Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prime Riddick Bowe v Vitali Klitschko

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Prime Riddick Bowe v Vitali Klitschko

alot people mention bowe against tyson lewis ect but what about this how do u think this would go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Prime Riddick Bowe v Vitali Klitschko

Id take Bowe, not sure how but im quite confident he would outbox Vitali, most likely for a one sided decision.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney
    Id take Bowe, not sure how but im quite confident he would outbox Vitali, most likely for a one sided decision.
    i reckon it would go 12 rounds if there are not cuts like with lewis but i see vitali give bowe trouble with his jab like tony tubbs did then i see bowe getting the grips with it come back after 5th round prolly win by about 8 rounds to 4 or 7 rounds to 5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bowe around the time of teh 1st Holyfiled was a good , fundamentally sound , capable fighter and his left hand combined with his right uppercut would be too much for Vitali to cope with . Bowes a better all around fighter and provided he didnt take chances with his chin hanging out he could dominate Vitali without too much trouble.

The right uppercut Lewis landed easily against Vitali was Bowes best punch and I doubt Klitschko has the movement or defensive skill to avoid the jabs and overhand rights .

Bowe by mid - late round stoppage

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its hard to say becasue the Lennox Lewis that fought Vitali, fouhgt with a style not to dissimilar to Bowes (albeit, it was only because Lewis was too out of shape ot compose himself in his usuall manner).

Lennox, aside form getting the W, failed in his plan, sustaining a slight ass whoping.

The on top style of Bowe carrying less then Lewis' power but with slightly more workrate and sharpness is a very difficukt equation to unravel.

I dunno, i still like Vitali's awrkward, calculating style against the slightly gun-ho Bowe
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali.

Too much chin, to much power, to good of a jab, & honestly...I just think that his style of fighting would have given any of the heavyweights out there in the last 20 years some issues.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali.

Too much chin, to much power, to good of a jab, & honestly...I just think that his style of fighting would have given any of the heavyweights out there in the last 20 years some issues.
    I agree with this. Vitali gave Lewis a lot of trouble in their encounter and i feel he wud have gone on to win that, had it not been for the cuts stoppage. Any fighter who gave Lewis this much trouble, would most likely have done the same with other similar fighters.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dickilad90
    Vitali.

I agree with this.  Vitali gave Lewis a lot of trouble in their encounter and i feel he wud have gone on to win that, had it not been for the cuts stoppage.  Any fighter who gave Lewis this much trouble, would most likely have done the same with other similar fighters.
    bruno was winning aswell against lewis vitalis defence is lacking somewhat i feel bowe would win vitali wouldnt be able to brawl with bowe he would of had to use his jab i still feel bowe by 7-5 or 8-4 plus bowe is totally different fighter to lewis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would have been interesting fight. I think Bowe was by far the more polished fighter, I would give him the edge . Bowe boxed well, but he could also fight on the inside very well . I just think Bowe had more arsenal . better variety of punches. IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bowe was SO good when he was in shape and focus. Such a waste of potential, ruined by McDonalds. He could have been one of the greats. I think Bowe at his best handles Vitali pretty easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

prime bowe (the one that beat holyfield in fight one) beats anyone in the modern era. I think he would outpoint Vitali

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Riddick Bowe of the 1st Holyfield fight would have been a terrific match for prime Vitali! I see a great battle emerging.

A case for this Bowe could strongly be made and I respect all opinions to this effect as he really did have the potential.

I have Vitali winning a UD victory. I think Vitali's superior defence and marginally better outside game nullifies Bowe's better infighting skills to a point.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali lays out fat boy bowe inside 6 , Bowe didn't go near any punchers , because his handlers knew he had a poor chin , look what Golota did to him.
    Vitali KO6
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the problem is that bowes prime was so short. he is just kind of a nutcase. so if we are talking about that small window where he was sharp and focused, then yes, bowe wins a pretty easy UD, but i couldnt count out vitali totally because even that bowe had mental problems and getting pushed to the limit. so if vitali get start landing shots, bowe may fold. i would put my money on bowe for sure though.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bowe did not have a dodgey chin, Bowe had good chin. Golota was a gigantic puncher and solid boxer to boot.

I would tip Vitali but not make a substantial bet. But in no way is Bowe overrated, he deserved his credit at his 92 best!

Of course he had good chin. He was by and large a bit of a punching bag as far as defence goes. He could dish it big time inside and out though to compensate.

Thread Information