Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: protein Shakes

would protien shakes be ok as a meal replacement for weight loss but not losing your muscle as well. Someone might have mentioned it but i cant read all of it at the moment, cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes and no. I definately wouldnt recommend supplementing a whole meal with one, but if you have a smaller meal AND a protein shake instead of a big meal than that would be fine.
    Although ive been naughty and sometimes not had time for breakfast so just drank one of those instead, its not healthy. They dont supply everything a body needs like a good meal does. But aslong as your getting everything else then no problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wel.... i guess i have been to haha, i have been having it with milk for breakfast, and then lunch with water and sum vitamin tablets etc. so this would help you lose weight in the long run instead of a crash diet which makes you lose weight quickly but put it on again quicker?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Please dont tell me thats all you have for lunch??

And yeah, you know what they say, the longer it takes to lose the longer it takes to put back on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haha, yep frade so. i realllly need like a diet plan. I go to school, they have a canteen and sell salads etc. So how about protien shake with milk for breakfast. Chickensalad-lunch, normal dinner like sandwich/something not to high with calories that i could cook?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Key to fat loss is eating right and eating OFTEN.
    So wake up, have a bowl of cereal and a protein shake.
    Then have something in your break in school, like a chicken sandwich.
    Then whatever you have for options for dinner.
    Then something when you come home from school and a protein shake.
    Then Tea, sorted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ok, so the bowl of cereal protien shake. I have 2 breaks at school, one at 11ish and one at 1. Then on monday sometimes wed def on thurs and sunday i go boxing. Other days gym and running etc. So should i save one sandwich for break and one for lunch. Then boxing. Then protien shake, then dinner?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sounds good, but you need to eat a lot more. a bowl of cereal, two protein shakes two sandiwches and tea isnt enough for anybody any day, especially somebody who Boxes.

have your breakfast, have your two sandwiches at school (and something else, a salad, fruit?) then when you get home something else, like some fruit, or a salad then boxing, then tea. See what im doing?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I always buy tubs of whey protein to supplement my diet during the rare months of the year I can motivate myself to exercise.

Whey protein, along with creatine are probably the best advances in supplementation in over 30 years.

Holland & Barret in the UK regularly do half price sales on tubs of Body Fortress Whey Protein supplement and the chocolate and vanilla flavours taste great mixed with milk.

If you are strapped for cash remember that powdered milk is actually whey protein too.

A bodybuilding mate of mine also used to put these soya crumbs on everything, literally every food he ever ate. He was a huge guy, went from 10 1/2 stone to about 16 1/2 stone just eating these damn dried soya crumbs!

But now he use creatine and whey protein along with I think nearly all professional athletes.

Creatine is great for pumping you up and making you feel stronger, but it left me bloated as fuck and I eventually got ill on it.

But my kidneys and liver have been damaged with cancer, (well actually the treatment for it!) which is why body couldn't assimilate properly but anyone should be fine if they use it carefully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bilbo, how appropriate a substitute for whey protein is powdered milk? do you mix that with water or milk?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ok cheers for advice, i would give some cc's but i dont have a clue how lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm no pro, but for what it's worth, I've heard Muscle Milk is overpriced garbage. The general consensus from the people I know is to just stick with your own shakes and then some Sweet Tarts candy immediately after workout to help drive it in.

Like I said, I'm no pro on it, but this is just what I've been told from several people.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Thread Information