Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who would win and why?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F.Mayweather Vs S.Mosley

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default F.Mayweather Vs S.Mosley

I say Mayweather by Decision.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: F.Mayweather Vs S.Mosley

Me too... Mosley has lost the speed needed to stand a chance with Mayweather, but even if he had the speed I've been watching his fight with Jesse James Leija and he just fights stupid... or really awkward, and Mayweather would have afield day with any version of Mosley if he fought like he did against COrrales.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Me three. Both at there best at LW Shane wins though IMO, but Floyd is better atm no doubt about it. Beating Vargas doesnt say he can beat Mayweather to me.

El Kabong Guest

Shane's fast, he has agood chin...good enough to take Oscar's best shots and not get too hurt.

Shane can either box or brawl and he has good power....he's tough for ANYONE especially if the guy in question is not a tall boxer with a good jab and good defense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Shane's fast, he has agood chin...good enough to take Oscar's best shots and not get too hurt.

Shane can either box or brawl and he has good power....he's tough for ANYONE especially if the guy in question is not a tall boxer with a good jab and good defense
    I thought you were not the biggest Mosley fan Lyle?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Mosley, stamina permitting will be able to actually outpoint PBF (I said it and admit it)
    I also think PBF's defense is too solid for him to actually get hurt, So I went with Mosley UD
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather UD. Even at his prime, I don't think Mosely was as fast as Floyd is--and he definitely isn't now. He looked better than he had in a while against the walking-punching-bag version of Vargas he was in there against in the last fight, but he had looked considerably off of his prime for a few fights leading up to that one--for one thing, he'd replaced his fast combinations with single shots. Even if he regains some speed at 147 and throw the old combos like he did against Vargas in their second fight though, I think that'll just leave him open to getting painted with counters all night. Don't get me wrong, I don't think this would be an easy fight for Floyd, but I'd bet on him taking 8 of 12 rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza
    Mayweather UD. Even at his prime, I don't think Mosely was as fast as Floyd is--and he definitely isn't now. He looked better than he had in a while against the walking-punching-bag version of Vargas he was in there against in the last fight, but he had looked considerably off of his prime for a few fights leading up to that one--for one thing, he'd replaced his fast combinations with single shots. Even if he regains some speed at 147 and throw the old combos like he did against Vargas in their second fight though, I think that'll just leave him open to getting painted with counters all night. Don't get me wrong, I don't think this would be an easy fight for Floyd, but I'd bet on him taking 8 of 12 rounds.
    I agree. Only reason anyone is talkin about Shane Mosley is because he looked so good against a finished Vargas. And in the second fight Vargas appeared to have no energy in him whatsoever (probably from trying so hard to make weight). Mayweather would destroy him on points. I bet this would be a really entertaining fight though for about the first five rounds...after that Mayweather would build a steady lead and take the decision...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mayweather by decision

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddavestafford
    I agree. Only reason anyone is talkin about Shane Mosley is because he looked so good against a finished Vargas. And in the second fight Vargas appeared to have no energy in him whatsoever (probably from trying so hard to make weight). Mayweather would destroy him on points. I bet this would be a really entertaining fight though for about the first five rounds...after that Mayweather would build a steady lead and take the decision...
    No the reason is, that Mosley has phenomenal experience and would be closer to his natural weight. He hasn't always won, but he's been in against some incredible talent. Winky, ODLH, Vargas. His ability to rough up floyd early and box him late gives him the best chance IMO. by no means do I think that this would be a blow-out though.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    No the reason is, that Mosley has phenomenal experience and would be closer to his natural weight. He hasn't always won, but he's been in against some incredible talent. Winky, ODLH, Vargas. His ability to rough up floyd early and box him late gives him the best chance IMO. by no means do I think that this would be a blow-out though.
    Not a blow out, i think it would be close for half the fight. After that I think Mayweather would start taking rounds and being the more active fighter as I have seen a tendency for Mosley to start gassin out in the later rounds (such as in his first fight with Vargas).

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not a blow out, i think it would be close for half the fight. After that I think Mayweather would start taking rounds and being the more active fighter as I have seen a tendency for Mosley to start gassin out in the later rounds (such as in his first fight with Vargas).
    I think Mosley, stamina permitting will be able to actually outpoint PBF (I said it and admit it)
    I also think PBF's defense is too solid for him to actually get hurt, So I went with Mosley UD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll definitely agree that Winky is better than anyone Floyd's been in against. But Mosely lost to him both times. I think ODLH is p4p of about the same level as Castillo. And Vargas, especially by the time Mosely got to him, was not an incredible talent. He looked worse than Baldomir did in Mosely/Vargas II. I hear you about the natural weight though. Floyd's never been in with anyone who's both that much naturally bigger than him AND has good technique and speed. I just don't think Mosely has quite the speed to do the job. And I don't think the size disparity is so great as to allow Mosely to really bully Floyd much. Mosely still looks quite small at 154, for instance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather has a good jab, and an amazing defense so he's still alright.. also Mosley has horrible timing for being such a great athlete.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983

I thought you were not the biggest Mosley fan Lyle?
    I'm not....but he's stepped up more than Floyd has and he only has 1 weakness and it ain't Floyd

Thread Information