Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 12 or 15?

I remember Hagler saying recently that they should have the 15 rounders back for title fights because those last 3 rounds were the championship rounds. What do you guys think. Would it just make the rest of the fight a more boring affair with the fighters pacing themselves, or will it mean that the real champions will be able to just bite down on the gum shield and suck it in for the last 3 rounds or is it to dangerous for fighters.
    Personally I think that boxing is one of those sports where it is difficult to really pace yourself because some much of what you do depends on what your opponent does on the night. When you look at all the recent great fights that have gone to the score cards (and a lot of the time there is disagreement about the result), I think that most of them would have produced a definitive winner given another 3 rounds.
    Opinions......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 12 or 15?

for championship fights only I think it would be great... It is dangerous cuz you are vulnerable after around 12 but if its in a championship fight... These aren't ordinary fighters... They are two of the best in the world... Vulnerability isn't much of a variable when you are talking about guys like this.... Course on the down side it would give PBF 3 more rounds to bore us to death
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by "PRIDE OF BOSTON"
    for championship fights only I think it would be great... It is dangerous cuz you are vulnerable after around 12 but if its in a championship fight... These aren't ordinary fighters... They are two of the best in the world... Vulnerability isn't much of a variable when you are talking about guys like this.... Course on the down side it would give PBF 3 more rounds to bore us to death
    Given the hype and build up to his fights, I'd want him in the ring for as lond as possible
    Didn't fighters before fight a lot more often in a tear than now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

guys back in the day would take like 1.5 to 2 months off and jump back in the ring... I've read about fights back in the late 1800's that were schedualed for 45 rounds... course rounds would end with a knockdown and stuff... different rules
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you brought the 15 rds back youd have to sit through the boring rds like the fights between . Ali v Frazer Lenoard v Hearns Duran Lenoard Boring no action fights we dont want them back.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    If you brought the 15 rds back youd have to sit through the boring rds like the fights between . Ali v Frazer Lenoard v Hearns Duran Lenoard Boring no action fights we dont want them back.
    But think of the fights we would get more of... I think 15 would have given a definitive answer in the ODLH Felix Sturm fight(felix won)...
    Hidden Content

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by "PRIDE OF BOSTON"
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    But think of the fights we would get more of... I think 15 would have given a definitive answer in the ODLH Felix Sturm fight(felix won)...
    yea and there wouldnt be so many draws remember when judges had holmes norton fight even going into 15th well 15th round sorted who won and i think it would sort some of these bs draws out aswell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe they should bring back 15 rounds for unifications, because generally a guy who's in a unification bout has come through 12 rounders without too much serious danger, but to be honest, extra danger is uneccessary cos i'm used to watching 12 rounds anyway.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes pride, im revueing the situation maybe not eh. have a cool one for reminding me
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Thread Information