Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default F$#@ TOP RANK!!

Bastards are now removing clips from you tube under copyright law!! What a bunch of shite!! You would think
    those greedy bastards would have gotten enough from all of the p.p.v. buys.
    I remember the days of childhood when wide world of sports used to air these fights for free; what a novel
    idea.
    "et ignotas animum dimittit in artes naturamque nouat" Ovid's Metamorphoses

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: F$#@ TOP RANK!!

as much as i love fight being accessable on the internet... i still think PPV's being up and online aint a great thing for the boxers or the PPV numbers.

not when you have fighters like mayweather demanding 12 million... this silly money has to be paid for somehow so i personally dont blame them.

torrent sites, stream and upload sites are great for the fans but without the revenue coming in from the people who just wait a few hours and avoid the results and download it free could kill the sport in the long run.

one of 2 things need to happen and soon...

1 the fights need to be free air and the boxers need to take a pay cut

or

2 they can stop some kid ripping off there shows and a website that is using a loophole in the law for stealing there stuff.

2 aint gonna happen as there are plenty of other sites that will take up from where youtube left off.

so option one will be the only answer... and if the sport can survive it we would get far bigger fights made because it IMO

just my

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: F$#@ TOP RANK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    as much as i love fight being accessable on the internet... i still think PPV's being up and online aint a great thing for the boxers or the PPV numbers.

not when you have fighters like mayweather demanding 12 million... this silly money has to be paid for somehow so i personally dont blame them.

torrent sites, stream and upload sites are great for the fans but without the revenue coming in from the people who just wait a few hours and avoid the results and download it free could kill the sport in the long run.

one of 2 things need to happen and soon...

1 the fights need to be free air and the boxers need to take a pay cut

or

2 they can stop some kid ripping off there shows and a website that is using a loophole in the law for stealing there stuff.

2 aint gonna happen as there are plenty of other sites that will take up from where youtube left off.

so option one will be the only answer... and if the sport can survive it we would get far bigger fights made because it IMO

just my
    I completely understand the economics of the fight situation. That being said, I'm in agreement with you. But I think that the overwhelming majority of funds lands in the big pockets of the promotional companies, while a contractual stipulation amongst fight teams fight over the 'pennies' which comes over their respective purses.
    These companies, including Top Rank, have been marketing low-end shite caliber cards ala Holyfield, Tua, Briggs and have the audacity to charge people outlandish prices!
    Why has boxing become a sport for the elite who can afford to drop $50.00 for a prizefight while american football, baseball, etc is still good enough for the common man (In most cases)? I thought boxing was for the people and not just those ELITE who can afford to fork over these ridiculous prices to watch a bout. These corporate entities are only concerned with the bottom line: $$$$. But what else is new?
    "et ignotas animum dimittit in artes naturamque nouat" Ovid's Metamorphoses

Hidden Content

Thread Information