Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I The only one who thinks Larry Merchant should go away?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Am I The only one who thinks Larry Merchant should go away?

After thinking a bit i realized that some people on here are from england and probably don't know who john madden is so i found the best quote i could to sum up how he announces entire football games.

“Hey, the offensive linemen are the biggest guys on the field, they're bigger than everybody else, and that's what makes them the biggest guys on the field.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

landmine950, grea post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    Coming from someone who sat RINGSIIIIIIIIIIIIDE this past weekend at a fight called the GRAND FINALE, its kinda funny cuz Larry gets up ALOT to go to bathroom. alot of u and myself thought Larry's quiet and comes back into the discussion from no where after several rounds but the truth of the matter is he gets up constantly to go pissssssss man must be that bladder of his with all the liquids at that age??
    Actually I heard he's got a thing with stealing spoons. Apparently he goes into the bar area and fills his pockets with cutlery in between rounds.

A security guy/minder always follows him and empties his pockets before he sits down again. He's been doing it for about 5 years I think.

If you listen carefully sometimes you can hear a clang of metal just after a round is about to get started. Strange but true.

And by true I mean false.

Well it could be true, I like to think it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bilbo., I heard that too, but don't spread it around........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeboxing
    larry merchant -- i'd tap that
    mikeboxing if your sexual attraction is indeed serious go to my thread on my coverage of Fight of the Year Ringside there I got a sweet treat for a twisted man like you there. ENJOY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by landmine950
    WOW am i ever surprised!!! some people actually like this ignorant smarmy B****** disrespectful to the guys who are getting their guts bashed out so he can sit outside the ring and cut em down. Cuts off guys during their props and thank yous. Esp upsetting to me is disrespecting a mans personal faith as he wants to give the credit to god (or who ever) for the greatest moment in his life and merchant cuts him off. like him i wouldn't piss down his throat if his guts were on fire!! he talks like as if every word is gold and draws some stupid trite analogy into a 2 minute diatribe!! Compare this lame a** to max?? are you kidding!!!! if i was in charge there would be one sound..................."PUNT" as his a** got kicked down the street!!
    Guy argues all the time with big George. doesn't matter what foreman says he disagrees and tries to make him look dumb.(closet racist maybe?) I HATE listening to him. now...did i make myself clear lol!
    I HAD TO CC U FOR THAT EFFORT,WELL SAID ....I REALLY COULDNT BE BOTHERED TYPING THAT MUCH SO IM GLAD THERES PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF TO DO IT FOR ME. ....I WILL SAY THAT I HATE THAT C..NT AS WELL, AND THE SAME GOES FOR HOWARD COSELL.....THEY BOTH MAKE ME SICK

MrJohnRuiz Guest

Megusta Senor Merchant!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ever notice that when its a short evening for him he's not as offensive I've been to quite a few HBO fights and every time Larry is going to his flask early and hard...It's great when he's all juiced up and his hair is all over the place always completely pissed....that's when he comes up with his best gems, imo

Now Showtime's version, Jim Gray has no excuse for being the village idiot...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Promoter
    Ever notice that when its a short evening for him he's not as offensive I've been to quite a few HBO fights and every time Larry is going to his flask early and hard...It's great when he's all juiced up and his hair is all over the place always completely pissed....that's when he comes up with his best gems, imo

Now Showtime's version, Jim Gray has no excuse for being the village idiot...
    I concurrrrrrr i cant stand any of Showtime's people they cant even get the fighters names right, and historical background oh hell naw thats too hard for them! ahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    I just don't like how he clearly favors some fighters. I mean, I don't know how anyone that has watched HBO over the past couple of years can say that he isn't biased. Merchant literally would pay to receive ODLH's or Wlad's manseed all over his face. For god sakes, it's disgusting. I was pissed off at the end of Mosley - ODLH II, Merchant was harrassing Mosley like Mosley was the one scoring the fight.
    I think Merchant is biased in one way, and that is the fact that he likes brawlers more than he likes "boxers" and movers like Roy Jones and Floyd. Yet, he still had the conscience to give Floyd the credit he deserved after his fight with Baldomir. Floyd's reaction was unjustified in this sense. Merchant was clearly stating the truth about the crowd when he asked Mayweather about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ted The Bull
    Rican, I sure as hell hope you are wrong. Putting him in the Hall would disgrace the Hall. Yeeech!
    But why is Larry being a hall of famer a disgrace? Like him or hate him, Larry has been around boxing for a long, long time. He has paid his dues as a boxing journalist, both in print and in broadcast journalism. That's no disgrace. Personal opinion should not get in the way of respecting his contributions to boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like the guy. He'll get in your face if you don't perform and tells it like he sees it. Gotta love a guy who doesn't get swayed by hype.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am sorry, but when it comes to LM, I get emotional. I have an entire book on his idiotic, imbecilc, senilic sayings. For example, Daniel Ponce De Leon recently kocked a Thai fighter out cold in the first round after a furious exchange. The Thai required quick attention and oxygen. All through this frightening ordeal, Merchant was making inane comments like, "that's a long was to come for such a short night's work." The guy looked dead, for God's sake.Mercant is a lazy, senile, hairball and simply must go for the good of the sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rican, please back up your statements with some facts. What are some examples of Merchan's "great work?" And since when did seniority equate with excellence. That's his problem, he is resting on his luarels and has been around too long. As for "personal opinion," what do you mean? I am more than prepared to open the book on this idiot!

Thread Information