Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mayweather Run Rabbit run run run...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather Run Rabbit run run run...

There is talk how he would of done in the 80's, I think he would have spent most of his time on his back looking at the stars. Where the word greatness is used, think of the great fighters in the 80's leonard, duran, hearnes, pryor, hagler, benitez to name but a few . It takes more than a big mouth to prove your good, He has he fought, an old welter weight... and that is about it, JLC had him down with a BODY PUNCH, watch at 3:06 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD1Uy...elated&search= look at mayweather get away with a knockdown. 36-1-24... that should be his record to this day. If you think he is great, you dont know much about boxing. I have been following boxing for over 30 years, i have got out of bed in the middle of the night to watch duran,leonard,hearnes,hagler to name yet a few. But i would not get out of the chair to watch floyd, over hyped and a runner thats
    Floyd "Pretty Boy" Mayweather.

If castillio floors him what will hatton do with his body shots!!! cause mayweather cant run from him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather Run Rabbit run run run...

Sorry mate i like Hatton but he gets severly Schooled by Mayweather. Like him or loath him, the bloke is FOOKING talented, theres no two ways about that. I personally think his defence would give Hearns alot of trouble, its a 50/50 IMO, i back Leonard to take him out at welter though. If PBF beats DeLaHoya convincingly, that is a damn good win for him. IMO its still not enough to warrent his 'greatness' comments but he is damn talented.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes he is talented......... but i still dont think he is that good, come on all the fighter out there now he could fight hatton, cotto, collazo, magarito, and that is 4 fighter's already possibly one of these you think he should fight. The 80's elites fought each other mayweather well, picking his fights when he is hurt he runs. Not for me that is not greatness and he has not got it all when has he gone toe 2 toe . Hatton has proved that and the other fighters i have mentioned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hate him or love him but theres no denying he is a great boxer and definately one of the best in the world right now. You can compare him to the greats of the 80s for as long as you like but he can only fight the best around now and in moving up to take on De La Hoya I believe hes doing that. I think he'll put on a great show against Oscar but its a fight I dont see him winning. I see De La Hoya not only handing the pretty boy his first loss but maybe even knocking him out.
    As for Hatton, thats a fight that'll never happen because Mayweather is intent on keep moving up through the weights and Hatton didnt look comfortable above light welter. If they'd fought a 140 pounds Id give it to Ricky but not above that. At welter I reckon Cotto would have a better chance than anyone else.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather is to boxing as Vick is to NFL football.

They both have unparalleled skill and neither will achieve greatness.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla

Ouch!!
    You know now that you mention it, and I read it a few times it makes sense fwocken Vick can play his azz off but he doesn't do it when it matters the most.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Counter
    If you think he is great, you dont know much about boxing.
    If castillio floors him what will hatton do with his body shots!!! cause mayweather cant run from him
    If you think Ricky Hatton would stand a chance in hell of beating Floyd Mayweather, you don't know much about boxing. If Gatti lasted 6, maybe Hatton makes it thru 8 or 9. And in those 8 or 9 rounds, he will have been completely outclassed by a faster and smarter fighter.
    That fight will never happen, becausse everyone would know that it's a complete mismatch, most of all Hatton would know it himself.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather may be annoying at times, and god knows his obsessive fans are, but he's not always a runner. Usually he's fun to watch, take out Castillo 2, Sosa, and Baldomir and he's usually in exciting fights IMO. He's a very good inside fighter, not just an outside boxer mover. I like boxers, I don't really like guys that just move all day and don't throw much but jabs, but Floyd doesn't dothat often. Watch Genaro Hernandez, Chavez (although he did move some in this one, still fun to watch cause he's throwing punches, not just moving, same for Corrales), Augustus, Castillo 1, N'dou, Corley, Gatti, Mitchell, even Judah was allright and he was the one making the fight.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally, I'd find it very hard to see Hatton doing anything but getting a lesson by Mayweather. Hatton is a competent fighter at world level, but he is not really much of a technical fighter, more of a heart, guts and blood n thunder kind of fighter, but he would need to hit Mayweather flush with 3 or 4 lucky shots in the same round to have a realistic shot at winning. Despite Hatton's workrate, I think the Mayweather would stay at distance and pick him off.

Also Hatton only just beat Collazo in a very tight affair at welterweight, so I think he'll be staying at Light-Welter for the forseeable future, as his power is really more impressive there than at welter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on guys how can u say floyd isn't one of the greats. Granted he may have not engaged in an all out war with Baldomir but why should he. He got the UD he was looking for considering hes moved up through so many weight classes he probibly would get knocked out if he stood there and went at it with the naturally bigger guys. He has lost a bit of speed so hes obviously got to adapt his style a bit so he doesnt get caught , call it running if you may, cause against the WW's and LM's one punch could quiet possibly take him out. I think the guys a genious hes using his strengths and not allowing his weaknesses to be exploited. As fo dogging people, Hatton aint all that at welter and Margarito is not so hot either, fighting Baldomir was a valid choice as he had the better record that Tony, Cotto before his last fight at WW looked very shaky against Mallinagie and Torres, so who else is there? Mayweather always puts on a masterclass and uses his skill to the best of his ability why do u think he still has his 0 intact. As for all the people that say Castillo beat his it was a close fight and floyd had an off night but in the rematch he proved he was far superior so come on give the guy his dues. I dont like to say what would happen if Floyd fought such and such because you really cant say what would have happend. Mayweather has beaten the best avaliable to his, Castillo x2, Corrales, Jesus Chavez, Sosa, Hernandez, Gatti - was pritty much limited but still crediable, Judah and Baldomir and hes taking on ODLH a bold move in my oppinon especialy considering he started at 130. I think Floyd can skool him tho i mean DLH hasn't exactly been active of late and Floyd is still very quick anyone see Floyd winnin by UD takin most of the rounds from 6 onward? anyways thats just my 2 cents :P cant wait for fight night

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla

vick may be the single most overrated QB of all time, the guy is horribly inaccurate, he has a strong arm and he runs fast, he has no accuracy and cannot read defense, the only reason he makes passes is cus the farther its thrown the more time a reciever has to compensate for the QBs mistake, and he can throw pretty far

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes he is talented......... but i still dont think he is that good, come on all the fighter out there now he could fight hatton, cotto, collazo, magarito, and that is 4 fighter's already possibly one of these you think he should fight. The 80's elites fought each other mayweather well, picking his fights when he is hurt he runs. Not for me that is not greatness and he has not got it all when has he gone toe 2 toe . Hatton has proved that and the other fighters i have mentioned.
    I can't believe anyone still thinks this way. Im not even going to respond to your saying he isn't that good.. THat's assinine.. But your telling me Hatton, Cotto, Collazo, or Margarito are better fighters, or bigger challenges then DLH at 154?? Guarenteed if he was fighting one of those guys instead people would just say he could be fighting Oscar.. THere's no reason to argue this.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    I can't believe anyone still thinks this way. Im not even going to respond to your saying he isn't that good.. THat's assinine.. But your telling me Hatton, Cotto, Collazo, or Margarito are better fighters, or bigger challenges then DLH at 154?? Guarenteed if he was fighting one of those guys instead people would just say he could be fighting Oscar.. THere's no reason to argue this.
    I agree with you bro, by taking the ODLH fight he is making the biggest fight out there for him, everyone's gonna get absolutely loaded down with big hefty bags of cash, and Mayweather will get his acid test. I enjoyed DLH's last fight, but IO have a feeling the Mayweather is going to show how good he is in this one. Especially with Hatton going back down to 147, then this is the biggest fight possible at 154, period.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO Hatton does similar to what castillo did to mayweather but without really having as much success as castillo did in the 1st fight. To say hatton has no chance just because of the Collazo fight, is absolutely foolish. Mayweather for me, wins but it would be close i believe. I think a lot of it would come down to what weight they fought at, the ring size and the referee. In a smaller ring with a leniant ref, i would side with hatton. In a bigger ring with Jay nady bumming mayweather....i would side with mayweather.
    Also that knockdown was not caused by a punch, it was caused by JLC standing on mayweather's foot.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney
    Sorry mate i like Hatton but he gets severly Schooled by Mayweather. Like him or loath him, the bloke is FOOKING talented, theres no two ways about that. I personally think his defence would give Hearns alot of trouble, its a 50/50 IMO, i back Leonard to take him out at welter though. If PBF beats DeLaHoya convincingly, that is a damn good win for him. IMO its still not enough to warrent his 'greatness' comments but he is damn talented.
    People forget Oscar's last two fights before Mayorga, He got beat by Sturm and got a gift decision and was KO by Hopkins. Mayorga is just a club fighter to fit the glove of the tactician of the Golden Boy Dela Hoya. Mayweather will box circles around Oscar, I don't think Mayweather will ko out Oscar but he will win a very convincing decision.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Thread Information