0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So if PBF beats ODH...

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDENBOY213
    Quote Originally Posted by sanj16
    ...will he finally get the respect he deserves as a fighter, or will people come out and say that he caught ODH at the right time but could never do it in his prime, it means nothing because he's ducked Margarito etc.
    I can full understand his frustration after the last fight. It seems that no matter what he does people critasize his ability and the fights. Everyone has their own opinion on who he should fight, but he can't fight everyone. Fine he may be arrogant and a loud mouth outside the ring, but as far as his boxing, and more importantly his prep and commitment to fights is concerned, its the sort of thing that should be shown to young boxers.
    I only fear is that no matter how he does in this fight, there will always be people willing to find fault.
    There will still be arguments about why he doesnt fight the young good guys like hatton,margarito,diaz etc

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    ...will he finally get the respect he deserves as a fighter, or will people come out and say that he caught ODH at the right time but could never do it in his prime, it means nothing because he's ducked Margarito etc.
    I can full understand his frustration after the last fight. It seems that no matter what he does people critasize his ability and the fights. Everyone has their own opinion on who he should fight, but he can't fight everyone. Fine he may be arrogant and a loud mouth outside the ring, but as far as his boxing, and more importantly his prep and commitment to fights is concerned, its the sort of thing that should be shown to young boxers.
    I only fear is that no matter how he does in this fight, there will always be people willing to find fault.
    There will still be arguments about why he doesnt fight the young good guys like hatton,margarito,diaz etc
    And they'll be stupid arguments, too. Diaz? Already showing how stupid there going to be.
    Diaz is a hell of a fighter he could beat cotto
    Those are more stupid my friend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucian

And they'll be stupid arguments, too. Diaz? Already showing how stupid there going to be.
    Those are more stupid my friend
    When the fights are arranged we will see about it okay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WTF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IF PBF totally out boxes ODLH then he will go down P4P as all time great in skill and accoplishments because nobody has been able to totally outbox ODLH.

IF PBF barely wins I think he is on rated on the same level as Mosley if not lower.

IF PBF loses by decision whether bad or he is just outboxed I believe that he will be largely forgotten in ten years though he will still make the HOF.

IF PBF is ko'ed then he will be remembered along the lines of Buddy McGirt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...will he finally get the respect he deserves as a fighter, or will people come out and say that he caught ODH at the right time but could never do it in his prime, it means nothing because he\'s ducked Margarito etc.
    I can full understand his frustration after the last fight. It seems that no matter what he does people critasize his ability and the fights. Everyone has their own opinion on who he should fight, but he can\'t fight everyone. Fine he may be arrogant and a loud mouth outside the ring, but as far as his boxing, and more importantly his prep and commitment to fights is concerned, its the sort of thing that should be shown to young boxers.
    And they\'ll be stupid arguments, too. Diaz? Already showing how stupid there going to be.
    Please, please tell me you have at least some boxing knowledge and are not talking about Juan Diaz.
    Juan diaz the young fighter out of texas
    I would like to see Diaz fight (and beat) some young fighters in his own division, before even thinking about fighting Mayweather
    The wicked shall die by there own wickedness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is always people out there gonna try and snuff on you accomplishments. So sure people will have a reason why this happed or why that happened, I give you a clue to who wins this fight.. before the fight starts .. Look at the ring size ! … If the ring is big Mayweather will win.. If the Ring is Small ODH will win . So before you place that bet with your bookie, you better know what ring they gonna run with.. - peace out !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    There is always people out there gonna try and snuff on you accomplishments. So sure people will have a reason why this happed or why that happened, I give you a clue to who wins this fight.. before the fight starts .. Look at the ring size ! … If the ring is big Mayweather will win.. If the Ring is Small ODH will win . So before you place that bet with your bookie, you better know what ring they gonna run with.. - peace out !
    I think at this level of skill, ring size will not matter. These guys will adjust their strategies constantly throughout the fight, and pbf can fight inside, outside, on the ropes, anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PBF fighting on the inside against Oscar will result in PBF getting knocked out.. in a smaller ring Floyd will be forced into those exchanges . .. in a Big ring, Floyd can utilize his skills , pot shot and run. and win a Dec. I would be very surprised if Floyd wins in a small ring with Reyes gloves being worn by both fighters. and equally surprised if Oscar can cut off a 27 foot ring with Floyd in the drivers seat, with all that real estate to burn up. I think Ring size is everything in this match . more so in this match then any other match. Cool Click # 87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

considering how good floyd is a win over oscar won't prove much other then capturing another title at a higher weight...also oscars age and considering he should of lost to sturm and got k.oed by bhop, a win against a dork who stands there and let u hit him(mayorga) don't prove his suddenly the once great oscar...this fight is all about money all the hype is just plain bullshit...

giving floyd credit and saying his legacy is cemented after a win against oscar is bullshit...specially at this age, I don't feel floyd should get bash though. just like pac everyone says he beat a old em and mab a shot mab and em blah blah blah if they bash pac like that surely floyd will too...

floyd should win all he needs to do is what he does best...no need for wars...but he should not retire there is still so much fights out there...if he retires his whole career will be wasted...sure he has captured abc titles at multi division...but he will leave the sport not proving how good he is and and not reaching his potential...we all know how good he is...he should insist on fighting everyone and after beating them then he can rest and his legacy then will be much greater then if he retires after oscar.

saying floyd will cement his number 1 spot p4p after beating oscar is bullshit...what's the difference between pac beating mab and em...specially when winky has beaten the man who beat oscar( mosley) in oscars prime...

this fight is just about hype and money...its not the greatest fight in boxing history...this should jst be another win for floyd if he wins...and if oscar wins he jst prove why pbf has handpicked his oppenent...nothing more...so what if pbf is undefeated how impressive is it when one left hook by an old oscar is all it takes to prove pbf wasn't as good as everyone watch him while he pounded b class openents...I`ll be more impress if he can take a punishment then being undefeated only because he aint been punish yet...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Mayweather is getting the respect he deserves. In some ways, being criticize is being respected. He won't have any haters if he doenst have any fans. Its just that his wins are not that dominating in a sense where fans would be contented. It always make most fans dissapointed when they didnt see a knockout. And if Mayweather isnt getting enough respect, how do you call his spot in the pound for pound list? He is a must around the 1st to the 3rd place. Fans, critics and experts put him there and I suppose you call that respect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

for an earlier poster, you can't compare Morales to ODH, Morales really was a shell of his former self and had problems with the weight. I personally don't think PBF has a lot to prove as I admire his boxing skill and respect his defensive ability. Only an idiot would take a shot if he didn't have to! Sure it can be frustrating because we can clearly see that the boy has a lot more in reserve, but he never has to go there.
    Following the ODH fight, assuming a win, PBF should fight Cotto, Hatton and Mosley (not necessarily in that order) and set his place beyond argument as an all time great.
    But even with those fight there will still be those finding fault, Margarito fans I'm looking at you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Goldenboy WTF are you on?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's a wind up merchant
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    PBF fighting on the inside against Oscar will result in PBF getting knocked out.. in a smaller ring Floyd will be forced into those exchanges . .. in a Big ring, Floyd can utilize his skills , pot shot and run. and win a Dec. I would be very surprised if Floyd wins in a small ring with Reyes gloves being worn by both fighters. and equally surprised if Oscar can cut off a 27 foot ring with Floyd in the drivers seat, with all that real estate to burn up. I think Ring size is everything in this match . more so in this match then any other match. Cool Click # 87
    Good post, PBF will do what he always does, no one is expecting him to stand and trade. ODH will be looking to get close. I hope we don't get the flat footed version of Oscar.

Thread Information