Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Updates on some fighters

Valuev-- has big problem cuz he cant find a sparing partner--last 3 have been knockout cold and quit

Adamek--first Dawson , next is Johnson in April

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Updates on some fighters

Quote Originally Posted by mikeboxing

Easier said then done.
    Dawson needs to fight a smart fight and keep Adamek at a distance, if he can keep Adamek off of him and at the end of his punches he can decision Adamek.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

Easier said then done.
    Dawson needs to fight a smart fight and keep Adamek at a distance, if he can keep Adamek off of him and at the end of his punches he can decision Adamek.
    Ay Mick you seem to follow Dawson a good bit. I need a little info on him. I wanted to know is his chin weak? I know Eric Harding knocked him down and Harding has never been a big puncher. What's that a one time thing or has he been down in other fights?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise

Easier said then done.
    Ay Mick you seem to follow Dawson a good bit. I need a little info on him. I wanted to know is his chin weak? I know Eric Harding knocked him down and Harding has never been a big puncher. What's that a one time thing or has he been down in other fights?
    Flash knock down but still valid on Eric, Dawson wasn't hurt in any way matter fact IMO he came back to even out the rd. 9-9 as he schooled Eric for the rest of the rd. Thats just my opinion.
    Also in this fight Eric came in leading with his head and cut Dawson which the ref. ruled that it was an actual punch replays showed it came from the head butt.
    Dawsons chin is suspect as hes suffered a few 1st rd. knock downs in his career 1 has been legit the others questionable but yet still raise qustions.
    I think more then anything against Adamek he has to use that hes skills as Adamek has showed that hes tough and can rough it out if needed. Dawson has yet to be in trouble really in any fight hes been able to outclass his opponents. To me thats the question that lingers in there does he have that toughness to hang in there with the rugged, tough tactics of fighters like Adamek, Woods & company. Guess will find out soon and last I heard Showtime will be televising the fight

I also questioned the move to Light Heavy. from SMW so soon without trying to fight for a title... But hey! it seems that Light Heavy is working out fine for him....

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easier said then done.
    Flash knock down but still valid on Eric, Dawson wasn't hurt in any way matter fact IMO he came back to even out the rd. 9-9 as he schooled Eric for the rest of the rd. Thats just my opinion.
    Also in this fight Eric came in leading with his head and cut Dawson which the ref. ruled that it was an actual punch replays showed it came from the head butt.
    Dawsons chin is suspect as hes suffered a few 1st rd. knock downs in his career 1 has been legit the others questionable but yet still raise qustions.
    I think more then anything against Adamek he has to use that hes skills as Adamek has showed that hes tough and can rough it out if needed. Dawson has yet to be in trouble really in any fight hes been able to outclass his opponents. To me thats the question that lingers in there does he have that toughness to hang in there with the rugged, tough tactics of fighters like Adamek, Woods & company. Guess will find out soon and last I heard Showtime will be televising the fight

I also questioned the move to Light Heavy. from SMW so soon without trying to fight for a title... But hey! it seems that Light Heavy is working out fine for him....

Thanks for the info. I seen the Harding fight as well as his fight Ian Gardner. He looks good, but i do want to check out some of his other fights

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easier said then done.

Thanks for the info. I seen the Harding fight as well as his fight Ian Gardner. He looks good, but i do want to check out some of his other fights
    Yeah! the Ian fight was at SMW which is where I thought he would stay and become champ. But he moved up, the Eric fight was his first at LH sooo we'll just see how it plays out. You gotta keep in mind Dawson has only been shceduled in 2 12 rd. fights prior to that he was fighting 8 & 10 rd. fights.
    Hes gone throught the rakings pretty fast but still I think he has the goods to become champ.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easier said then done.

Yeah! the Ian fight was at SMW which is where I thought he would stay and become champ. But he moved up, the Eric fight was his first at LH sooo we'll just see how it plays out. You gotta keep in mind Dawson has only been shceduled in 2 12 rd. fights prior to that he was fighting 8 & 10 rd. fights.
    Hes gone throught the rakings pretty fast but still I think he has the goods to become champ.
    I think Dawson did the right thing (and the best thing for him) by moving up. I think he knew he'll have a hard time getting a title shot at 168. At 175 all the belts are scatter. Much easier for him to grab one. Belts don't mean all that much anymore. But they do help in the purse department. Him holding a belt and calling himself champion, he's able to demand decent pay. It looks like the move was a smart one since his next fight is a title fight

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats what I told El Gamo on a previous thread that the only reason I saw Dawson moving was because of all the fuss at SMW and standing in line. Moving up has payed off if the fight goes thru.....

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats what I told El Gamo on a previous thread that the only reason I saw Dawson moving was because of all the fuss at SMW and standing in line. Moving up has payed off if the fight goes thru.....
    Even if for some reason it doesn't, I think he's still better off at 175. Beating Eric Harding is a good name for his resume. I don't think there's any non-champions at 168 he could beat that would mean more than Harding

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You got a point there, from what I understood when I talked to him the plan was to win a title at SMW he wanted to fight Lacy who happened to be there also. Also physically he said hes a natural SMW and moving up would not happend until later down the road. But boy times have changed....

Thread Information