Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Put Pacquaio in with Guzman is what I say.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Put Pacquaio in with Guzman is what I say.

I know Pacquaio is very good, but one thing that can trump a fighter like him is a boxer, and I want to see if he can beat an actually skilled boxer who won't be inclined to prove himself as a warrior like Barrera and Morales. So I would like to re-iterate that I bleieve he is good, and deserves a spot among the top 5 p4p fighters, but I want to see if he could do what Mosley and Trinidad couldn't do. The only reason I wonder is that he has poor balance and I think that good footwork would really cause him problems.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Put Pacquaio in with Guzman is what I say.

CC man. Good idea. This would be a great fight. Guzman is very big for his weightclass, even after moving up recently. He did beat the hell outta Barrios, but Pac man hits much harder than Barrios even. It'd be a great fight. Guzman does seem a little green still though, to be takin on Pacquaio, but he's not lacking in confidence or skill, or size, so it could be a great great fight.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    I know Pacquaio is very good, but one thing that can trump a fighter like him is a boxer, and I want to see if he can beat an actually skilled boxer who won't be inclined to prove himself as a warrior like Barrera and Morales. So I would like to re-iterate that I bleieve he is good, and deserves a spot among the top 5 p4p fighters, but I want to see if he could do what Mosley and Trinidad couldn't do. The only reason I wonder is that he has poor balance and I think that good footwork would really cause him problems.
    What could Mosley and Trinidad not do??

Pac nearly beat JMM who is a master boxer,he beat MAB the first time,and there aren't many boxers than MAB and he beat Morales the second time after Morales totally outboxed him the first time sooo.......

It would be a good fight but MAB and JMM first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

Pac nearly beat JMM who is a master boxer,he beat MAB the first time,and there aren't many boxers than MAB and he beat Morales the second time after Morales totally outboxed him the first time sooo.......

true. theres no way in hell Guzman is the better boxer than
    MAB, EM and JMM. in fact those three were the best you could find
    and theres no way in hell guzman can edge pac in a melee
    and i also think that no matter how long he waits and prepares
    he cant own pac. he just dont have the potential that valero has

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I imagine he means MOsley and Trinidad could not beat a great boxer who was naturally bigger than they were?? That was my take, thought I certainly wouldn't put Guzman anywhere near HOpkins or WRights class... He could however be another Vernon Forrest, and in that sense the comparison to Mosley and Pac could be dead on. Guzman definetly has skills, and he is bigger then Pacquiao, no doubt. It could be a big upset in the making if this fight happens, at least imo. Anyways, I think Guzman is the toughest fight out there for Manny, but I can understand that a rematch with MArquez is obviously one with a little more interest at this point... As far as Barerra though, I don't see how anyone can say that rematch should happen before Pac thinks about fighting Guzman or Valero.. Pac brutally beat Barerra years ago and everyone realizes he has improved greatly since then, I don't give Barerra much chance today.. Marquez definetly should get another shot at Pacman though, that fight needs to happen.. If for whatever reason it doesn't though, Guzman is a fight I hope PAc would take..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think guzman or valero can get to pac while mab and jmm are still around...guzman is nowhere near mab or jmm boxing skills valero is still raw...pac will be too much for either guzman or valero...we all heard it before pac is gonna get outbox blah blah blah ahh yea all game plans out the window right when the speed and power is right in front of you...valero is getting some hype now he has a title he won from and those k.os uhh pac would of done the same prolly worst to valeros oppenents...guzman well a boxer? nothing like mab or jmm...pac has been in with the best and he can overwhelm them and take them to deep waters...guzman hasn't been in anything like the pacman...both guzman or valero will be overwhelmed by pac and that ends there hype after winning titles from nobodies.

other then mab and jmm theres nobody that can challenge pacs hold on the division.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Guzman definetly has skills, and he is bigger then Pacquiao, no doubt.
    man EM obviously had the better skills (includes MAB and JMM) and is bigger than guzman
    look how thin EM was at 130 and how bulked guzman is
    and bro he aint got power at all. im pretty sure EM hits harder than him, boxes better than him
    and has a bigger heart than him. well guzman really has that great chin to show off
    but he hasnt faced anyone who is near the whirlwind that pac implemends
    so expect that chin is not gonna get a lot of credit - yet.

P.S
    JMM, MAB, valero, __?__, __?__, guzman
    is the proper order of opponents who can beat pac IMO
    the only thing that puts him in the list is that alphabelt

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Valero is not nearly the test to Pacquaio that Guzman is.

Pac would stop Valero early, Guzman would be the toughest test for Pac IMO, definitely tougher than Valero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trinidad got outboxed by Hopkins and Winky, and Mosley couldn't beat Winky and Vernon Forrest. Also MAB didn't really box Pacquaio because his slow feet didn't allow him to stay away, and Morrales didn't really box Pacquaio either they both had too much heart to just box Pacman from the outside.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan

Pac would stop Valero early, Guzman would be the toughest test for Pac IMO, definitely tougher than Valero.
    I agree, out of the 4 opponents out there Valero is the weakest right now. He's had 20 fights but he's only boxed about 28 rounds in his entire career, to put that in perspective Amir Khan has more rounds experience than he does and he's nowhere near ready to be thrown in with Casamayor yet now is he?

Pac would knock a spirited Valero out inside 6 rounds I feel if they met right now, he could knock Barrera and Marquez both out to. Something tells me though that hewon't be knocking Guzman out.

Out of the 4 I feel only Guzman has the strength, stamina and chin at this stage in his career to slug toe to toe with Pacman.

I most want to see Pac in with Barrera and Marquez though becuase these guys represent the old guard. Pacman needs to beat Barrera in order to win a title at super featherweight finally which would see the mantle fall to him.

Then he go after Marquez, Guzman and Valero in that order. That would probably take until 2008 so Valero and Guzman would both be ready then.

Some great fights out there right now for the pacman.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan

DEFINITELY agree and I'm a big V Nom fan. I'd say first in line for pAC should be MAB,then JMM,then Guzman and then Valero.

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking

I imagine he means MOsley and Trinidad could not beat a great boxer who was naturally bigger than they were?? That was my take, thought I certainly wouldn't put Guzman anywhere near HOpkins or WRights class... He could however be another Vernon Forrest, and in that sense the comparison to Mosley and Pac could be dead on. Guzman definetly has skills, and he is bigger then Pacquiao, no doubt. It could be a big upset in the making if this fight happens, at least imo. Anyways, I think Guzman is the toughest fight out there for Manny, but I can understand that a rematch with MArquez is obviously one with a little more interest at this point... As far as Barerra though, I don't see how anyone can say that rematch should happen before Pac thinks about fighting Guzman or Valero.. Pac brutally beat Barerra years ago and everyone realizes he has improved greatly since then, I don't give Barerra much chance today.. Marquez definetly should get another shot at Pacman though, that fight needs to happen.. If for whatever reason it doesn't though, Guzman is a fight I hope PAc would take..
    Why don't you think MAB should get a shot at Manny? Remember,regardless of whether anyone likes MAB or not, he was NOT himself that night,I think a rematch would be interesting but I agree,I see another Manny win...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must be one of a handful of people in the boxing community that aint sold on Guzman.

Put him in with Pacquiao & watch him get his ass handed to him.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont no man i think guzman would be a very tough nights work for pac. good chin workrate and very fast hands. im not sayin guzman would beat pac but i think he would surprise a few people if they met. and i hope they do
    Pleased to make your acquaintance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I must be one of a handful of people in the boxing community that aint sold on Guzman.

Put him in with Pacquiao & watch him get his a** handed to him.
    i'm not putting my money on it, but i'm quite sure guzman is not pac's conqueror it's Valero. Pac's going to be beat by somebody younger, bigger and stronger. Merry Christmas Wacko
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

Put him in with Pacquiao & watch him get his a** handed to him.
    I'm not sold on him either, but I would rather see Pacquiao fight him than get unwarranted acclaim by fighting way over the hill Barrera again.

Thread Information