Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Moving up a weight class

i am currently lightweight at 62kg and 6ft which is way to light for my height and i don't like being this weight anymore.

I want to shift up to middleweight at around 72-75KG.

Will I have to enrol on a weight training program as i am thinking of taking a break from Thai boxing/boxing to do weights 3-4 times a week.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Moving up a weight class

Quote Originally Posted by andysutils
    i am currently lightweight at 62kg and 6ft which is way to light for my height and i don't like being this weight anymore.

Will I have to enrol on a weight training program as i am thinking of taking a break from Thai boxing/boxing to do weights 3-4 times a week.
    To move up in a healthy way, you have to adjust your diet, your gonna have to eat more. A healthy weight gain is about .5 Kg per week, so at a good rate you will take 20 weeks to your new goal, of course weight training will aid in this. I would still do your Thai Boxing / Boxing though maybe just cut back, don't cut it out though, because if you switch to exclusively weight training you will slow down and your skills will become rusty.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep

To move up in a healthy way, you have to adjust your diet, your gonna have to eat more.
    Bingo, imo if you're 6 foot and walking around at 62kg your either young and still growing or not eating right...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB

To move up in a healthy way, you have to adjust your diet, your gonna have to eat more.
    Bingo, IMO if you're 6 foot and walking around at 62kg your either young and still growing or not eating right...
    Thanks, at last somebody agrees with me this is fundamentally wrong.

I eat more than people who are 80-90kg. i eat all day everyday and around 80% of my daily intake is healthy stuff.

I enjoy Thai boxing, but its not changing my weight and i am clearly outgunned at the gym when it comes to sparing etc so I cannot go on this way, its time for a change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whats the point in that though? I want to gain mass, not loose it.
    People who want to loose weight are no relevant to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andy
    sorry to waste your time and mine.Good luck

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andy how old are you
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    Andy how old are you
    I'm 27 years old, one problem is i have i think what you call a high metabolism but don't tend to eat half as much as use to so it may have slowed down over the years, i looked at this site and found this workout

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/work...ercount=8&s2r=

I by no means want to be a ronnie coleman or jay cutler, even moving up to 68kg would be perfect for me.

Do you think the above workout routine is adequate for me?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bingo, IMO if you're 6 foot and walking around at 62kg your either young and still growing or not eating right...

I eat more than people who are 80-90kg. i eat all day everyday and around 80% of my daily intake is healthy stuff.

I enjoy Thai boxing, but its not changing my weight and i am clearly outgunned at the gym when it comes to sparing etc so I cannot go on this way, its time for a change.
    Any idea how many Kcals? You'd be surprised how much some of us eat When I am training I sometimes eat almost 4000 Kcals in a day... :P

Dropped down quiet a bit mind, this was when I was labouring 7 hours a day on top of doing my gym work in the evenings...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any idea how many Kcals? You'd be surprised how much some of us eat When I am training I sometimes eat almost 4000 Kcals in a day... :P

Dropped down quiet a bit mind, this was when I was labouring 7 hours a day on top of doing my gym work in the evenings...
    ive no idea to be honest, i do know that most of it is high in protein though

Thread Information