Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

I agree you can't compare Rudduck to Foreman, but you can't compare Tyson in punchingpower to Briggs, Holyfield, and Morrison either. He hits way harder than any of them. Foreman was hurt by Lyle, and Tyson hits harder than him aswell... I see any Tyson before prison beating FOreman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    I agree you can't compare Rudduck to Foreman, but you can't compare Tyson in punchingpower to Briggs, Holyfield, and Morrison either. He hits way harder than any of them. Foreman was hurt by Lyle, and Tyson hits harder than him aswell... I see any Tyson before prison beating FOreman.
    i agree, but im not saying foreman could'nt do it but at that point i doubt it. Tyson was a better fighter than the one who fought holyfield cos he was still able to complete 12 hard rounds with ruddock 2 an example but when he returned from prison he could'nt. So Tyson's stamina was there and heart [again ruddock example] , his speed was there and with dedication his skills also there. Tyson would know foreman would be no push over and would likely be a late stoppage or distance fight so like ruddock he would train for a longer fight which he failed to do with all his fights from seldon onwards, he admits and rory holloway tyson trained 4 rounds for holyfield 1 and thats a mistake i dont think he would of made 91-92 before jail so i would go for tyson's power, skill and youthfulness to overcome george although it would'nt of been easy. much like the ruddock 2 fight.

El Kabong Guest

But Foreman was only ever stopped by one person.....and that would be ALI and his power wasn't all that special.

Foreman was HURT by a number of people as was Tyson....BUT you can't compare Frank Bruno's punching power with that of George Foreman's!!!

Simple facts are that Tyson wouldn't stop George and Foreman would take Tyson DEEP into the fight therefore Tyson either wins a decision or gets KO'd!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson feared no one.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson's such a headcase, anything is possible. I've read this before, when I first came to the forum, its a great story, who doesn't want to believe, that former baddest man on the planet turned nice guy, Big George scared the hell outta a young, brash, crazy, Mike Tyson. I don't really know what to believe. But, I know this, Foreman has never had any fear of Mike Tyson. Foreman got up from knockdowns to win, Foreman ducked no one. And below his salesman image that he has crafted, is still the guy who came from the projects of Houston Texas, who destroyed Kenny Norton, Fraizer, and a host of others unlucky enuff to meet up with him in his prime.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It sounds cheesy but Mike "was" the epitome of a fighter.

He wanted to prove himself and had such a high self belief in his ability he had no problem running through all challengers wiping out a division.

No one else has done so since.

Even after Douglas he had no problems getting in with the divisions new threat Rudduck.

People want to see Mike again or a new Mike but its not just Mike or his exciting style they miss, its the fact that he fought often and everyone, all title holders and all challengers, who does that now, the division is boring because people are so afraid to have a loss on their record but Briggs, Maskaev and Klitschko are proof that there is life in a career after a loss.

Who cares if someone is undefeated as long as good entertaining fights are made

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Foreman admitted many times that he was scared shitless of ken norton. It seems every boxer george feared, he kicked the shit out of them. He said he didn't fear ali and he got ko'd. Go figure.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sexydarin
    Foreman admitted many times that he was scared shitless of ken norton. It seems every boxer george feared, he kicked the shit out of them. He said he didn't fear ali and he got ko'd. Go figure.
    George says that now, to be respectul. I dont really believe it too much myself.
    And Ross, I was born in 87, so I missed out on most of the Tyson era, sure I've seen damn near all the fights over and over again on ESPN, and I know he took on all comers back then. But really who was Razor Rudduck, I 've heard good things and bad things about him. But was there a lot of hype behind him leading up to his fights with Tyson? Was he bein called the next Tyson? Or expected to beat Mike?
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cheers I wrote that

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ross
    It sounds cheesy but Mike "was" the epitome of a fighter.

He wanted to prove himself and had such a high self belief in his ability he had no problem running through all challengers wiping out a division.

No one else has done so since.

Even after Douglas he had no problems getting in with the divisions new threat Rudduck.

People want to see Mike again or a new Mike but its not just Mike or his exciting style they miss, its the fact that he fought often and everyone, all title holders and all challengers, who does that now, the division is boring because people are so afraid to have a loss on their record but Briggs, Maskaev and Klitschko are proof that there is life in a career after a loss.

Who cares if someone is undefeated as long as good entertaining fights are made
    Rudduck was a SLUGGER and not a BOXER

Now I know Foreman was a slugger but in actuality he was THE SLUGGER and if anyone EVER IN THE HISTORY OF BOXING wanted to stand toe to toe with him they were dead in the water!!!

Foreman ducked one guy and really can't shame him for that because that guy was Earnie "The Acorn" Shavers and he mainly dodged him in his comeback.

Mike Tyson was good he just wasn't as good as George old or not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if u seen tyson as a young focused fighter than you know he would tear foreman into peices ...... amean spinks was nutin like foreman but he was one of those suposidly great fighters that couldve stopped tyson .... and look wat happened

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by the phenom
    if u seen tyson as a young focused fighter than you know he would tear foreman into peices ...... amean spinks was nutin like foreman but he was one of those suposidly great fighters that couldve stopped tyson .... and look wat happened
    yes but he was natural light heavy weight and only got the title getting two gift decisions against older shot larry holmes plus he had already lost the fight before the fight started because he was shit scared

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by the phenom
    yes but he was natural light heavy weight and only got the title getting two gift decisions against older shot larry holmes plus he had already lost the fight before the fight started because he was S*** scared
    i dont know if u no but he knocked holmes the fuck out and made a joke of berbick and killed michael spinks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont know if they story of Tyson being scared of Foreman is true or not.I have read it on here before.

But if they had fought in the early 90's I think Tyson would have given George a bad beating.

Foreman's head did not move a bit and would be an easy target for Tysons fast hands.Late stoppage win or points for Tyson.

By the way I am a big fan of Foreman and dont rate Tyson as highly as most on this site but thats the way I would see this fight going.
    Balls

Thread Information