Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara
    I dont know if they story of Tyson being scared of Foreman is true or not.I have read it on here before.

But if they had fought in the early 90's I think Tyson would have given George a bad beating.

Foreman's head did not move a bit and would be an easy target for Tysons fast hands.Late stoppage win or points for Tyson.

By the way I am a big fan of Foreman and dont rate Tyson as highly as most on this site but thats the way I would see this fight going.
    I know you are not Tysons biggest fan and thats why im impressed with that posting! Very well said

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by the phenom
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    if u seen tyson as a young focused fighter than you know he would tear foreman into peices ...... amean spinks was nutin like foreman but he was one of those suposidly great fighters that couldve stopped tyson .... and look wat happened
    yes but he was natural light heavy weight and only got the title getting two gift decisions against older shot larry holmes plus he had already lost the fight before the fight started because he was S*** scared
    i dont know if u no but he knocked holmes the F*** out and made a joke of berbick and killed michael spinks
    berbick had been koed before in 1 round holmes was shot when he fought tyson and still done well before getting caught a spinks was shit scared but i was impressed with spinks demolition thought not taking anything away from tyson but spinks was shitting himself he lost fight mentally before the fight started

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if u seen tyson as a young focused fighter than you know he would tear foreman into peices ...... amean spinks was nutin like foreman but he was one of those suposidly great fighters that couldve stopped tyson .... and look wat happened
    yes but he was natural light heavy weight and only got the title getting two gift decisions against older shot larry holmes plus he had already lost the fight before the fight started because he was S*** scared
    i dont know if u no but he knocked holmes the F*** out and made a joke of berbick and killed michael spinks
    berbick had been koed before in 1 round holmes was shot when he fought tyson and still done well before getting caught a spinks was S*** scared but i was impressed with spinks demolition thought not taking anything away from tyson but spinks was shitting himself he lost fight mentally before the fight started

ill agree with all that and yeah he was scared but who wasnt before the 90s

ICB Guest

berbick had been koed before in 1 round holmes was shot when he fought tyson and still done well before getting caught a spinks was S*** scared but i was impressed with spinks demolition thought not taking anything away from tyson but spinks was shitting himself he lost fight mentally before the fight started

i agree mate im just saying he was shit scared and mentally tyson already beat him and thats strong weapon to have in boxing if you can make people mentally scared before the fight and tyson had that weapon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i agree mate im just saying he was S*** scared and mentally tyson already beat him and thats strong weapon to have in boxing if you can make people mentally scared before the fight and tyson had that weapon

yeah he defintly had fear factor on almost all his opponents..... matter fact i got an idea they should make a fear factor episode and final challange should be to fight mike tyson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    I dont know if they story of Tyson being scared of Foreman is true or not.I have read it on here before.

But if they had fought in the early 90's I think Tyson would have given George a bad beating.

Foreman's head did not move a bit and would be an easy target for Tysons fast hands.Late stoppage win or points for Tyson.

By the way I am a big fan of Foreman and dont rate Tyson as highly as most on this site but thats the way I would see this fight going.
    I know you are not Tysons biggest fan and thats why im impressed with that posting! Very well said
    An old adversery.

Have 1 back.CC
    Balls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

100% agree mate, in the early 90's he was just amazing. I don't care what heavyweight you put in front of Tyson from any era, it was extremely hard to form any sort of defence againsed his style let alone fire back at him. Tysons power was enough to KO any boxer in history IF it landed right and a prime Tyson landed often, very often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm the last person to jump into Tyson's corner for defense...but I just can't fathom the concept of him being afraid of Foreman.

I mean...if he said it...he said it...& I guess he meant it...he'd know his limits better than me...but stylistically...I think that it'd be a win for Tyson...maybe not an easy win...but a win all the same.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i agree, if alex stewart could give george foreman all he could handle and morrison tyson would do the same.
    i think there must be a few younger people here cos the only seem to comment on tyson heart etc......he would slowly break down etc.....before his prison term he showed again douglas which he took a severe beating and his two very hard fights with the big hitting ruddock he had loads of heart so i honestly think the foreman fights would pan out much like the ruddock fights, late stoopage or decision but with mike tyson the winner. People seem to forget Tyson could go 12 before his conviction it was afterwards he seemed to lack stamina. And he went 12 with hard hitters too like a decision over bonecrusher, ruddock and he got wobbled slightly by tucker in the 1st round but came back strong. He got hit with solid uppercuts by ruddock who has unbelievable power but took em and dished his own out before taking another decision.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tubbc

i agree, if alex stewart could give george foreman all he could handle and morrison tyson would do the same.
    i think there must be a few younger people here cos the only seem to comment on tyson heart etc......he would slowly break down etc.....before his prison term he showed again douglas which he took a severe beating and his two very hard fights with the big hitting ruddock he had loads of heart so i honestly think the foreman fights would pan out much like the ruddock fights, late stoopage or decision but with mike tyson the winner. People seem to forget Tyson could go 12 before his conviction it was afterwards he seemed to lack stamina. And he went 12 with hard hitters too like a decision over bonecrusher, ruddock and he got wobbled slightly by tucker in the 1st round but came back strong. He got hit with solid uppercuts by ruddock who has unbelievable power but took em and dished his own out before taking another decision.
    agree with most of that and yes bonecrusher was hard hitter but he didnt fight until 10 seconds left in the fight ruddock had hard punch but he didnt have no headmovement and lazy offense tucker won 4 rounds just a shame he hurt his right hand in training but i do agree tyson in 80s was great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

anyone who wants to see ruddocks power check this out you may have a bit more respect for tyson cos at the time ruddock was being ducked by just about everyone. Holyfield and bowe apparently took other fights when ruddock team tried to push for one and tyson took up the challenge when ruddock was at his best and when he had all the hype so he deserves respect for stepping up the the plate.
    the ruddock who fought lewis and morrison etc... was a shadow of himself, he would of destroyed morrison and given lewis much more trouble. anyways check this out -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNo8nXD3xoc

ICB Guest

anyone who wants to see ruddocks power check this out you may have a bit more respect for tyson cos at the time ruddock was being ducked by just about everyone. Holyfield and bowe apparently took other fights when ruddock team tried to push for one and tyson took up the challenge when ruddock was at his best and when he had all the hype so he deserves respect for stepping up the the plate.
    the ruddock who fought lewis and morrison etc... was a shadow of himself, he would of destroyed morrison and given lewis much more trouble. anyways check this out -

mate ive seen that and bonecrusher vs ruddock both of his fights with tyson and his fights with lewis and morrison and i even got sparring footage of him and larry holmes im not saying he didnt have good power he had very good power but he had lazy offense and no headmovement that was the problem and he never used a jab and he should of because he had long reach and was big fella

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mate ive seen that and bonecrusher vs ruddock both of his fights with tyson and his fights with lewis and morrison and i even got sparring footage of him and larry holmes im not saying he didnt have good power he had very good power but he had lazy offense and no headmovement that was the problem and he never used a jab and he should of because he had long reach and was big fella
    i agree he should of used his jab more and would of been a great fighter had he used it more, funny though in his early fights he did use it more and right hands. on his fights with lewis and morrison he was past it or sliding when he fought both. IMHO he was done after thoughs 19 round wars with tyson which he absorbed alot of punishment plus he earned big big money. I never take the ruddock - lewis or morrison fights as true ruddock cos it were'nt. he should'nt of even been stopped v morrison as ruddock has always been hurt like that and comeback cos he was strating to give morrison a beating and that was an older, slower heavier ruddock. prime ruddock 3-5 rounds tops ko's morrison and gives lewis a much harder fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=miles ]

Good call mate, it would have been like shooting fish in a barrel for a young tyson. See what ron lyle did to george then add 20% more punching power/much better combos + speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frazier to this day thinks Foreman would have "whupped" Tyson.

I'd have to agree. Foreman by KO. And "if Tyson fought smart"

... yo ... Tyson don't fight smart. heh

Thread Information