3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ****Lidell vs Ortiz *****SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!!****

Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash
    Quote Originally Posted by ross
    Havent watched this yet but let me guess a basic striker put the mma guy under pressure and the mma guy folded and took on the featal position not moving or holding or firing back

Awesome

Great spectacle for the fans

Such talented "fighters"

interesting and partly agreed. all through the ppv event I was amazed at how poorly guys were "boxing". MMA guys are starting to realize the true value of boxing, and all tout how much their "boxing" has "improved"...they seem to shadow box ok, work the mitts pretty good, but then when it comes time to dance, they suck. It's nothing but a crappy bar brawl with ugly punching. Many people scoff at what I have to say, but even Chuck would get absolutely killed by a top boxer. Notice how I said TOP boxer...not some journeyman chump who gets $400 per fight. Chuck's ONLY chance would be to take him down which, IMO, is far easier said than down since boxers are so light and quick on their feet. Plus, the boxer would out-fight making all other MMA tactics tougher to execute. The only guys who can truly take a boxer are kickboxers, IMO. All others would have an EXTREMELY difficult time getting their hands on the boxer and would eat punch after punch trying.

Chuck, for being such a talented "striker" was awful too. No jab, no movement, low hands, etc. All mma guys go for the one punch firecracker. It doesn't work that way. Chuck is just fortunate he throws his right a bit harder than everyone else at LHW. Tim Sylvia and Mirko Crocop are the only guys who have decent boxing ability in mma. Fedor is effective b/c he's brutally strong, but a guy like Lennox Lewis would rearrange his face if it didn't go to the ground. And going to the ground wouldn't be a foregone conclusions since LL could be taught to sprawl, and is himself strong as an ox.

I wanna see Hughes and Jermaine Taylor. JT KILLS matt, IMO.
    was it you that used to have the little green monster looking thing as the avatar logo?

that thing was the shit, it reminded me of that stupid ass huculoids cartoon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Samson3000
    Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Is there a chance of Chuck Lidell vs. Mirko Cro Cop coming off?
    I know Lidell fights at Light Heavy. but not sure at what division MCC fights at.

Liddell wouldnt get by Silva or Jackson and Cro Cop would knock him our brutally. Unless Chuck got to his beard.
    I can understand you being bitter seeing as you have no life, but please stop taking it out on the fighter who once again made you look like an ass. Seriously, your embarrassing yourself.
    Can you find me an MMA fan that honestly thinks Chuck could beat Cro Cop? Love chuck or hate him Cro Cop would dismantle him. And thats not a haters perspective, its common sense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sal, yes, I had the green guy and then mr peanut. variety is the spice of life though!

I'm not trying to stick my nose into someone esle's argument, but as I said before, Chuck and Crocop is a mismatch... CC would beat Chuck...maybe not DESTROY him, but it pro'bly wouldn't be close at all. CC is a true HW and far stronger than chuck, not to mention a better boxer/kickboxer. Having said that, with 4oz gloves Chuck still hits hard enough to have a punchers chance, but that's about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

is Ortiz British? my pal Lee Murray is out of action for a while at hms but i dont follow the mma too much

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash
    Sal, yes, I had the green guy and then mr peanut. variety is the spice of life though!

I'm not trying to stick my nose into someone esle's argument, but as I said before, Chuck and Crocop is a mismatch... CC would beat Chuck...maybe not DESTROY him, but it pro'bly wouldn't be close at all. CC is a true HW and far stronger than chuck, not to mention a better boxer/kickboxer. Having said that, with 4oz gloves Chuck still hits hard enough to have a punchers chance, but that's about it.
    So Cro Cop is a Heavyweight?
    Nah! then they shouldn't fight total mismatch....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Samson3000
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Is there a chance of Chuck Lidell vs. Mirko Cro Cop coming off?
    I know Lidell fights at Light Heavy. but not sure at what division MCC fights at.

Liddell wouldnt get by Silva or Jackson and Cro Cop would knock him our brutally. Unless Chuck got to his beard.
    I can understand you being bitter seeing as you have no life, but please stop taking it out on the fighter who once again made you look like an a**. Seriously, your embarrassing yourself.
    Can you find me an MMA fan that honestly thinks Chuck could beat Cro Cop? Love chuck or hate him Cro Cop would dismantle him. And thats not a haters perspective, its common sense
    Have to agree on that 100%. Although Cro cop is heavier lets say for arguments sake he was at 205 with the exact same skills liddel would get brutally knocked out. Cro cop is probably the best striker the MMA worl has ever seen. Bar none.

Adding to this the heavyweight title is more or less his already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Cro cop is probably the best striker the MMA worl has ever seen. Bar none."

I'd agree with this. I hate to beat the dead pony, but he's more of a western boxer/kickboxer that anything esle and he executes it well. IMO, boxing and judo are the only two worth knowing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For the record, Cro Cop is an EXTREMELY tiny heavyweight and always has been. People have called for him to cut weight and fight at 205 (like he did when he first entered K1). However, Cro Cop has said himself that he hates cutting weight, and won't move down to fight (not that he really needs to...he's dominant enough at HW...imagine the havoc he'd wreak against smaller opponents?).

Oh yeah...also, he walks AND fights at about 215 on average. So he'd only be cutting 10lbs to make weight (VERY EASILY doable). He just doesn't want to.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And agreed on his being the greatest striker in the game EVER. He's basically a boxer who can kick your head off at any given second. His punches are so sharp, crisp, and precise and pack a hell of a whallop. His takedown defense is second to none. His only POSSIBLE chink in his armor is a possibly weak chin (demonstrated vs McDonald in K1 and Randleman in Pride), although I personally believe it just goes to prove that any given punch can drop any given opponent at any time. Hence the "Puncher's Chance"
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that's true, but even guys like Tyson and Holyfield only fought at 215-220. Bigger than that isn't neccessarily better. A bit apples and oranges, but when you're that heavy and hit that hard, one punch will easily do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Randleman can go and fight Cro Cop when he already fought Liddell at 205 then Liddell can add and go up and fight Cro Cop and vice versa for Cro Cop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Highly doubtful that Cro Cop would cut weight to fight in the LHW division given its relative strength in the UFC and the new addition of Rampage. He was clearly brought on board to add to the HW division that has no one of note after Sylvia, Vera and Arlovski. Also, don't be surprised if any of those 3 guys give Cro Cop a run for his money. I think he's better than each of them, but they won't be walks in the park.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vera is good all around, but nothing terribly spectacular. Arlovski is a glass cannon. Sylvia is easily the best HW in the UFC, in my opinion. He uses his reach EXTREMELY well, and has great takedown defense.

I honestly think that Sylvia is the only person with a chance of beating CC, and I think a much better chance than most would believe (but still not enough that I'd bet the house...maybe just the wife).

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross
    Havent watched this yet but let me guess a basic striker put the mma guy under pressure and the mma guy folded and took on the featal position not moving or holding or firing back

Awesome

Great spectacle for the fans

Such talented "fighters"

Just watched it and I was spot on, never mind eh

Thread Information