Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton: "I Hope Mayweather Beats De La Hoya"

fair play sweet pea Corrales would be a danger but i feel Hatton would get to that big skinny body and break him up with his body shots. On form Hatton takes him out in a close fight that would have a lot of drama with a late stoppage
    for the Hitman. Hatton hits with a nice bit of power at 140lbs and if he recovers the desire of the Tzyu fight he will be hard for any man to live with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Why shouldnt he have an opinion on it? Your aloud one.

He came very very close to fighting DLH and could still possibly fight PBF. I care what he thinks about the fight.
    When did Hatton come very close to fighting DLH?
    Just because he said "I'll fight DLH" doesn't mean it was even remotely close to happening.
    DLH's interest in fighting Hatton is less than zero.
    Actually...the fight was mentioned & from what I understand they were negotiating. In the end, Oscar used his head as usual. He stuck it out for Floyd instead...but more so Oscar was previously interested in signing Hatton...that could have been another factor in pulling the plug.

In Memp's defense...& no offense to either Lyle or SweetPea...I wouldn't say that Oscar's interest in fighting Hatton is less than zero...it's just Floyd is more established, proven, & in the end equates to more zero's.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Yeah and I think Ricky may rue the fact he did not fight Floyd when he had the chance,does anyone still think this fight will come off??
    The rumours that Hatton was offered Mayweather are completly unfounded as far as I'm concerned.
    Hatton specifically stated that he was not ready for Mayweather...that he would need a few more fights & that then it could be a mega event...but he clearly did state it...this was I believe right after the fight that Sharmba fought on the undercard @ the MEN a bit back.

I'll go back through my discs & hunt it down.

He said it. I remember because it made me respect him a bit more...he seemed to know his limits.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everytime Floyd is going to fight I hear people saying how so and so is gonna work Floyds body or so and so has too much power or its gonna be his toughest fight...and then Floyd (with the exception of Castillo) thoroughly dominates them, and then there's the ole he was a shot fighter or he was not experienced enough or there was too many distractions during camp etc...soooo i'm going out on a limb here....Floyds gonna thoroughly dominate ODH and every ones gonna say how Oscar had ring rust and was past his prime and blah blah blah....! I just hope it is a great match and that Oscar does push floyd to his limits and win or lose we see an awsome fight like Mosely/ Delahoya 1

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why shouldnt he have an opinion on it? Your aloud one.

He came very very close to fighting DLH and could still possibly fight PBF. I care what he thinks about the fight.
    When did Hatton come very close to fighting DLH?
    Just because he said "I'll fight DLH" doesn't mean it was even remotely close to happening.
    DLH's interest in fighting Hatton is less than zero.
    You couldnt be more wrong.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You couldnt be more wrong.
    It's fine to disagree with me, but if you're going to tell me I couldn't be more wrong, how about giving me some examples of why I'm wrong?
    DLH took a comeback/warmup fight with Mayorga, and since that point he's stated a million times that there are very few fighters that can get him emotionally up for training anymore. In other words, DLH at this point only wants to fight guys that would further his legacy. Exactly why would beating Ricky Hatton mean anything to him? Hatton has one notable win on his resume and at this point he has not proven to be a viable fighter above 140 pounds. What would Oscar prove by beating Hatton? The only guys on Oscar's radar screen right now have the last names Mayweather, Trinidad, and Wright.

El Kabong Guest

Memphis let's just simplify this for you....Hatton has always fought at 140 he tried to move up he didn't do very well, and he moved back to 140.

Oscar De la Hoya hasn't fought at 147 in just over 5 years and he barely makes 154 now'a'days

That being covered a De la Hoya-Hatton fight wouldn't happen at 140 where Hatton is because Oscar can't make that weight. The fight won't happen at 147 because Hatton doesn't do well there and Oscar can't make that weight. This just leaves us 154, this is where Ricky has never fought and if Ricky isn't comfortable vs a Luis Collazo at 147 then fighting an all-time great a weight class above that doesn't make much sense now does it?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You couldn't be more wrong.
    It's fine to disagree with me, but if you're going to tell me I couldn't be more wrong, how about giving me some examples of why I'm wrong?
    Hatton came very close to fighting DLH, that is a fact. Not a lot of people were aware of it but if your not convinced ask the guy who runs this place

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Hatton has always fought at 140 he tried to move up he didn't do very well, and he moved back to 140.
    Thanks for pointing that out Lyle.

Oscar De la Hoya hasn't fought at 147 in just over 5 years and he barely makes 154 now'a'days
    Really, what makes you say that?

That being covered a De la Hoya-Hatton fight wouldn't happen at 140 where Hatton is because Oscar can't make that weight. The fight won't happen at 147 because Hatton doesn't do well there and Oscar can't make that weight. This just leaves us 154, this is where Ricky has never fought and if Ricky isn't comfortable vs a Luis Collazo at 147 then fighting an all-time great a weight class above that doesn't make much sense now does it?
    I'm not sure of the details in the proposed fight between Hatton and DLH but I'm just as sure that Hatton wouldn't have jumped up two weight classes as I am of Oscar not dropping two. Everybody knows that Hatton struggled in his fight with Collazo. Most people know the reasons for him fighting at welterweight in the first place and use a bit of common sense when assessing his performance. Some people ignore it as it is easier to use the Collazo fight a a stick to beat him with.

Who knows what kind of welterweight Hatton will make in a couple of fights time. All we can go on is what we know and that is Hatton BEAT Collazo at late notice and with less that ideal preparation. I'm not ready to condemn him at the weight just yet.

When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

The reason for him moving up to 147 was simple, he was chasing PBF....never said he wasn't chasing the guy. PBF just gained more momentum for not fighting him by Ricky having so much trouble with Collazo.

I never saw a Hatton-De la Hoya fight materializing before or after the Collazo fight.

I'm not trying to diss Hatton, I was just saying he doesn't seem to be in a position to fight either fighter after this fight happens and therefore his opinion on this fight means about as much as yours or mine and a big deal shouldn't be made out of it.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The reason for him moving up to 147 was simple, he was chasing PBF
    He fought Collazo because there was nothing else available and a TV slot had to be filled. There was someone else on the cards (Lazcano I think but he bashed his hand up) at 140 but when that fell through he went up to fight Collazo.

Of course he was and still is chasing Floyd (probably in vain) Thats not in dipute.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jeez Lyle !

For someone who frequents these boards so often you are thick as pig shiit !

Memphis is clearly clearly owning your drivel with hard cold stainless-steel facts

The main man SADDO himself announced he knew that Hatton had opened talks about a De la Hoya showdown - he commented on the fact that he couldn't mention anything on the forum and he was bursting to let the cat out the bag.

Its common fact, De La Hoya is a welterweight who enjoys the weight flexibility of light-middle - when he fought at middle he demanded a 156 ceiling on B-hops weight !

Hatton would beat Oscar every day of the week and twice on sunday - Oscar would only be a threat for the first 3 rounds before Hatton's engine left a tired-out Oscar for dead.

Hatton would have had the benefit of a full camp and incentivisation to see him to victory.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton: "I hope Mayweather beats De La Hoya"
    TitoFan: "Couldn't have said it better myself, Ricky"

Howe-e-e-e-e-e-e-ev-v-v-v-ver.........
    Gotta hand it to ol' Oscar. The man ain't anything if not wise and savvy. He chooses an opponent who is unlikely to knock him out... he sets the weight at 154 (making it MORE unlikely that Floyd could pull of a KO)... and manages to plan a fight with a "win-win" scenario.

Lose, and you've lost to the consensus p4p champion in current times. No shame in that. Most people expect Oscar to lose. Win, and you've cemented your CAREFULLY groomed legacy as one of the greatest of all time. Oh Oscar, Oscar, Oscar... you sly dog, you.

After this, Oscar rides off into the sunset... pretty face intact, with a multi-million contract to do color commentary with HBO and the added bonus of having Merchant drop to his knees and service his manhood at the slightest nod from Oscar's golden head.

HA!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CityOfGod
    Jeez Lyle !

Memphis is clearly clearly owning your drivel with hard cold stainless-steel facts

The main man SADDO himself announced he knew that Hatton had opened talks about a De la Hoya showdown - he commented on the fact that he couldn't mention anything on the forum and he was bursting to let the cat out the bag.

Its common fact, De La Hoya is a welterweight who enjoys the weight flexibility of light-middle - when he fought at middle he demanded a 156 ceiling on B-hops weight !

Hatton would beat Oscar every day of the week and twice on sunday - Oscar would only be a threat for the first 3 rounds before Hatton's engine left a tired-out Oscar for dead.

Hatton would have had the benefit of a full camp and incentivisation to see him to victory.

Sorry, whoever you are, but the only thing apparent here is how tight your grip on Ricky Hatton's nutz are; extremely. A fight with Oscar and Hatton was not only never discussed, but also of no interest to Oscar, as he only had interest in fighting opponents who the public wanted to see him in the ring against, particularly the American public, who in case you weren't made aware, 90% of which still don't have a clue who the hell Hatton even is. A fight between Oscar and Hatton never came close to happening and no, there was never any serious discussion either. I don't care what anyone on this board says. Don't be so gullible that you believe everything you read.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CityOfGod
    Jeez Lyle !

Tell me that's sarcasm....because it's either sarcasm or you MUST be shrooming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why didnt he call floyd out before floyd said he was retiring

Thread Information