Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hatton: "I Hope Mayweather Beats De La Hoya"

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Hatton: "I Hope Mayweather Beats De La Hoya"

Quote Originally Posted by the phenom
    why didnt he call floyd out before floyd said he was retiring
    He did...where the hell have you been?

ESPN Friday Night Fights, Hatton said the fight he wanted was with Mayweather ......since the Collazo fight I believe his opinion has changed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Quote Originally Posted by the phenom
    why didnt he call floyd out before floyd said he was retiring
    He did...where the hell have you been?

ESPN Friday Night Fights, Hatton said the fight he wanted was with Mayweather ......since the Collazo fight I believe his opinion has changed
    well i have been watching and it seems wen mayweather asked him to fight lil hatton didnt say a word or else the fight wouldve been done already

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmanoutofshape
    at 140lbs Hatton is unbeatle in my humble opinion. Was found wanting at slightly higher weight.Had a lot of scenes goiing on in the background though with change of promotion though which cant be over looked.You dont destroy a legend like Tsyzu unless you are equipped to rule this weight. Collazo was highly underrated as well so lets wait before the next fight to see if Hatton is back to his marauding best.
    Hatton has every right to consider himself "the man to beat" at 140, but in no way, shape, or form is he "unbeatable."
    Yes he beat Tszyu, but Tszyu was nearly 36 years old and had fought once in 2.5 years. There are other quality junior welterweights, and now talented lightweights like Jose Luis Castillo and Diego Corrales are being added to the mix. Corrales would enjoy a 5 inch height and reach advantage over Hatton and could give him all types of problems.
    I think Corrales is tailor made for Hatton.. Diego come to fight inside, negating any reach advantage. and I don't think the Corrales chin can with stand that Hatton onslaught. Hatton can crack that whip and never takes his foot off the gas.. he would just overwhlem Diego at this stage.

El Kabong Guest

Mayweather NEVER wanted to fight Hatton.....EVER

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    I think Corrales is tailor made for Hatton.. Diego come to fight inside, negating any reach advantage. and I don't think the Corrales chin can with stand that Hatton onslaught. Hatton can crack that whip and never takes his foot off the gas.. he would just overwhlem Diego at this stage.
    Agreed 100%

Diego enjoyed a height and reach advantage on EVERYONE at 135 but he got whipped by Castillo, Casamayor, and Mayweather

He's tall but never fights on the outside....which is a damn shame because if he did he could be REALLY good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    Ricky would take the fight at 147 or 154 against mayweather simply because he'd still probably be the bigger man. Going up to 154 against mayweather wouldn't be a problem.
    I don't think Hatton is the bigger man. Look at their tale of the tape measurements, and they're equal almost across the board. However, Mayweather does have a seven inch reach advantage. So they're physically the same size, except Mayweather has a huge reach advantage, and then you factor in the enormous gap in hand/foot speed.
    It all adds up to a wipeout victory for Mayweather.
    Mayweather has enjoyed a reach advantage over every opponent he has faced. and a ring size advantage 24- 26 foot. If you give Mayweather that kind of real estate to work with then he is going to make anyone look like a club fighter. Gotta shorten that ring size to 16 -18 foot and then ole Floyd would have his work cut out vs Hatton . The key is to get Mayweather in a standard size ring ,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Diego enjoyed a height and reach advantage on EVERYONE at 135 but he got whipped by Castillo, Casamayor, and Mayweather

He's tall but never fights on the outside....which is a damn shame because if he did he could be REALLY good
    First, it's not true that he never fights on the outside. Watch the second Casamayor fight. He fought the whole fight on the outside in a boxing stance and thoroughly dominated Casamayor as a result.

As for the opponents who "whipped" him.....
    Mayweather whips everyone, he didn't whip Corrales because Diego refused to use his reach or fought a dumb fight. Corrales got whipped by Mayweather because Mayweather is the best fighter on the planet.
    Corrales won the first Castillo fight and lost the second, when everyone acknowledges that Castillo had a huge unfair advantage by not making weight.

Corrales lost the first Casamayor fight because of a gigantic gash to his lip, not because he got KO'd. He dominated the second fight as I've already mentioned, and lost the third narrowly. Moving up to 140 removes much of the struggles that he's had with making weight. Corrales has always been an above average puncher and he would certainly be a dangerous opponent for Hatton.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanhatton
    hatton at 154 are u guys joking ? he struggled at 147 in his autobiography he says he struggled with the size and power of collazo who wasnt a big puncher at welterweight so he defiantly struggled at 154 maybe at tht weight floyd would be a little slower but i cant see ricky doing well at 154 his short doesnt have much of a reach and so shud stay at 140
    It doesn't matter what weight he is against floyd. Wether its at 140 or even 154, floyd's arms won't magically grow longer so reach wouldn't be anymore of a problem. Likewise floyd will not grow taller so Hatton being short won't matter.

However Hatton will struggle to put on 14lbs of lean muscle to get to 154.

Hatton is naturally quite a bit bigger and thicker set then Mayweather and don't forget Collazo was a fully blown welter. Floyd isn't. Could be interesting.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Thread Information