Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hatton: "I Hope Mayweather Beats De La Hoya"

He wants PBF to win so that his fight (if it ever happens with Floyd)will be even bigger. He names Castillo,Corrales as possible opponents and said he would fight Witter too if there was a big enough demand. He says you did not see the best of Hatton v Collazo,there was alot of distractions such as change of date for the fight,change of venue,legal issues with Warren but he assures us that he'll be back to his best v Urango.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton: "I Hope Mayweather Beats De La Hoya"

I think PBF has every chance of putting on a boxing clinic against Oscar. It will be nearly a year of inactivity for Oscar after beating Mayorga which was preceded by another spell of inactivity. PBF is the wrong person to fight with a lot of ringrust....

If Hatton is still looking at a potential PBF bout he is clutching at straws at this point. Hatton is at 140 and PBF is going up to 154. If successful I doubt Floyd retires, and so Hatton will have to venture up again...will he do it? Im not so sure...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    If Hatton is still looking at a potential PBF bout he is clutching at straws at this point. Hatton is at 140 and PBF is going up to 154. If successful I doubt Floyd retires, and so Hatton will have to venture up again...will he do it? Im not so sure...
    I would expect Floyd to drop back down to 147 after the DLH fight. It's a more natural weight for him and there are more big name/big $$$ opponents at 147 than 154.

Hatton is just talking a good game here. Floyd would absolutely destroy him. I doubt Hatton really wants any part of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're right sweet pea Hatton is only talking out of his ass he wants nothing to do with Floyd, he would be totally outclassed. Hatton would look like a club fighter against floyd imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky would take the fight at 147 or 154 against mayweather simply because he'd still probably be the bigger man. Going up to 154 against mayweather wouldn't be a problem.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    Ricky would take the fight at 147 or 154 against mayweather simply because he'd still probably be the bigger man. Going up to 154 against mayweather wouldn't be a problem.
    Yeah, Ricky would jump to 154 for Floyd. But I don't see Floyd staying at 154, the fight would happen at 147. This fight could have been made after Hatton beat Collazo and Floyd beat Judah, but Floyd was chasing Oscar, and Hatton wanted to go back down to 140 for some reason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hatton at 154 are u guys joking ? he struggled at 147 in his autobiography he says he struggled with the size and power of collazo who wasnt a big puncher at welterweight so he defiantly struggled at 154 maybe at tht weight floyd would be a little slower but i cant see ricky doing well at 154 his short doesnt have much of a reach and so shud stay at 140

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsexy
    You're right sweet pea Hatton is only talking out of his a** he wants nothing to do with Floyd, he would be totally outclassed. Hatton would look like a club fighter against floyd imo.

im not saying hattn would beat floyd, but look like a club fighter? hahahahaha this is a guy who made tzyu quit, a 2 weight champion, and you think floyd could make him look like a club fighter? lmfao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Preme i absolutely think so Floyd is that far ahead of him at the last weights they fought at 147. Hatton looked like crap in his fight. I dont ever see them fighting at 140 no way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    I don't think Hatton is the bigger man. Look at their tale of the tape measurements, and they're equal almost across the board. However, Mayweather does have a seven inch reach advantage. So they're physically the same size, except Mayweather has a huge reach advantage, and then you factor in the enormous gap in hand/foot speed.
    It all adds up to a wipeout victory for Mayweather.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

floyd fought sharmb mitchell at welter for his first bout a washed up has been who was made for floyd were as hatton took a hard fight in collazo a tall, rangy southpaw and also lets not forget world champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    im not saying hattn would beat floyd, but look like a club fighter? hahahahaha this is a guy who made tzyu quit, a 2 weight champion, and you think floyd could make him look like a club fighter? lmfao
    I don't think it's that crazy for him to say Mayweather would make Hatton look like a club fighter. Tszyu was a great champion, but he was almost 36 years old when he fought Hatton, and he had only fought once in the past 2.5 years. People say De La Hoya is old and inactive, but nowhere near as much as Tszyu in either case.
    If Gatti lasted 6 lopsided rounds against Floyd, then I see a Hatton fight going 8 or 9 lopsided rounds. I don't think there's one element of boxing that Floyd doesn't do twice as well as Hatton.

EDIT: Actually, when Floyd-DLH finally happens, DLH will have only had one fight in about 2.5 years, so in that case it's similar, but DLH is younger and fresher than Tszyu, that point still stands.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And Hatton thinks hes gonna make PBF come all the way down from 154 to fight him at 140?

He must be joking..... If PBF does that he would be giving Hatton the advantage.

Now Hatton want's to fight PBF now that hes tooken his ass as far up in weight as he could, if PBF declines then Hatton and his supporting cast will say that PBF is scared of him. Mark my words people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Floyd will stay at 154 after the fight,the guys are too big,they hit too hard. I guess no one is paying attention to his pussy like crying after the Baldo fight where he said he was retiring!!

I'd still like to see Floyd Hatton,even though Floyd would be favourite,to say he would make Hatton look like a club fighter is wishful thinking.Hatton isn't a Baldo,or a weak minded Judah or a an old SHarmba,he's young,hungry,and has ALOT of pressure. Floyd is still favourite but it would be a good fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is one humorous thread.
    "et ignotas animum dimittit in artes naturamque nouat" Ovid's Metamorphoses

Hidden Content

Thread Information