Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather moving up weight

If Mayweather beats De La Hoya do you think he will fight Jermaine Taylor ? Personally I think this would be a cracking fight as I really rate Taylor. If this was to happen what are your thoughts on this matchup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather moving up weight

The chances of this are less than zero.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You just know that its on Mayweather mind. Not Taylor but a middleweight title. If Taylor were to get upset by a smaller guy you just know Floyd would be there like a rat up a drainpipe.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    The chances of this are less than zero.
    I agree, I even think the fight with Wright is far fetch but that has a better chance of happening than the Taylor fight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Mayweather may very well move up again if he beats ODLH, personally I'd like to see him fight Taylor or Wright. If he will only fight for a title though, he'd prolly fight Arthur Abraham or Mariano Carrera.

Before I add too much speculation here, let's see how he handles 154 though.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather would never step in with Taylor, not a chance...wouldnt mind seeing it though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    You just know that its on Mayweather mind. Not Taylor but a middleweight title. If Taylor were to get upset by a smaller guy you just know Floyd would be there like a rat up a drainpipe.
    Yes, I could see Floyd considering this, but not against Taylor.
    Taylor is a bigger than average middleweight and will likely be at 168 and/or 175 in the near future.

If someone like Winky held the middleweight title, I could see Floyd considering that fight, since Wright is a natural 154 pounder and is not a dangerous puncher. If Jermain vacates the title and moves to 168 this year, the titles could go to Wright and then this whole scenario could play out.
    But I expect Floyd to drop right back down to 147 after the DLH fight, where there are plenty of potential opponents.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does he get the full use of a cosh?

if so

I reckon he can do it.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Mayweather can beat ODLH and him knowing the fact that Taylor couldn't knock out Ouma (who is a blown up welter), Taylor has huge stamina problems, and Taylor still makes so many glaring mistakes in the ring, I really could see Mayweather calling Taylor out. I think that he would wait to see if Winky could beat JT and try to fight Winky instead of Taylor though. Mayweather moving up to 160 for the right fight is a possibility IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Yes, I could see Floyd considering this, but not against Taylor.
    Taylor is a bigger than average middleweight and will likely be at 168 and/or 175 in the near future.

If someone like Winky held the middleweight title, I could see Floyd considering that fight, since Wright is a natural 154 pounder and is not a dangerous puncher. If Jermain vacates the title and moves to 168 this year, the titles could go to Wright and then this whole scenario could play out.
    But I expect Floyd to drop right back down to 147 after the DLH fight, where there are plenty of potential opponents.
    Exactly, since Mayweather has no promoter and no real beefs with any of the promoters, Mayweather could conceivably end his career with ODLH, Mosley, Cotto, and then FINALLY Hatton. If PBF beats ODLH, there's simply too much money for him to make at 147 to even consider retiring.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ODLH aint gona lose to Floyd. Floyd has gone one to far and if he even thinks he could handle Jermain he has another thing coming. I could see it being a boring fight tbh. Floyd would just run away all night. whats the fun in that? All it would prove is that Floyd can run away and win another title in another weight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon
    ODLH aint gona lose to Floyd. Floyd has gone one to far and if he even thinks he could handle Jermain he has another thing coming. I could see it being a boring fight tbh. Floyd would just run away all night. whats the fun in that? All it would prove is that Floyd can run away and win another title in another weight!
    Name all the fights in which Floyd has run away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he would fight Winky. I don't think he would fight Taylor. Still, I agree that the most likely scenario is a move back to down to welter, or maybe a fight at 154 against Mosley once Mosley beats Collazo.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    Name all the fights in which Floyd has run away.
    bro if you were fighting somebody who would have a lot bigger ko power you would run away. I couldnt see Floyd wanting to stand toe to toe with Jermain!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SeanE
    I think he would fight Winky. I don't think he would fight Taylor. Still, I agree that the most likely scenario is a move back to down to welter, or maybe a fight at 154 against Mosley once Mosley beats Collazo.

no reason for a pbf-mosley fight to take place at 154, considering neither is close to being a natural 154-pounder and mosley's just finally gotten back down into the 147 division after wanting to for a couple of years. i think winky's the most likely opponent for the winner of pbf-odh. it's definitely the fight winky wants.

Thread Information