Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default who has come out of this worse?

hatton - fought collazo 26-1-0 - won ud - wobbled in 12th, general lack of strenght and stamina
    fought urango 17-0-2 - won ud - wasnt hurt but hung on late as tho lack of stamina

Mayweather - fought Judah 34-3-0 - won ud - showed he can be hit, prehaps losing speed? possibly knocked down ligitimaely
    fought baldomir 43-9-6 - won ud - was boring, refused to engage

who has come off worse after their last 2 fights? mayweather was hit easily agiast zab in early rounds at least. BUT zab is fast, hatton had to hang on vs urango BUT urango is a powerhouse and hatton looked fucking good until round 5

opinons|?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: who has come out of this worse?

The big question for Hatton fans, which we need the inside track on the answer is, WHY his stamina was shot by round 9 this time? Not guessing , but the truth. Was it:

1. Virus/ cold
    2. Body punching effect of Urangos punching
    3. Strength of Urango in clinches sapping his strength
    4. Injury eg rib, hand
    5. Hes getting old, or blow up between fights??
    6. something else..

Anyone can guess, but what we need is the truth

Hatton traditionally prior to last 2 fights has been an unstoppable dynamo even at the end of the 12th, plus yesterday he didnt look anything like as strong or muscled and looked litle skeletal in face to me . so whats the real reason for it...

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather is fighting Oscar De La Hoyanext, Hatton is fighting Jose Luis Castillo, I think they have both come out of it alright

The only thing I would say is that Mayweather chose to make it a dull spectacle, Im not sure if Hatton had any choice in the matter.

When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

I think just all that moving got him tired and once the pace started to slow it was hard for him to get back to moving because Urango is so strong.

Hatton won and he still managed to have a decently exciting fight....I don't remember the last exciting fight Floyd Mayweather had

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Neither have really because no matter what happens in the performance, so long as they both keep winning that super fight could still happen.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think everyone knows by now that I don't like Floyd. My problem with him is his lack of opposition and boasts of greatness without taking chances. That being said, Hatton IMO has lost more respect than Floyd cause he actually had to hold on not to lose. My problem with Floyd has nothing to do with his ability to fight.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, a good post...
    I think hatton was hurt more by his outings since he didn't do what people are used to seeing him do.
    PBF, people expect to move and dance so when he does it even if its lame its not such a big deal.
    Hatton doing for 1/2 a fight what PBF does all fight long seems worse 'cuz its not what we expect.

I don't think hatton can fight anyone good teh way he did in teh last 1/2 of the fight.
    You gotta go with the horse that brought ya to the race.or whatever that saying is!! LOL
    If he tries to stick and move against a top guy he will look like sh1t.
    my thoughts...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    I think just all that moving got him tired and once the pace started to slow it was hard for him to get back to moving because Urango is so strong.

Hatton won and he still managed to have a decently exciting fight....I don't remember the last exciting fight Floyd Mayweather had
    It was just last year against Arturo Gatti. Remember now?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by oakleyno1
    hatton - fought collazo 26-1-0 - won ud - wobbled in 12th, general lack of strenght and stamina
    fought urango 17-0-2 - won ud - wasnt hurt but hung on late as tho lack of stamina

Mayweather - fought Judah 34-3-0 - won ud - showed he can be hit, prehaps losing speed? possibly knocked down ligitimaely

who has come off worse after their last 2 fights? mayweather was hit easily agiast zab in early rounds at least. BUT zab is fast, hatton had to hang on vs urango BUT urango is a powerhouse and hatton looked F****** good until round 5

opinons|?
    Is this a joke?? Do you know anything about boxing? Neither have come out bad, but of course Ricky's come out worse.. Your going to sit there and try and pretend that his scraping by Collazo and now beating Urango are as impressive as Floyd beating Judah and Baldomir? And whats this, Mayweather was hit easily against Zab.. He was hit definetly, but I doubt it was easy, and Judah landed only a few actually flush punches.. Hatton was the one being hit EASILY by Collazo. Oh and I love how in defence of his win over Urango, people say that he looked great for the first 5 rounds... And yet they call Mayweather vs Baldomir a complete stinker even though Floyd looked spectacular for the first 6 rounds, and after that he certainly didn't need to hold on for dear life to finish the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

who has come off worse after their last 2 fights? mayweather was hit easily agiast zab in early rounds at least. BUT zab is fast, hatton had to hang on vs urango BUT urango is a powerhouse and hatton looked F****** good until round 5

opinons|?
    The Collazo fight was good but not because of Ricky, but IMO he looked better at 147. He held but he fought all twelve rounds. The Urango fight was good for the first half and then turned into a boring snoozefest that was so frustrating because of Ricky's holding that it actually ruined the whole fight. Ricky holds way too much to be considered an elite fighter.

Mayweather got hit by a guy (Judah) who is FASTER than him and possibly even has faster hands, Judah just didn't have the stamina and smarts to fight an entire 12 rounds with Floyd. Plus, Judah only landed three or four good shots on Mayweather, that's it, and Floyd might have stopped Judah if not for the melee (which was entertaining as hell). Mayweather was actually hit more in his fights at 140. Not to mention, Judah months earlier was the undisputed welterweight champion of the world. Mayweather landed big time shots on Baldy in the middle of the fight and then ran for most of the last half of the fight. Mayweather frustrated everyone because Baldy was so open for a beating that Floyd could have stopped Baldy, but he just chose not to pursue that.

Both Mayweather and Hatton belong at 140. Mayweather is taking big risks by even being at welterweight much less jumping to junior middle and taking on championship level competition. Hatton took a couple good hard shots from Collazo, handled them decently and won the fight, but for some reason, he ran back to 140. Hatton can't deal with risks. Mayweather can. Hatton needs to be in a division where he knows for a fact he won't be knocked out. Mayweather doesn't need that security. Mayweather is making double figures with PPV upside for his next fight, Hatton will only make between three and five million for the Castillo fight. I'd say Mayweather came out a lot better.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shza
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle

It was just last year against Arturo Gatti. Remember now?
    Oh....guess beating up a scared Arturo Gatti was just one of the best fights ever.

To be a great fighter don't you have to have A great fight

Ali had PLENTY, Rocky had a lot, Louis had Schmelling II, Lennox had Rahman II and some others, Leonard had Hearns, Duran, Hagler.....Floyd Mayweather Jr. is a track star he runs away and if he has ANY adversity he cries like a little baby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

opinons|?
    I don't see how it can be Mayweather.
    People can knock Floyd's opposition all they want, but Judah and Baldomir are better than Collazo and Urango, and it's not even close.
    Floyd didn't look slower against Judah, he was just fighting a guy who is incredibly fast and talented. No one looks really fast against Judah because Judah is so fast himself.
    Zab was in great shape for that fight and looked focused, and yet Floyd gave him an a**-kicking for the last 8 rounds.

And you know you're one hell of a fighter when you can pitch a 12 round shutout against an undisputed champ like Baldomir and get bashed for it.
    Everyone criticizes Floyd for not "engaging" Baldomir. Boxing isn't about engaging, it's about hitting your opponent and not being hit. Floyd ran circles around Baldomir. Why should he get in a brawl if he doesn't have to?
    If anyone questions whether Floyd has the heart to engage in toe to toe action, watch his first fight with Castillo. He had to trade punches to try to win the late rounds in that fight, and he spent the last 2 or 3 rounds standing flatfooted in front of Castillo and trading power shots.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Having watched it again SOBER

Hatton only looked bad in one round and we all know that was RD 5

he dosnt have stamina issues he got hit to the body moving out and stopped moving out after that thus nullifying the only tactic Urango had... smart move IMO

but he did hit and hold for the last 4 rounds not out of Stamina but to steal the fight... Mayweather ran for the full 12rds in a snoozer to steal the fight and hes supposed to be the P4P No1 so for me it did Mayweather more harm as he is supposed to be the p4p no1 FFS

thing is with Ricky he is giving the people who dont rate him less and less to moan about...

they used to complain that he never stepped up.... so he knocked out KT the P4P no 2 at the time

so then they would say oh but he never fights out of the UK thus giving him the home advantage.... so he moved up in weight won a close one against Collazo... a champion at a higher weight and Urango and won all but one round. both in the US of A

so we get to the well hes taking easy fights...
    WTF his last 4 fights have been against world champions at 2 weights

so we are here back to the start again the same spot we were at before the KT fight Ricky is stepping up against his SECOND p4p fighter in Castillo and as they cant chip away at where he is fighting and who he is fighting they are saying he will get beat prob KO'd JUST LIKE THEY DID BEFORE TH KT FIGHT.

Ricky has earned his stripes IMO for what he has achived in his career hands down and no one will change that.

thing is it wont stop because if he beats Castillo which i think he will on points or maybe a late shock KO win.

they will all say Castillo was on the slide so pay not attention to it... it will go on till Ricky like ALL fighters finally losses then they will claim he was over hyped.

ITS A FUNNY OLD GAME

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo

thing is it wont stop because if he beats Castillo which i think he will on points or maybe a late shock KO win.

they will all say Castillo was on the slide so pay not attention to it... it will go on till Ricky like ALL fighters finally losses then they will claim he was over hyped.

Aint that the truth?

I mean really...that's the truth aint it?
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    thing is with Ricky he is giving the people who dont rate him less and less to moan about...

they used to complain that he never stepped up.... so he knocked out KT the P4P no 2 at the time
    Kostya Tszyu was #2 PFP in June 2005 when Hatton beat him
    I think Mayweather, Wright, and Hopkins would have something to say about that, among others.
    Tszyu was a great champ, but he was 35 years old and had fought once in the past 29 months when he got in the ring with Hatton.

Thread Information