Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duva Open Letter to Vitali! (funny read)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Duva Open Letter to Vitali! (funny read)

January 25, 2007
    http://www.boxingbuzz.com/peter-klit...temanche47.htm

Vitali,

First of all, if you have a desire to come back to the ring, we welcome you.

However, do not think that we will stand by and allow you, the cowardly champion Maskaev, or anyone else involved, to interfere with Samuel Peter’s right to fight for the WBC Heavyweight Championship.

You can try all the propaganda you want, but it’s not going to work. The boxing media, fans and public are too smart for that. Everyone universally recognizes Samuel Peter’s right to fight for the WBC Heavyweight Championship.

I have always had a great deal of respect for you as a fighter and a person. If you are the man that I think you are and that you claim to be, you will understand and respect Samuel Peter’s right to fight Oleg Maskaev. Hopefully you, Maskaev, the WBC and all other associated parties will do the right thing and honor Sam Peter’s mandatory.

We welcome a fight against you for all the marbles after Samuel knocks Maskaev out. In fact, I’m even willing to sit down with you and your representatives right now and negotiate a deal for when that time comes. However, if you, and all associated with this, continue to attempt to interfere with Samuel Peter’s rights, an even bigger and more expensive fight will occur outside the ring and in the public arena.

I am urging you and everyone else to do the right thing.

Sincerely,

Dino Duva

President, Duva Boxing

Promoter of Samuel Peter

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Duva Open Letter to Vitali! (funny read)

And that is a fair enough statement. I cannot believe its even being considered that Vitali just jump into a shot at Maskaev!!

Peter deserves his chance...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gotta agree with him. Vitali had the belt, he refused to fight Rahman and left boxing. Why should he be rewarded with a title shot right off the bat? Let him get back into the scuffle with a big win or two. Peter deserves it for his big win over Toney.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

basically what it comes down to is.
    Vitali retired the champ due to injury, and the minute he decides to come back he is granted mandatory status. I know, it sucks that you already had a mandatory (peter) but now you got two lol And i guess WBC chooses the fight that makes the most money, and is best for the WBC.
    BUT!, and this is a BIG BUT,
    Would it be such a big deal if the current champ wasnt a weak opponent like Maskeav? lets say the champ was of the caliber like lewis,..would peter be like " HEY ITS MY TURN!!" or be like "ummm ill wait"
    I think the fact that the current hw champ is oleg, peter knows thats his best chance, and if vitali gets oleg, Peter will never be HW champ.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Deuce
    Vitali retired the champ due to injury, and the minute he decides to come back he is granted mandatory status. I know, it sucks that you already had a mandatory (peter) but now you got two lol And i guess WBC chooses the fight that makes the most money, and is best for the WBC.
    Would it be such a big deal if the current champ wasnt a weak opponent like Maskeav? lets say the champ was of the caliber like lewis,..would peter be like " HEY ITS MY TURN!!" or be like "ummm ill wait"
    I think the fact that the current hw champ is oleg, peter knows thats his best chance, and if vitali gets oleg, Peter will never be HW champ.
    still the WBA and WBO to go for, would sightly like to see peter got and knock valuev TFO tho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

true...
    But what i mean is WBC is most recognized.
    and yes, it would be a grand site to see peter Knock him out, im pretty sure valuev would put an 8 foot hole in the ring lol

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Peter should walk into the middle of the ring during the entrances of Maskaev and Klit and just take a dump.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Peter should walk into the middle of the ring during the entrances of Maskaev and Klit and just take a dump.
    has the WBC actualy confirmd yet that vitali WILL get first shot at oleg?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight isnt happening yet..but if it does then boxing has another black mark.

Peter has beaten Toney twice to get his shot in a sanctioned bouts...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    The fight isnt happening yet..but if it does then boxing has another black mark.

so the WBC havn't actualy said yet that vitali will get first shot at oleg over peter?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme

so the WBC havn't actualy said yet that vitali will get first shot at oleg over peter?
    Vitali has trained for 2 weeks apparently....nothing is set in stone. He has put forward his name for the next shot at Maskaev...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali has trained for 2 weeks apparently....nothing is set in stone. He has put forward his name for the next shot at Maskaev...
    ok;

I read about him 'being back in the gym' and feeling good, and wanting oleg, just the way everyone has gone off on one i thought the WBC had said it has happend, lots of people gunna have some egg to wipe of their face if the WBC say peter gets first shot lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That would be astounding!
    "et ignotas animum dimittit in artes naturamque nouat" Ovid's Metamorphoses

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ok;

I read about him 'being back in the gym' and feeling good, and wanting oleg, just the way everyone has gone off on one i thought the WBC had said it has happend, lots of people gunna have some egg to wipe of their face if the WBC say peter gets first shot lol
    It is a bit boring. But it really is as simple as that. peter should get his shot. Vitali dserves a warm up more than anything...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Deuce
    Vitali needs to wait in line. Remember this isn't the first time Peter is set to be shafted it's the second. After beating James Toney first time around the WBC disgracefully said that he had to fight Toney again, a precedent that would be unthinkable in any other sport. Now after he's scored a decisive victory over Toney again he is told he may have to wait whilst Vitali steps in to get his shot.

Peter should have been fighting Maskaev in January as it was, instead he had to face Toney again and Maskaev got a freebie easy defense against Okhello. If boxing is to retain any credibility whatsoever then Peter MUST get his chance at Maskaev next.

There is a great article on Boxingtalk regarding the situation, http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article11069.html

Boxing is run by crooks and cheats. They threaten to ruin the noble sport permanently. It's little wonder that new combat sports such as the UFC and Pride are gaining in popularity all the time.

If Vitali does come back and dishonourably jumps in front of Peter for a title shot at Maskaev then I wish him all the bad luck in the world......

Thread Information