Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: List the Overrated Contenders/Champions!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default List the Overrated Contenders/Champions!

Make sure you include the weight class so people will know where to look for them, especially if they are prospects!

I will start it off with the so-called champs:

Krzysztof Wlodarczyk --IBF Cruiser
    --lost at home, so he wins. Too bad Cunningham didn't come stronger.
    ***EXPOSED by Vadim Tokarev

O'Neil Bell--'Ring' Cruiser Champ
    OK. He had a nice KO against Mormeck, a smaller man. Since then, he turned down Cunningham, G. Jones, and every other top five cruiser. Now he's going the fight the little man again. Give me a break!

Clinton Woods--IBF Lt Hwt
    --same scenario. Ridiculous ring call in the fight. He can't fight any top five LtHwt, mark my words.
    ***EXPOSED by Chad Dawson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: List the Overrated Contenders/Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by ArawakWarria

Make sure you include the weight class so people will know where to look for them, especially if they are prospects!

O'Neil Bell--'Ring' Cruiser Champ
    OK. He had a nice KO against Mormeck, a smaller man. Since then, he turned down Cunningham, G. Jones, and every other top five cruiser. Now he's going the fight the little man again. Give me a break!

Clinton Woods--IBF Lt Hwt
    --same scenario. Ridiculous ring call in the fight. He can't fight any top five LtHwt, mark my words.
    ***EXPOSED by Chad Dawson

Chad Dawson is still raw.

It's not Bells fault the Jones fight didn't happen. They didn't let Jones medically fight wasn't that the case?(I don't know but I think it was)

And Chad Dawson, in my book wouldn't beat Glen Johnson.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree PGH.... I mean Chads my boy but I need to see 1st how he does against Adamek.
    If he can pull out a very good performance then he's as ready as he'll ever be.... IMO.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ArawakWarria

I like Krzysztof but I do think that hes very beatable, I think the man to beat him will be David Haye.

Heres some fighters that I think will be exposed this year IF they decide to step it up in competition..

Robert Stieglitz (Sup. Middleweight) - I think someone like Soliman and Calzaghe that can give volume punching can shut him down.

Sergio Mora (Middleweight) & Kelly Pavlik - The second he fights ANYONE ranked amogst the top 10 it's lights out for him.

Steven Luevano (Sup. Featherweight) - He was one of my fav. prospects in '04, '05 but the quality of his opponents hasn't done much the more important thing that stands out to me is hes just barely edging out wins and he lacks power 2 critical things needed when your future opponents MIGHT be PAC-MAN, Valero, Guzman and co.

Koki Kameda (Light Fly.) - I think both Solis & Cazares can make him hit the deck, he struggled against Landeta. And both Solis & Cazares are both stronger then Landeta. I would like to see Kameda vs. Segura

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldnt say Woods is over rated . Johnson beat Tarver and Jones the top two lightheavys and then Woods went and beat him so considering Woods is hardly mentioned or known then you cant call him over rated . Under rated if anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ill have to go with ricky hatton as my most overrated.........in fact he is the most overrated champion of all time................he cant punch he cant box.....hes an apple waiting to be picked...........now hes going after another washed up legend in blown up lighweight jl castillo....ricky wont fight a great fighter or a bigger name until they are washed up and old.......he went back down to 140 b/c there is really nobody left in that division..all the dangerous guys are at 147 and they would all starch hatton quick like.........mosley, margarito, pbf, even zab, probably still gatti. hatton just wants to play it safe and retire witha phony undefenated record IMO. there is no other reason to pick on a guy like castillo who is clearly past it.... a guy who couldnt even get by a mid card guy life ngogu..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

is a guy with a 42 and 0 record who has won numerous world tittles and one in a weight that he doesnt belong in and is fighting and beating world champions over rated? i don't think so. in fact he could be under rated if you ask me, pound 4 pound i don't think he is high enough for what he has achieved.
    i reckon collazo will suprise a lot of people when he fights mosley cos he was a very under rated fighter at the time ricky faught and beat him and that like urango was a very ricky fight for ricky to take. but he still took them both.
    the guy is fighting at the weight he belongs at and in a year or so is probably gonna move back up to welter (where he doesn't belong and will be at a disadvantage) to chase the even bigger fights. who else would you like him to fight at light welter if not castillo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

John f**king Ruiz
    Hasim Rahman
    Both Ibragimov's
    Ray Austin
    Antonio Margarito
    Jermain Taylor
    Vic Darchinyan
    Paul Williams
    Zab Judah
    Robert Guerrero
    Koki Kameda
    Mike Arnoutis
    Soulaymen M'Baye
    Ben Rabah
    Corey Spinks
    Kermit Cintron
    Junior Witter
    Lovemore N'Dou
    Julio Diaz
    Rocky Juarez
    Brian Viloria
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he clerly lost the collazo fight and i actually had urango winning

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jbirdy
    is a guy with a 42 and 0 record who has won numerous world tittles and one in a weight that he doesnt belong in and is fighting and beating world champions over rated? i don't think so. in fact he could be under rated if you ask me, pound 4 pound i don't think he is high enough for what he has achieved.
    i reckon collazo will suprise a lot of people when he fights mosley cos he was a very under rated fighter at the time ricky faught and beat him and that like urango was a very ricky fight for ricky to take. but he still took them both.
    the guy is fighting at the weight he belongs at and in a year or so is probably gonna move back up to welter (where he doesn't belong and will be at a disadvantage) to chase the even bigger fights. who else would you like him to fight at light welter if not castillo?
    CC I agree that Castillo is his best option at 140. (That's really strange that I'm agreeing with you)
    After that maybe a fight with Malignaggi or Witter maybe good ones if he stays at 140. Both those guys
    are young.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LawHoops
    You should go to Germany, you'd make an excellent judge over there.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LawHoops
    omg i remember your posts saying kostya was going kill hatton and gatti would own the division if you dont like hatton fair enough but to say you had urango winning is just damn hating and crazy

ICB Guest

1 gatti (after he beats pbf he trumps zoo who only has to whip lil ricky boy)--greatest warrior in history of boxing finally gets a chance to shine--would faltten hatton inside 5 rds

2 zoo --- gatti-zoo by the end of the year would be an awesome war --to settle it all at 140--should finish hatton quick in match coming up---my prediction is rd 2

3 pbf--should prob look at 147 pd judah or back down to 135 to face diego again--which may be a totally differnet fight this time around--it would be funny to see pbf get ktfo by gatti then move down and get ktfo by diego---would embarass ricky hatton worse then winky did tito and prob knock hatton tfo

4 viv harris--big underrated------dangerous guy nobody seems to want--apparently he was to young and viable for ricky hatton--would kayo ricky if ricky didint duck him

5 cotto---big for division good fighter--but very beatable as corley let us know--would kayo hatton in 1 rd though--too big strong and athletic--ricky would never go near him

6 witter--another guy like harris nobody wants to fight--another guy ricky hatton ducked --would blister ricky and knock him out

7 corley---give this guy some credit---close split loss against judah, rocked pbf and shook him while going the distance, and roughed up cotto a bit before a very premature stoppage prevented us from finding out if he could have upset cotto--this guy is tough and i think corley would beat hatton via close decision--lack of power keeps ricky in game

8 sharmba mitchell---looked pedestrian against zoo but good give alot of guys a tussle--still 3 yrs away from being an opponent for ricky hatton--hed box his ears off still at this point

9 lovemore ndou--tough vet who will give anyone a tussle ---alot like corley---not washed up enough for ricky--probably win a close decision against ricky

10 oktay urkal-gave harris a tough fight and is solid--another guy who would probably beat ricky hatton of course hes 35 so hes almost ripe for a hatton encounter--id give ricky a 50-50 shot in this one--but rememebr thi guy is underrated and tough--lost close md to harris and went the distance with zoo--which is 10 rds longer then ricky is gonna last

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't worry about it ICB the goon is clearly on an acid trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MARGARITO (El Gamo don't SC me)

Thread Information