Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Freddy Roach interview(talks about Oscar,Chi fight off and fighting 16-6 guy??)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Freddy Roach interview(talks about Oscar,Chi fight off and fighting 16-6 guy??)

Here's some excerpts:

spam: You were recently named trainer for Oscar De La Hoya in is his upcoming bout with Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Tell me about hiring process.

Freddie Roach: We just met and we just talked about strategy, and basically that was about it. I guess he liked what I had to say and how I think he should fight this guy, and he agreed with me. I told him a lot depends on, of course, what Mayweather shows up, if he’s the runner, or the guy who lays on the ropes? Or the in and out guy?

I think he is gonna be the in and out guy, score and get out. But were gonna have a good game plan for this guy. We’ll have a plan A and a plan B and be ready for whatever this guy brings.

FB: Can you give us any hints as to what plan A and plan B are?

FR: Obviously we’re the bigger, stronger person. We’re gonna use our strength and be a little meaner, a little aggressive and not so nice because I want Mayweather to know that it’s a fight. We’re gonna put that in his face in the first round. That’s the statement we have to make.

Obviously we’re not gonna out box Mayweather, that’s his game. We just got to make him fight our fight a little bit. Obviously it’s not an easy job, of course. We’re gonna set traps for him, bait him in. It’s definitely possible. I see some flaws in some of his work. Speed is a great asset and a tough thing to beat. But we have a little bit of speed also and we have a lot more power than he has.

Your also training (Manny) Pacquiao. Is he going to Puerto Rico to train with you for his upcoming bout with In Jin Chi?

FR: They were talking about it but I heard Chi fell out. Now they have a South African opponent and the guy is 16-6 or something like that. How you gonna sell that? Bob Arum should spend more time on getting Pacquiao's fight together than trying to get me fired. I mean we are supposed to be on the same team getting this guy ready for a title fight and he called me an idiot. But you know, oh well. That’s the way it goes sometimes.

It’s just me and Pacquiao have been through everything together from court cases to people stealing money off him. He is like my son and Arum trying to get me fired is probably a waste of time or I hope it’s a waste of time.

We need to work together as a team to get him ready for the fight, whoever it may be. If it does happen because Manny is running for governor now and I hear a lot. I don’t know. So Macau, I’m just not sure that’s going to happen at this point.

www.doghouseboxing.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Freddy Roach interview(talks about Oscar,Chi fight off and fighting 16-6 guy??)

got alot fo respect for FR, seems a real nice guy, one who will go through hell and back for his fighters. arum, seems a cunt, wish pac would fuck him off and go with GBP

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Freddy Roach interview(talks about Oscar,Chi fight off and fighting 16-6 guy??)

CC#1348 El Gamo

Really good read....

Thanks.

Sucks really that Freddie has wound up there, and the whole Arum thing is just ridiculous heres hoping Pac sees that and keeps Freddie....

Thread Information