Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default De La Hoya v. Aaron Pryor at 140

IMO Oscar was at his best at 140, but Aaron Pryor was a killer at superlightweight. Which way would this fight have gone?

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: De La Hoya v. Aaron Pryor at 140

Oscar fought 3 times at 140....I'd say he was at his best at 147-154

And I pick Oscar over Pryor as ODH has only been KO'd once AND Pryor had a hard time keeping his chin tucked in and Oscar is too good to not connect on such an exposed target

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Pryor by close, but unanimous decision. At 140, Aaron Pryor was as relentless as they come, and I actually even think Oscar at 140 had faster hands, but de la hoya's never been in with someone under welterweight as seasoned as Pryor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arguello was better then Oscar in my opinion.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle

And I pick Oscar over Pryor as ODH has only been KO'd once AND Pryor had a hard time keeping his chin tucked in and Oscar is too good to not connect on such an exposed target
    154? Man, aside from middleweight 154 is Oscar's worst weight. No way in hell his ability at superwelter can compare to the machine he was at superfeather, lightweight, and superlightweight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I say Oscar wins this... he is bigger than Aaron IMO naturally... he is too strong, and has too good of a jab for Aaron, and also IMO he has a better chin with more power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tough 1 to call Alexis hit Pryor clean many times with the long right hand and Oscar has a good right , Pryor was great with his pressure tactics so hmmmmm
    if i had to pick i wud say Pryor by tight points win.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skyler

154? Man, aside from middleweight 154 is Oscar's worst weight. No way in hell his ability at superwelter can compare to the machine he was at superfeather, lightweight, and superlightweight.
    He was a better all around boxer at the heavier weights......all he had at the low weights was a left hook. He was like Rocky Juarez til he got a good trainer and worked on his right cross

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    I say Oscar wins this... he is bigger than Aaron IMO naturally... he is too strong, and has too good of a jab for Aaron, and also IMO he has a better chin with more power.
    Yep id go along with that mate.

ICB Guest

i say pryor wins and taeth you cant really say oscar has better chin yes pryor was knocked down in first round few times but that was mainly he was off balance pryor could box and brawl and had best stamina ive ever seen man did he ever keep going lol i say pryor to relentless and wins decision

El Kabong Guest

Pryor kept his chin up too much....he only fought EFFECTIVELY at 1 weight

I see Pryor as Shane Mosley but with more flaws that Oscar could take advantage of....that being said ODH couldn't take advantage of what Shane offered him so I guess it's a toss up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    i say pryor wins and taeth you cant really say oscar has better chin yes pryor was knocked down in first round few times but that was mainly he was off balance pryor could box and brawl and had best stamina ive ever seen man did he ever keep going lol i say pryor to relentless and wins decision
    Pryor never took shots from a hard hitting middleweight or guys like Trinidad... Almost everyone said that Dela Hoya hit like a heavyweight, and that IMO would be enough to maybe not KO Pryor(though I think he could), but it would definitely slow down his pace... I also think that ODLH's jab would really cause him troubles... or any pressure fighter for that matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Miguel Angel Gonzales can go the distance with Oscar at 140, you better believe Pryor can as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC for mentioning Pryor in a title thread on this forum. He isn't mentioned enough. I think Pryor gets knocked down in round 1. Then comes back to win a UD. If Ike Quartey who was always very open to being hit by a left hook by Oscar could survive all 12 rounds I don't see anyway in Oscar KO ing Pryor who I feel had a much better chin than Quartey. Like IceCold said before it was more of a balance issue with Pryor when it came to his knockdowns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pryor kept his chin up too much....he only fought EFFECTIVELY at 1 weight

I see Pryor as Shane Mosley but with more flaws that Oscar could take advantage of....that being said ODH couldn't take advantage of what Shane offered him so I guess it's a toss up.
    yes...I refuse to say who I think would win.....I would love to have seen this fight !!!!! can't decide.....
    It feels good to be back home.

Thread Information