Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trinidad Vs De La Hoya 2 back in 2000. What would have happened?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Trinidad Vs De La Hoya 2 back in 2000. What would have happened?

We alway's talk about the fight, and who we think won, but what would have happened if they fought again, it could have been totally different. SOUND OFF YOU BLOODY FANATICS.

Trinidad KO in 6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Trinidad Vs De La Hoya 2 back in 2000. What would have happened?

At what weight class??
    Their first fight was at 147, but right after that Tito moved up to 154.

If they fought a rematch at 154, I think Tito wins. He was a better fighter at 154 than 147. He didn't have to kill himself to make weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    At what weight class??
    Their first fight was at 147, but right after that Tito moved up to 154.

If they fought a rematch at 154, I think Tito wins. He was a better fighter at 154 than 147. He didn't have to kill himself to make weight.
    I agree. But the fight would have took place at 154 because Tito could no longer make wieght at 147. But he was just as killer at 154 as he was at 147, I would not say better because Tito set the record for WW title defenses.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brazilianbomber

We alway's talk about the fight, and who we think won, but what would have happened if they fought again, it could have been totally different. SOUND OFF YOU BLOODY FANATICS.

Trinidad KO in 6
    i disagree totally oscar was giving tito boxing lesson until he run last few rounds oscar by ud making sure of victory this time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

Trinidad KO in 6
    i disagree totally oscar was giving tito boxing lesson until he run last few rounds oscar by ud making sure of victory this time
    That boxing lesson did nothing to Trinidad, it did not stop him from coming forward, he was never hurt, stunned, or wobbled. Besides Trinidad was a notoriously late started in his career, and he had a opponent that took away 1/3 of the fight from him by running due to fatigue. Besides David Reid was giving a boxing lesson to Tito through 6 rounds and he ended up taking such a beating that he never was the same and retired a year after.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this Tito with or without the illegal handwraps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

If handwraps made you punch like that everyone would due it. Hell, I would even due it in my street fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ahhh, I always know a bitter DLH fan when I see one

Would this fight use the DLH-Whitaker and DLH-Quartey judges?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If handwraps made you punch like that everyone would due it. Hell, I would even due it in my street fights.
    Well, everyone doesn't do it cause theie guidelines you have to follow and not to mention it's

ILLEGAL!!!!!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

Trinidad KO in 6
    That boxing lesson did nothing to Trinidad, it did not stop him from coming forward, he was never hurt, stunned, or wobbled. Besides Trinidad was a notoriously late started in his career, and he had a opponent that took away 1/3 of the fight from him by running due to fatigue. Besides David Reid was giving a boxing lesson to Tito through 6 rounds and he ended up taking such a beating that he never was the same and retired a year after.
    no it didnt stop him coming forward but he was still getting beat bad tito is bit one dimensional and to be honest through first 9 rounds worst oscar could of done was 6 rounds to 3 i dont know how you can say tito would come him in 6 i see 12 round ud for oscar making sure of it though this time

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Ahhh, I always know a bitter DLH fan when I see one

Would this fight use the DLH-Whitaker and DLH-Quartey judges?
    Bitter?Me? Nah!! I like both guys as boxers really enjoyed their careers...... I'm not Tito hater matter a fact check this out, I hate Tito and I'm so bitter 'I made' a highlight vid. of him before any other fighter even JCC or ODLH.....

[youtube=425,350]X316qCj_ynY[/youtube]

I know ODLH won the fight and I'm OK with what happened......... It was Sat. school for Tito that night.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, everyone doesn't do it cause theie guidelines you have to follow and not to mention it's

ILLEGAL!!!!!
    WOW. Steroids or illegal and people still due them to give them the edge, many of them flush it out of their system before they can be tested. If handwraps gave them that kind of edge everyone would due them, the first time Tito was caught was during the Hopkins fight. And he had 40 fights before that. Can't believe you are talking about standards in the corrupt world of boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doesn't someone from the opponent's corner get to watch the hand wrapping of the fighter, as well as someone from the state boxing commission?? I believe they do.
    And if that's the case, it wouldn't have taken 40 fights for someone to spot an illegal handwrapping. DLH has well-paid professionals in his corner, they would have seen something if it was blatant cheating.

I always thought Hopkins objected to the hand-wrapping as part of a mental game to try to throw Trinidad off. And it worked. Not that it really mattered, Hopkins would have won anyway.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well for those who are new here and haven't read the whole ordeal or those who forgot how it wen't...............

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxing_fo...c,14148.0.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well for those who are new here and haven't read the whole ordeal or those who forgot how it wen't...............

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxing_fo...c,14148.0.html

That makes it official. We can now stop buying things like Brass Knuckles, knifes, sticks, razors. The street gangs in LA are going to save a fortune now that they have read this. For now on they will buy guns and handwraps.

Thread Information