Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ~Collazo:"I hurt my left hand in the third round..... I hurt it in training"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ~Collazo:"I hurt my left hand in the third round..... I hurt it in training"

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    I can believe he hurt his hand in the third, because he wasnt throwing nearly enough to match Shanes output. Even in the last round when he knew he had to come out for the knockout...he wasnt throwing.
    Possibly because he had about as much chance of knocking Mosley out as I would??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ~Collazo:"I hurt my left hand in the third round..... I hurt it in training"

I can believe he hurt his hand in the third, because he wasnt throwing nearly enough to match Shanes output. Even in the last round when he knew he had to come out for the knockout...he wasnt throwing.
    Although thats a nice way of looking at it,it's irrelevant whether he hurt his hand,Shane was walking through the shots anyway and Luis looked tired as the fight went on. And he should have stated BEFORE the fight,not after that he hurt it in training.What does he want? A rematch? If he hurt it in training,how comes he was throwing it just fine until the 4th round? I'm not buying this one and it's not as if he was hitting Shane on the head/elbows with it or that its a monstrous right hand

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Maybe im getting too sensitive in my rocking chair!

CC's to Mick and El Gamo...

Star's gender is a mystery to most species so a white flag to that!
    CC back old man.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think its generally comes down to 'if the face fits'

Think about it, Jeff Lacy says he has a shoulder injury and thats why he was off aganst Tyspko and guys on here were all for feeling sorry for him and using that as the reason for his dire performance.

Collazo says he hurts his arm and it becomes an excuse.

Not that it would have mattered anyway last night because Mosley was too damm good but there has to be some consistency with it. It shouldn't be ok for one fighter to cry injury and not ok for the other.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In those first rounds, Collazo was connecting on good shots to Shanes head, snapping it back. Which hand was he complaining about? If it was the left he probably hurt it on Shanes head with one of those hard shots. If he had said anything before the fight , people would have been questioning him anyway. The guy showed heart and tried to fight, I dont know if he normally closes his eyes between rounds....but he looked like he was trying to dig down. He did ballon up 13 pounds to 160, so it could be he just ran out of gas.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono

Think about it, Jeff Lacy says he has a shoulder injury and thats why he was off aganst Tyspko and guys on here were all for feeling sorry for him and using that as the reason for his dire performance.

Lacy had surgery on his 'rotator cuff' thats a fact.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im gunna give collazo the benefit of the doubt on this one. as far as i know he hasn't make excuses for fights in the past - i have given hatton shit for his excuses coz there seems to be one for ever fight sinze tszyu, but for now collazo as far as i ama ware hasn't said shit before, and in a game where pride is so much, it must be hard not to say u hurt your self if its true and u believe it largly affected they way you fought.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    im gunna give collazo the benefit of the doubt on this one. as far as i know he hasn't make excuses for fights in the past - i have given hatton S*** for his excuses coz there seems to be one for ever fight sinze tszyu, but for now collazo as far as i ama ware hasn't said S*** before, and in a game where pride is so much, it must be hard not to say u hurt your self if its true and u believe it largly affected they way you fought.
    That's true. But I also doubt you'll find many people who'd hold him in a higher regard for claiming a hand injury after the fight. He be better served to just give Shane credit and tell us he'll be back, almost all boxers have an excuse as to every loss they have, in their mind.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

Wel yeh but folk on here were happy to use that as an excuse before they knew he was going for surgery.

Maybe Lacy was a bad example.....
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

Wel yeh but folk on here were happy to use that as an excuse before they knew he was going for surgery.

Maybe Lacy was a bad example.....
    Id say so.. Not just because he's had surgery since but watching that fight you could definetly tell Lacy hurt his left arm somehow, he completely stopped using it after easily being in control with it alone early on. It's not a case where he was simply looking for damage control, he probably would have had hardly any problems with Typsko if he hadn't hurt his arm. Whether Collazo hurt anything or not, he wasn't going to win.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lacy would have walked through Typsko if he didn't hurt his arm. He was already walking through him in their first fight. He'll be back though.

Injuries in boxing happen. No fighter ever goes into or leaves a championship fight in 100% top notch condition. I wonder what context this was in. I wouldn't have much problem if someone asked, "were you 100% for this fight" but if he just said it to get it out there...boohoo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Lacy would have walked through Typsko if he didn't hurt his arm. He was already walking through him in their first fight. He'll be back though.

Injuries in boxing happen. No fighter ever goes into or leaves a championship fight in 100% top notch condition. I wonder what context this was in. I wouldn't have much problem if someone asked, "were you 100% for this fight" but if he just said it to get it out there...boohoo.
    their first fight was like 2 rounds 1? to say he would of walked through him is a bit of a fucking bold statement tbh

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

their first fight was like 2 rounds 1? to say he would of walked through him is a bit of a fucking bold statement tbh
    Tyspko had no answer for the right hand. He was getting hit at will by Lacy and had nothing to answer with. The headbutt was his saving grace. He wouldn't have lasted much longer imo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

their first fight was like 2 rounds 1? to say he would of walked through him is a bit of a F****** bold statement tbh
    Tyspko had no answer for the right hand. He was getting hit at will by Lacy and had nothing to answer with. The headbutt was his saving grace. He wouldn't have lasted much longer imo.
    there is a reaosn they fight over 10/12 rounds tho aint it...

Lacy in the second fight was the same, starte doff well catching him with that right, but often in fights when a guy is only really doing one thing they get caught out and are made to pay for it, what happens in the first couple of rounds is no freaking way to back an argument up that he would of walked through him lol...

lets not forget lacy caught Tsypko with a corker and didn't put him down or in to much trouble, Tsypko hurt lacy alot more tho

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lacy wasn't anywhere near as efficient in the first few rounds of the second fight as he was in the first. I know there is no way to tell for sure, but I really think that had the fight been extended 2 or 3 more rounds, Lacy would have had him out of there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

100% agreed about Lacy,cc. Lacy is real man, a warrior,I really don't see him making an injury up and taking a year off for no reason. Heck he even admitted JC beat his ass and didn't once make recourse to an injury.

Thread Information