Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ~Collazo:"I hurt my left hand in the third round..... I hurt it in training"

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: ~Collazo:"I hurt my left hand in the third round..... I hurt it in training"

Collazo is one of the fighters I hate the most....his style is crappy, he has worse tatoos than Mikkel Kessler, he's from New York and he has worse teeth than Jorge Arce or Leon Spinks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ~Collazo:"I hurt my left hand in the third round..... I hurt it in training"

Yes, Collazo hurt his hand And I'm sure it would have made a difference since Shane fought the entire fight not punching him saying to him "hit me with your left hand and you win the fight!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Turns out Collazo fought with an injured hand.....

Am I the only person who thinks it's 'chicken shit' to come out and say 'I hurt my hand during training"
    to me when fighters say this I stop and think, did he really hurt his hand or is he saying this just to see if he can get the benifit of the doubt?
    I for one as I said 'hate' when people say this, now there times when it's obvious a fighter has an injured hand but in this case or others that I've seen it's very questionable....

I don't care if Collazo had 3 hands tonight theres was no way he was beating SSM tonight....

Thoughts anyone?
    At any point did you tell yourself, 'I think Collazos hand is hurt"
    Agreed !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And Collazo threw more punches then Mosley, Shane was just defensively better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can tell as the fight goes on if he hurt his hand in the fight. If he favours his hand after a certain round and does not throw it to much after, then you know he's not faking it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After seeing the fight for the second time, I saw no evidence that he hurt his hand. He just got worked all there is to it, I think he threw punches the same and didnt wince like he was hurt.He was just getting drilled by some strong counters and got extra conservative offensively. He was in against a guy just as fast if not a little faster, and alot stronger. Im liking Shane back as a welterweight, adds even more fight possibilities in a deep division.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Turns out Collazo fought with an injured hand.....

Am I the only person who thinks it's 'chicken S***' to come out and say 'I hurt my hand during training"
    to me when fighters say this I stop and think, did he really hurt his hand or is he saying this just to see if he can get the benifit of the doubt?
    I for one as I said 'hate' when people say this, now there times when it's obvious a fighter has an injured hand but in this case or others that I've seen it's very questionable....

I don't care if Collazo had 3 hands tonight theres was no way he was beating SSM tonight....

Thoughts anyone?
    At any point did you tell yourself, 'I think Collazos hand is hurt"

Just watched it on Youtube and your right...F*ck all wrong with him apart from heart and desire where nowhere to be seen.
    He looked like a scared little boy from round 4 onwards and was outclassed in every department

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree CutMeMick. in his corner he would just sit there with his eyes closed. It looked like me if i was in with Shane.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here ya go...

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...FKattWHLh.html

A post-fight x-ray recommended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission revealed a fracture to Collazo's left hand.

Well...I think he still would have lost to Mosley even without injury... maybe with a bit more close decision...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss
    Here ya go...

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...FKattWHLh.html

A post-fight x-ray recommended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission revealed a fracture to Collazo's left hand.

Well...I think he still would have lost to Mosley even without injury... maybe with a bit more close decision...
    Well there you go, now I believe him.
    Hope he recovers and continues fighting and to be honest this can't be good for his future......

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Plenty of fighters have to go through the pain barrier with a lot worse than that
    Look at Ali with his broken Jaw that he fought on with for 8 rounds
    Calzaghe does it nearly every fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Collazo is one of the fighters I hate the most....his style is crappy, he has worse tatoos than Mikkel Kessler, he's from New York and he has worse teeth than Jorge Arce or Leon Spinks
    Probably also has foul breath. He needs to stfu!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow he DID break his hand But his buddy Malignaggi would do it every fight and still win every single round(till he got to Cotto) so it's no excuse, but then again Malignaggi never been in the ring with Shane Mosley.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

fractures of the hand and partial factures , swollen knuckles are part of the fight game business. a little Novocain in between the knuckles before fights is the key , I also like to swab my mouth with maximum strength liquid, Orajel before a match. not too much , just a along the gum line and the inner lips

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    fractures of the hand and partial factures , swollen knuckles are part of the fight game business. a little Novocain in between the knuckles before fights is the key , I also like to swab my mouth with maximum strength liquid, Orajel before a match. not too much , just a along the gum line and the inner lips
    You cheating bastard....
    LMAO!!!
    Wait thats not illegal..... Nice, never thought about that before....

Thread Information