Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ~Collazo:"I hurt my left hand in the third round..... I hurt it in training"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default ~Collazo:"I hurt my left hand in the third round..... I hurt it in training"

Turns out Collazo fought with an injured hand.....

Am I the only person who thinks it's 'chicken shit' to come out and say 'I hurt my hand during training"
    to me when fighters say this I stop and think, did he really hurt his hand or is he saying this just to see if he can get the benifit of the doubt?
    I for one as I said 'hate' when people say this, now there times when it's obvious a fighter has an injured hand but in this case or others that I've seen it's very questionable....

I don't care if Collazo had 3 hands tonight theres was no way he was beating SSM tonight....

Thoughts anyone?
    At any point did you tell yourself, 'I think Collazos hand is hurt"

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ~Collazo:"I hurt my left hand in the third round..... I hurt it in training"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ~Collazo:"I hurt my left hand in the third round..... I hurt it in training"

Im really quite annoyed collazo couldnt pull off the win...But hey..Thats sugar shane for you..
    A true great fighter can still pull off the big fights..
    Yeh it annoys me when people say they had this or that injury during fights most of the time..
    The only time i will allow a fighter to excuse his performance and blame an injury is if you can visibly see that he's hurt something and somethings not right during the fight..
    Sorta like a clottey thing.. if you know what i mean..
    Annoyed me that paulie was so humble after the cotto loss and then had to get his words in and blame aspects of his team etc.. That sucks.. anyways though..
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excuses. He should have said it before the fight or not said it all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So THAT'S why he lost!
    It had nothing to do with Mosley being faster, hungrier, and busier!
    I get it now.
    Collazo WANTED to press harder but the injury just wouldn't let him, even if that isn't Collazo's style and never was!

I find it funny how almost every fighter who loses had some mysterious injury nobody knew about.
    Whether he truly was hurt or not, Collazo didn't look hungry.
    Fighters have fought through injuries before.
    Trying to cheapen Mosley's victory doesn't work on this observer. He simply got beat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ahhh, it's the old "I got my ass kicked, so I'll pretend I was injured" strategy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This king of "garbage" seems to be the modus operandi from Brooklyn fighters....Briggs, Judah, Bowe....now Collazo....they need to do their fighting and talking in the ring. They talk too much.

ICB Guest

yea i hate this kind of nonsense it would of been better to of said he was better man tonight i tried my hardest but he was too good tonight and i wish him luck in his next fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Turns out Collazo fought with an injured hand.....

Am I the only person who thinks it's 'chicken S***' to come out and say 'I hurt my hand during training"
    to me when fighters say this I stop and think, did he really hurt his hand or is he saying this just to see if he can get the benifit of the doubt?
    I for one as I said 'hate' when people say this, now there times when it's obvious a fighter has an injured hand but in this case or others that I've seen it's very questionable....

I don't care if Collazo had 3 hands tonight theres was no way he was beating SSM tonight....

Thoughts anyone?
    At any point did you tell yourself, 'I think Collazos hand is hurt"
    Yeah...It's B*llsh*t...."I was injured during sparring, training, falling down the stairs leaving the hotel just before the fight"....Why have the preplanned excuse?...because you lost or are trying to take away from the other guy..."I beat him with a broken hand"....If you're hurt well before a fight wait till it heals....why put yourself in the position of further injury?!? I never really believe it anyway....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree BUT not to worry cause my good friend 'Starr' always has great posts....
    Check this one out....

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Mosley did great but Collazo's stock didn't drop at all

Great to see Mosley back to top form. Now let's see Shane or Collazo fight the winner of Cotto Margarito
    God I love it when Starr makes these kind of comments.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree BUT not to worry cause my good friend 'Starr' always has great posts....
    Check this one out....

Great to see Mosley back to top form. Now let's see Shane or Collazo fight the winner of Cotto Margarito
    Starr does have his or her faults, but you are just being a bully with that kind of output!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Check this one out....

Starr does have his or her faults, but you are just being a bully with that kind of output!
    I disagree Miles,Starr makes some of the most absurd statements ever! Wasn't she the one complaining about Morales getting a shot at Pacman after Raheem beat him yet shes saying Collazo should fight Tony or Cotto? I don't get it!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bully?
    If you think I'm bulling her and she is a 'she', trust me.
    I'm not thats how it's always gone down. Everytime anyone posts something your're open game for anyone, her and I just have different points of views in almost everything. But I will tell you that we've also agreed on a couple of threads, so no I'm not bulling her.... If you don't belive me ask her send her a PM.

Believe me she can hold her own.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe im getting too sensitive in my rocking chair!

CC's to Mick and El Gamo...

Star's gender is a mystery to most species so a white flag to that!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can believe he hurt his hand in the third, because he wasnt throwing nearly enough to match Shanes output. Even in the last round when he knew he had to come out for the knockout...he wasnt throwing.

Thread Information