Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Shane Mosley be P4P top 10 once again?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Should Shane Mosley be P4P top 10 once again?

What do you think? Was Collazo over rated therefore Hatton gets less respect and drops down?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should Shane Mosley be P4P top 10 once again?

Yes definitely, he should never have dropped out of the top 10 anyways.

Hatton now trails behind Mosely and Cotto on my books, with Marquez (Raul I mean, not sure about Juan Manuel) set to leapfrog him next month.

Hatton in reality is a fringe top 20 fighter at best. He has one win over an elite opponent, but that fighter was old, injury prone, longtime out of action and has now retired.

Since Tyszu he's looked bad against 2 C grade and one B grade fighter.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley truly showed that even at 35 he is still a formidable force. I shall eat humble pie.

Mosley does deserve to replace Hatton in the top 10 P4P....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry this was meant to be here... Third time I posted this same message. I will delete the original second one making this the second one...

If Mosley replaces Hatton on the P4P list, does that mean that Hatton comes back and takes Castillo spot if he wins that fight? I think the loser of the Hatton Castillo fight should be replaced by Mosley.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL,Bilbo you mean Rafael Marquez as opposed to Raul right?

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Mosley truly showed that even at 35 he is still a formidable force. I shall eat humble pie.

Mosley does deserve to replace Hatton in the top 10 P4P....
    You and I both,Collazo was poor!

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    Sorry this was meant to be here... Third time I posted this same message. I will delete the original second one making this the second one...

If Mosley replaces Hatton on the P4P list, does that mean that Hatton comes back and takes Castillo spot if he wins that fight? I think the loser of the Hatton Castillo fight should be replaced by Mosley.
    If Hatton beats Castillo,I think he jumps more than one place because JLC is pretty high in most P4P lists!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You've had a tough time posting that same message!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@ EL Gamo, sorry buddy slip of the tongue. Yep Rafael will be top 10 when he beats Isreal Vasquez.

The Barrera Marquez fight is a pick'em not sure which way to go with that one.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    @ EL Gamo, sorry buddy slip of the tongue. Yep Rafael will be top 10 when he beats Isreal Vasquez.

I will be picking Barrera, Bilbo...

Hope this helps!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Marquez. Unless Barrera wraps his gloves in ducttape again...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was on the fence but leaning towards Barrera. But honestly, siding with Miles, is like siding with Barry McGuigan, his vote is the kiss of death to any fighter.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was on the fence but leaning towards Barrera. But honestly, siding with Miles, is like siding with Barry McGuigan, his vote is the kiss of death to any fighter.
    That is very true, somehow my brainwaves are able to eradicate the abilities of the very fighters Im actually gunning for!

But seriously, Barrera is a decent pick...a very tough fight though...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, cause he was @ 154 and won 2 fights there then came down to 147 and won there.....

Heres how I have my P4P list as of yesterday....

1. PBF
    2. Winky
    3. Pac
    4. MAB
    5. JMM
    6. R.Marquez
    7. JTaylor
    8. Hatton
    9. Joe C.
    10. *SSM

*I had JLC rated at #10, but after yesterdays win SMM takes the #1o spot IMO.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Yes, cause he was @ 154 and won 2 fights there then came down to 147 and won there.....

Heres how I have my P4P list as of yesterday....

1. PBF
    2. Winky
    3. Pac
    4. MAB
    5. JMM
    6. R.Marquez
    7. JTaylor
    8. Hatton
    9. Joe C.
    10. *SSM

*I had JLC rated at #10, but after yesterdays win SMM takes the #1o spot IMO.
    1. Mayweather
    2. Wright
    3. Pacquiao
    4. Barrera
    5. Calzaghe
    6. Taylor
    7. Hopkins
    8. Mosely
    9. De La Hoya
    10.Cotto

Just fixed it for you

JMM has only fought two recognisable fighters in the past 2 years, losing to one and drawing with the other.

R.Marquez hasn't beaten anyone of meritr since Tim Austin, plus he seems to have a thing for beating up on the same fighter twice.

Hatton should change his name to Paper Cutter considering he only fights against C level paper chumps.

The rest was ok though

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bilbo,you know I love you,but you're list sucks ass and balls at the same time!!

Rafa Marquez has beaten more RING top 10 fighters than anyone in that list for one weight class and Austin and Johnson were legends. He also beat the shat out of Silence Mabuza who is by far and away one of the top 3 guys in the division.He should DEFINITELY be in there.

Hopkins lost 2 of his last 3 regardless of what anyone thinks and the one he did win was against Tarver who was not in anyone's P4P lists nor anywhere near the top 10 so why should Hopkins be there?

Oscar...dear dear me...3 fights in 3 years or something,2 of which he lost(Sturm deserved the W) and the one he did win against a Mayorga who recieved a career ending beatin from Tito? No fwocking way Oscar is in there.

I am one of Cotto's biggest fans but he needs a few more wins before he can get into the top 10 especially at the cost of JMM,who has beaten as many good fighters as Cotto has and should have gotten the W v a Manny who annihilated Barerra.

I'm not sold on Mosley being there just yet,Castillo gets that final spot imo,look at whom he has fought!

Mick,I think you're list is almost identical to mine.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Bilbo,you know I love you,but you're list sucks a** and balls at the same time!!

Rafa Marquez has beaten more RING top 10 fighters than anyone in that list for one weight class and Austin and Johnson were legends. He also beat the shat out of Silence Mabuza who is by far and away one of the top 3 guys in the division.He should DEFINITELY be in there.

Hopkins lost 2 of his last 3 regardless of what anyone thinks and the one he did win was against Tarver who was not in anyone's P4P lists nor anywhere near the top 10 so why should Hopkins be there?

Oscar...dear dear me...3 fights in 3 years or something,2 of which he lost(Sturm deserved the W) and the one he did win against a Mayorga who recieved a career ending beatin from Tito? No fwocking way Oscar is in there.

I am one of Cotto's biggest fans but he needs a few more wins before he can get into the top 10 especially at the cost of JMM,who has beaten as many good fighters as Cotto has and should have gotten the W v a Manny who annihilated Barerra.

I'm not sold on Mosley being there just yet,Castillo gets that final spot imo,look at whom he has fought!

Mick,I think you're list is almost identical to mine.
    Well fair enough Gamo I surrender judgement to you on this.

I admit my knowledge of the really little guys is small. I struggle to really rate any man highly who I'd think any averaged sized man could take in a street fight.

I think Hopkins deserves his place in the mix though. He was p4p number 1 in the world before losing two razor close decisions to Taylor who is now a universally recognised p4p star.

And beating Tarver WAS a big deal, he went up two weight divisions and beat the undisputed man at light heavy regardless of whether people liked him or not.

De La Hoya beat Sturm whether you liked the decision or not and was fighting above his natural weight. Put De La Hoya in with any of the current 154 lb champs and I'm sure he beats them all. He's seen by virtually everyone as the man who has the best chance to dethrone the unquestioned p4p number 1 in the sport so surely deserves to be ranked in the top 10.

JMM lost to Chris John, who hardly anyone had ever heard of prior to that loss so if your are going to penalise Hopkins then..................

Thread Information