Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default throwing more punches

hello i need to know if it is ok to have my style in the amatures becuase i am told that in the amatures the one who thorws more punches wins. but my style is more of a counter puncher and look for the perfect shot before throwing the punch. is that the wrong style to have, should i be more of a throw alote of punches even though only 2 out of 100 land. and also when fighting my sparring partner he fakes his punches sometimes making me slip nothing and when i come back to position boom he catches me. is there any way i can aviod that and make him pay for faking those punches. thank you

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: throwing more punches

You score points for landing punches, with the white part of the glove. Im pretty sure power shots are scored the same as jabs. So, yeah you dont want to be countering too much because that would mean your opponent is probably scoring more points.Work on your jab and defense.Lets say you are slipping right you want to keep your right still up to guard and counter.Not getting faked by a feint...cant help ya there. I think you just pick up your opponents tendencies, feints are great at getting people out of position. Feign a slip, then counter him. That might work.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: throwing more punches

welcome lynwood, Of course its ok to be a counterpucher, jus as long as u practice a good defence urself!!!

Thread Information