Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Joe C is ripe for the picking.

I want to preface this by saying a couple of things...

1) I don't think Manfredo is that good.
    2) Even so, if he hadn't been horribly mismanaged and trained by his father his whole career, he'd probably be holding a belt at 160 0r 168 right now.
    3) I never thought Lacy was a world beater.
    4) Joe C is a protected Euro champ, and no one was more surprised than him by his performance against Lacy.
    5) Any retard can look at Manfredo's frame and know that he should probably have been fighting at 168 since he was about 22-23 years old. He's like Omar Shieka on steroids.
    6) I put no stock in his victory over Shotberton, and not much stock in his victory over Spina.

All that said, I think Manfredo will last the 12 rounds, and in doing so expose Joe C. Manfredo is a tough, hard headed SOB, who's never been so much as knocked down in 29 professional, or 100+ amatuer fights. I'm not saying that Manfredo will win, but I really don't see him getting KTFO. Calzaghe doesn't hit that hard, and I know there's a lot to be said for punches in bunches, but Roach tightened up Manfredo's D quite a bit. Also, Calzaghe has admitted he's having a hard time getting up for this fight. He's also dissed Manfredo quite a bit. Bad idea. When Spina ran off at the mouth, Manfredo was climbing over the ref to get at him after the stoppage. Also, you can't forget the ceramic hand factor.

Here's how I like Manfredo's chances of victory against Joe C.

The Joe C that showed up for Lacy- 5%
    -I'd say zero, buit Manfredo hits pretty hard at 168, and in boxing, anything can happen.

Average Joe C- 33%
    -The guy just isn't that good. And he's been dropped by guys who don't hit as hard as Manfredo.

The Joe C that showed up for Bika- 66%
    -Manfredo is a hell of a lot better than Bika.

So answer me this, if Manfredo survives the 12, or does the unthinkable and wins, will everyone say Joe C got exposed, or will people say Manfredo is better than everybody thought?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joe C is ripe for the picking.

I think Manffredo will do a lot better tjan people think, mainly coz I just can't see Calzaghe being focussed and motivated.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe used to hit extremely hard with the left hand, it was what he was known for in the amateurs and before the hand problems in '99.

But he's very weak at the weight these days.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Brockton Bomber

2) Even so, if he hadn't been horribly mismanaged and trained by his father his whole career, he'd probably be holding a belt at 160 0r 168 right now.
    4) Joe C is a protected Euro champ, and no one was more surprised than him by his performance against Lacy.
    5) Any retard can look at Manfredo's frame and know that he should probably have been fighting at 168 since he was about 22-23 years old. He's like Omar Shieka on steroids.
    6) I put no stock in his victory over Shotberton, and not much stock in his victory over Spina.

All that said, I think Manfredo will last the 12 rounds, and in doing so expose Joe C. Manfredo is a tough, hard headed SOB, who's never been so much as knocked down in 29 professional, or 100+ amatuer fights. I'm not saying that Manfredo will win, but I really don't see him getting KTFO. Calzaghe doesn't hit that hard, and I know there's a lot to be said for punches in bunches, but Roach tightened up Manfredo's D quite a bit. Also, Calzaghe has admitted he's having a hard time getting up for this fight. He's also dissed Manfredo quite a bit. Bad idea. When Spina ran off at the mouth, Manfredo was climbing over the ref to get at him after the stoppage. Also, you can't forget the ceramic hand factor.

-I'd say zero, buit Manfredo hits pretty hard at 168, and in boxing, anything can happen.

Average Joe C- 33%
    -The guy just isn't that good. And he's been dropped by guys who don't hit as hard as Manfredo.

So answer me this, if Manfredo survives the 12, or does the unthinkable and wins, will everyone say Joe C got exposed, or will people say Manfredo is better than everybody thought?
    You say he is ripe for picking but there is not a fighter at middle Smiddle or light heavyweight that would be a big favorate over him(if a favorte at all).
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara

Average Joe C- 33%

You say he is ripe for picking but there is not a fighter at middle Smiddle or light heavyweight that would be a big favorate over him(if a favorte at all).
    The same could be said for Lacy prior to Calzaghe getting to him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, almost always in boxing there is a changing of the guard - althought i would bet any thing on it that it wont be manfredo - with calzages age and brittle hands he could be beat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brockton that was a real good assessment you made in the first post and I agree with every point. I'd really like to see manfredo pull a big upset here, and I'm not a Manfredo fan by any means.

However, no matter what Calzaghe shows up I think manfredo will be outmatched. I wouldnt be suprised if Manfredo legitimately takes 3-4 rounds, but also wouldnt be suprised if he doesn't get credited for it. People in England (except for bilbo )must think Calzaghe craps golden nuggets of euphoria. If a top fighter in the US took on the level of opposition Calzaghe has taken people would be bashing him non stop and FORCE him to take on better opposition.

As for your question, If Manfredo pulled a miracle (which he's have to do by KO no way in hell if see him getting a decision in Wales) I think people would say not only was Calzaghe exposed, but he was exposed big time. People would give Manfredo credit for being better than they thought, but I don't know anyone who would consider manfredo to be a world beater.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see it going both ways. Manfredo would get some credit for the victory but then others will just say that it was Joe C. that got exposed because Manfredo wasnt that good anyways. IF Manfredo wins we will see a mixture of both.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dasamm
    Brockton that was a real good assessment you made in the first post and I agree with every point. I'd really like to see manfredo pull a big upset here, and I'm not a Manfredo fan by any means.

However, no matter what Calzaghe shows up I think manfredo will be outmatched. I wouldnt be suprised if Manfredo legitimately takes 3-4 rounds, but also wouldnt be suprised if he doesn't get credited for it. People in England (except for bilbo )must think Calzaghe craps golden nuggets of euphoria. If a top fighter in the US took on the level of opposition Calzaghe has taken people would be bashing him non stop and FORCE him to take on better opposition.

As for your question, If Manfredo pulled a miracle (which he's have to do by KO no way in hell if see him getting a decision in Wales) I think people would say not only was Calzaghe exposed, but he was exposed big time. People would give Manfredo credit for being better than they thought, but I don't know anyone who would consider manfredo to be a world beater.
    why would the people in england think that about calzaghe? he is welsh...

If calzaghe had priced him self out of a fight with hopkins the way hopkins did to calzaghe, joe would be getting even more stick than he does now

Or if he had made his name by beating to guy who were great at WW lol he would get shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manfrado aint that bad ! This I say , lots of people hating on the bloke, but the guy has heart, and has improved immensely over the last few years ! Joe C is a great champion , and would not be overlooking this guy Manfrado.. trust me when you in your mid 30's you don't overlook anyone ! LMFAO !

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One thing that I think will go in Manfredo's favour is that I've never seen the guy cut or even marked up.

Calzaghe is somewhat fragile and Manfredo does have a tendancy to come in with his head.

He split Mora's face open and sent Joey Gilbert to hospital in an ambulance with his headbutts.

With Calzaghe being a southpaw headbutts are even more likely in this one and I wouldn't be at all suprised if Calzaghe gets cut badly in the early to middle rounds.

This one could be a lot harder for Joe than some think.

Personally I'm all rooting for Manfredo as Team Calzaghe have picked him thinking he's a patsy and that they can use as a whipping boy to impress the Yanks.

I'd love to see the whoopee become the whooper in this fight and give the cocky Calzaghe a spanking. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree. But what does cockney mean?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree. But what does cockney mean?
    Well cockney means a Londoner but I said cocky.

Cocky means arrogant, puffed up with pride, boastful etc.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ill say right now, Manfredo has no chance. He's been hurt, before against Sergio Mora for gods sake. Any weakness we haven't seen in Manfredo yet is simply due to his NEVER HAVING FOUGHT ANYBODY. To go from fighting on a TV show at 154, to beating Pemberton and Spina at 168, who were both beyond awful, proves nothing. Calzaghe is going to drown this kid from the opening bell, no matter how much he has improved, he himself has no idea how he can perform against Joe. He's never fought outside the US, Id be very surprised if Calzaghe even has to put forth a good performance to TKO this guy, I expect Manfredo to basically choke up and beat himself before he even gets in the ring what with the crowd all booing him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think joe is gonna thrash him. manfredo is an ok fighter but joe has beaten fighters better than manfredo and knows he still needs to make a splash in the states which is enough motivation for him.

Thread Information