Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defending only 'The ring' belt, does it still count?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Defending only 'The ring' belt, does it still count?

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Damn I never knew that. So a fighter has never been stripped of the belt because he didn't fight a top challenger? I could have sworn that was the case....that should be changed....
    Yeah it's a huge flaw. Having no kind of sanctions for a champ who just decides to rest on the laurels and go for easy fights and easy money is not good for boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Defending only 'The ring' belt, does it still count?

Quote Originally Posted by dumdane
    Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Damn I never knew that. So a fighter has never been stripped of the belt because he didn't fight a top challenger? I could have sworn that was the case....that should be changed....
    Yeah it's a huge flaw. Having no kind of sanctions for a champ who just decides to rest on the laurels and go for easy fights and easy money is not good for boxing.
    Even with the alphabelts, they force more stupid, easy opponent match ups. None of the organizations will list the others champion in their rankings, so that any potential fight between champions has to be preapproved by the organizations involved. Which seems to work all the time by looking at all of the unification bouts that happen every year . It doesnt matter the belt fighters are stuck with fighting whomever their promoter puts in front of them. Some fighters work to get into the ring with other good/great fighters. I think if it was solely up to the fighters we would have more of the elite fighting each other more often.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information