Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do you go for lunch on your lunch break? What kind of food do you eat?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Where do you go for lunch on your lunch break? What kind of food do you eat?

So where do you normally go during your lunch brake and what kind of food do you eat?

Today I had mediterainian food I had a 'Gyro Plate' (Gyro is lamb) it comes with Rice Pilaf, a Garbanzo bean sauce along with Teziki (It's a yogurt like sauce with a mint taste) and a Pita bread.

So what are the places you eat at?
    Last edited by CutMeMick; 08-19-2008 at 11:07 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Where do you go for lunch on your lunch break? What kind of food do you eat?

I think tomorrow I might do some Sushi....

I usually order a Crunchy Roll Special, Tuna Roll & Spicy California Roll....

The crunchy roll is shrimp tempura rolled into a sushi with crunchy flakes on it and a sweet & sour sacue along with some teriyaki....

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Where do you go for lunch on your lunch break? What kind of food do you eat?

Today was the last day of the school holidays. Me and my boys had McDonalds One of them had a girls toy in his happy meal and hit the roof

When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anybody else here tried Gyro/lamb?

Really good meat really....

In this Meditiranian place the cook it in the vertical thing (don't know what it's called) I just know they slide the meat through the steel bar or whatever then they insert it as the flame/stone gets hot on the side it's like a vertical rostisseri......
    I hope that made sense..

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Today was the last day of the school holidays. Me and my boys had McDonalds One of them had a girls toy in his happy meal and hit the roof

I used to hate that, cause I would get home and be ready to play and surprise they put a fwocken 'My Little Pony' pink horse in my Happy Meal.... cunts...

Your boy must be pissed...

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He tried to con his little brother out of his toy. He openned his box and said "one of us has been given a girls toy" They said "Yeah you have Josh"

Mick that sounds dangerously like a donner kebab you had.

When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the Uk we are quite lucky with regards were to eat at lunch time - if i ever get time to actually take a lunch break!

I usually go to the local pub, any with Sky Sports on, so i can grab a pint of guiness or coors and get a nice Steak Pie & chunky chips with gravy - bit of mustard on the side

Given the proximity to Greece, Italy & Asian countries, we get many varieties of food here.

I like a nice lamb klefliko (roasted in a pot with potatoes) or a decent kebab if i'm going greek - Doner kebab with lots of chilli sauce and shredded lettuce/Cabbage

or good old Fish & chips with lots of salt & vinegar.

But my main staple diet is good old CURRY !

Chicken Tikka Dupiaza, with mushroom rice - with a nice Tandoori Roti - which is basically pieces of boneless chicken cooked in a Tandoor (clay oven) then cooked in a thick sauce made with an abundance of onions and spices, served with a tandoori bread (similar to a naan bread) - although this is rare in a lunch break - usually a delivery on an evening instead!

The only thing lacking over here are regular mexican diners - we only have full-on restaurants here - nowhere you can grab a drink and a nice burrito.

One of the best i had was over in Vegas the other week, in a little cafe in Mandalay bay (i was drunkish at the time, it tasted grrreat!)

But for any other style of restaurants - say French, Spanish and the aforementioned, we are pretty blessed in the UK.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

I hope that made sense..
    Not at all I think I know what you mean though. Meditterean BBQ is awesome there is a place in Heavenly, Tahoe that is cool. You go through this area, choose all your own meat and spices and stuff, and you put in a bowl and gie it to the cooks and they cook it in front of you in this big circle grill. Cool stuff.

When I'm out and stuff the only food I eat is fast food. I only like a few things. I like chicken. I always order a chicken sandwich whether it's McDonalds, Burger King or even Applebees and Chilis. It's hard to mess up Chilis. I won't get a fast food burger. Well...maybe if it's Carls Jr or maybe Jack in the Box if I'm hungry but thinkinh about it makes me sick. And I'll eat anything homecooked. I may not like it all but I'll eat it. I don't like fish really either.

I love italian and Mexican food though. My mom is half Mexican and her grandma taught her how to cook real good Mexican food. And Italians have the best food on the planet. Love that stuff.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Othe places I go to is:
    Quiznos they sell oven baked sanwhiches turkey, ham, beef.... The sanwhiches are pretty good actually and I the jalapenos that they have there are fwocken good. I usually fill 4 or 5 of those little plastic container there and take some home...

Sapori is an Italian rest. I hit up often I usually get the 'Spinach Lasgna' really good even the pasta is green/lasgna flavored... And I get an Italian drink (lemonade) the name leaves my mind now but it's really good...
    They some times have specials like Shrimp Alfredo and stuff like that.....

Theres this other place called 'The Salad Farm' they have THE best 'Grilled Chicken Panini' sandwhich I have EVER tasted I could eat that fucker everyday and I wouldn't get tired of it.... it has grilled chichken, avocado, purple onions, sun dried tomatoes and it's oven toasted....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chick-fil-a

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Othe places I go to is:
    Quiznos they sell oven baked sanwhiches turkey, ham, beef.... The sanwhiches are pretty good actually and I the jalapenos that they have there are fwocken good. I usually fill 4 or 5 of those little plastic container there and take some home...
    My town has 2 Quiznos, 2 Togos and 3 Subways and it's not even a big town. The newest of the Quiznos is definitely the best. I love the meatball sub there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

... And I get an Italian drink (lemonade) the name leaves my mind now but it's really good...

I had it in rome - got basil leaf in it? bit syrupy and very tangy!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    Chick-fil-a
    You must live in the south. I remember all the gas stations in Kentucky and Virginia had a Chick-fil-a. It's good food really for gas station food.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    He tried to con his little brother out of his toy. He openned his box and said "one of us has been given a girls toy" They said "Yeah you have Josh"

Mick that sounds dangerously like a donner kebab you had.

ha!!
    The old 'switch-a-roo'

Quote Originally Posted by G0MEZ
    In the Uk we are quite lucky with regards were to eat at lunch time - if i ever get time to actually take a lunch break!

I usually go to the local pub, any with Sky Sports on, so i can grab a pint of guiness or coors and get a nice Steak Pie & chunky chips with gravy - bit of mustard on the side

Given the proximity to Greece, Italy & Asian countries, we get many varieties of food here.

I like a nice lamb klefliko (roasted in a pot with potatoes) or a decent kebab if i'm going greek - Doner kebab with lots of chilli sauce and shredded lettuce/Cabbage

or good old Fish & chips with lots of salt & vinegar.

But my main staple diet is good old CURRY !

Chicken Tikka Dupiaza, with mushroom rice - with a nice Tandoori Roti - which is basically pieces of boneless chicken cooked in a Tandoor (clay oven) then cooked in a thick sauce made with an abundance of onions and spices, served with a tandoori bread (similar to a naan bread) - although this is rare in a lunch break - usually a delivery on an evening instead!

The only thing lacking over here are regular mexican diners - we only have full-on restaurants here - nowhere you can grab a drink and a nice burrito.

One of the best i had was over in Vegas the other week, in a little cafe in Mandalay bay (i was drunkish at the time, it tasted grrreat!)

But for any other style of restaurants - say French, Spanish and the aforementioned, we are pretty blessed in the UK.
    cc#94.....
    Curry is always good I gotta go out of my way for that though about 30 min. drive to this restauraunt....

Now this shit! here Chicken Tikka Dupiaza, with mushroom rice sounds fwocken good...

theres nothing like a good ol' Burrito and or tacos....
    Quote Originally Posted by amat

I hope that made sense..
    Not at all I think I know what you mean though. Meditterean BBQ is awesome there is a place in Heavenly, Tahoe that is cool. You go through this area, choose all your own meat and spices and stuff, and you put in a bowl and gie it to the cooks and they cook it in front of you in this big circle grill. Cool stuff.

When I'm out and stuff the only food I eat is fast food. I only like a few things. I like chicken. I always order a chicken sandwich whether it's McDonalds, Burger King or even Applebees and Chilis. It's hard to mess up Chilis. I won't get a fast food burger. Well...maybe if it's Carls Jr or maybe Jack in the Box if I'm hungry but thinkinh about it makes me sick. And I'll eat anything homecooked. I may not like it all but I'll eat it. I don't like fish really either.

I love italian and Mexican food though. My mom is half Mexican and her grandma taught her how to cook real good Mexican food. And Italians have the best food on the planet. Love that stuff.
    Your a fool amat...

Have you ever had the 'Spicy Chicken' sandwhich at Wendys?
    I really recommend it....
    Probably the best one out of all those fast food places...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Othe places I go to is:
    My town has 2 Quiznos, 2 Togos and 3 Subways and it's not even a big town. The newest of the Quiznos is definitely the best. I love the meatball sub there.
    You know I tried Togos but just didn't like it for some reason....

Thread Information