Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: John Duddy: “March 16th is going to be a tremendous night for the fans!”

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default John Duddy: “March 16th is going to be a tremendous night for the fans!”

http://doghouseboxing.com/Henderson/...son_022607.htm

John Duddy 18-0 (15) tries to continue his winning ways when he faces off against the former Contender contestant Anthony Bonsante 29-8-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: John Duddy: “March 16th is going to be a tremendous night for the fans!”

You do know he's not fighting the day after so he can go out painting the town green and celebrate another KO on paddys night..

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: John Duddy: “March 16th is going to be a tremendous night for the fans!”

....he has to get piss drunk the next day....I feel sorry for Bonsante getting between an irishman and his booze.....may God have mercy on him!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After this fight he will be ready for a top ten fighter he has talent thats for sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Duddy is very exciting fighter, good offensively. He needs to work on his defense if he really wants to step up to the upper echelon of the division. In his fight with Campas he got hit WAY to much, and he cant keep getting hit like that.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's going to make pretty easy work of Bonsante. He did get hit too much from Campas, but IMO he eventually figured out that he needed to box more in that fight, and once he realized that, he showed some defense and skills. He got himself dragged into a war in that fight and really played to Campas strenghts for the first 6 or so rounds. Bonsante won't present as much of a challenge. He doesn't have Campas's chin or power. Duddy will to walk right through him and then go hit the pubs.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bonsante doesn't seem to mind taking an ass whippin does he?
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Bonsante doesn't seem to mind taking an a** whippin does he?
    To an extent I guess... Although he fought Green in his next fight after McCrary pretty much KOed him, and is taking on Duddy after Campas basically exposed him and hurt him.. It's not as if they are insane fights to take, against guys who aren't capable of slipping up and losing to far inferior fighters.. Granted Bonsante's pretty mediocre and he'll probably get flattened, but in terms of if he were to ever get a good win, you have to say he's taking the right fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    To an extent I guess... Although he fought Green in his next fight after McCrary pretty much KOed him, and is taking on Duddy after Campas basically exposed him and hurt him.. It's not as if they are insane fights to take, against guys who aren't capable of slipping up and losing to far inferior fighters.. Granted Bonsante's pretty mediocre and he'll probably get flattened, but in terms of if he were to ever get a good win, you have to say he's taking the right fights.
    I disagree that Duddy got "exposed." He was fighting a motivated, formerly world class, veteran in his 18th professional fight. He tried to walk through him like he was able to walk through his earlier fights and ended up in a war. He got cut and rocked, recovered, adjusted, and went on to win the fight. To me, it exposed his heart, toughness, and ability to listen to his corner and adjust. The Campas fight was a necessary lesson in his development.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Duddy/Campas fight made a good impression on me about Duddy. He showed developing skills, a solid chin, and the one thing you cant teach heart. I think with a few more fights and the realization that he cant walk through everybody we will be seeing a vastly (boxing skills wise) better fighter. He is at least talking about doing the right things in the Bonsante fight, using the jab, setting up punches. I think by late 08 we will be seeing somebody that will be knocking on the elite door.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SeanE
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    I disagree that Duddy got "exposed." He was fighting a motivated, formerly world class, veteran in his 18th professional fight. He tried to walk through him like he was able to walk through his earlier fights and ended up in a war. He got cut and rocked, recovered, adjusted, and went on to win the fight. To me, it exposed his heart, toughness, and ability to listen to his corner and adjust. The Campas fight was a necessary lesson in his development.

Man, Duddy was exposed against Alfredo Cuevas. I remember being impressed with Duddy vs Campas (just remember duddy showed good chin and heart)

but then I saw his fight vs Cuevas and Duddy looked horrible, one-dimensional, WAY to easy to hit. The only thing that saved him was his jab. Duddy has good power, good jab, always comes forward, chin and heart but he's a stupid fighter. He takes way to much abuse and has no defense. He's also not going to be hard to figure out when he tries moving up the ladder more.

However, I always thought Bonstante looked like a prick and I look forward to seeing Duddy beat his ass. I would say Duddy has a 100% chance of KOing bonstante.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Cuevas fight was before the Campas fight. Sure, both fights showed things that Duddy needs to work on. I fought pretty stupid in the beginning of the Campas fight, too, but he started to smarten up in the middle/late. Like you said, he has a jab, a good jab and that can count for a lot. He's still under 20 fights and nobody is saying that he's ready for the upper echelon yet. I dunno. To me, when I hear "exposed" it sounds to me like a fighter is being called overrated/overhyped/never-will-make-it. I agree that he has had some weaknesses revealed, but I don't see him as finished product. That being said, he has already beaten some decent fighters, and if he continues to develop, he's going to be very, very good in the year or two.

Thread Information