Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merchant May As Well Have "Baby Batter or Man Goo" Dripping From His Chin

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Merchant May As Well Have "Baby Batter or Man Goo" Dripping From His Chin

I'm am so damn sick of this man's nuttlicking of Wladimir that I want to throw up. Did anyone just see, not only his @ss kissing post fight interview, but his following nutthugging closing thought? This is disgusting!

Edited by Wacko.

Figured "baby batter" or maybe even "Man Goo" was better than semen as a title.

Cheers. Heh heh heh.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Merchant May As Well Have Semen Dripping From His Chin

He's known as Backdoor Merchant

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashcrusher
    I'm am so damn sick of this man's nuttlicking of Wladimir that I want to throw up. Did anyone just see, not only his @ss kissing post fight interview, but his following nutthugging closing thought? This is disgusting!
    wow didn't even know the fight had happened yet, I take it he won then. Thanks for spoiling :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember a few months back when Merchant called Wladimir a 'beautiful man?' Any other champion taking on a joke of a challenger like this, no matter if it was a forced mandatory, Merchant would be attacking them, but with Wlad, it's, "Well Wlad, I know he's a mandatory, but still, you looked great." This guy's so biased HBO should give him the pink slip.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Merchant's got previous for this type of behaviour

[youtube=425,350]1vRj3jq31dA[/youtube]

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha that was freakin hilarious!!

I love Larry's little smile as Ricky's running his fingers through his hair!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When are they going to give this FARKWIT the ARSE? Him and that Tim Smith are the 2 thickest blokes i have ever heard interview people! Moronic idiots they are! PLEEEEEEEEASE, just once, can a boxer lash out and drop these idiots!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love it. For years people have been complaining about Merchant being a grouch and being too negative, now he's kissing a** too much.

Just goes to show you, if you stick around long enough, eventually everyone will find a reason to not like you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    I love it. For years people have been complaining about Merchant being a grouch and being too negative, now he's kissing a** too much.

Just goes to show you, if you stick around long enough, eventually everyone will find a reason to not like you.

That's not the point being made. The point being made is that he's biased. He praises a fighter who everyone knows he is fond of for the exact same thing he trys to rip other fighters apart for. I know Merchant is extremely knowledgeable, but he's extremely unprofessional, and even moreso in showing this is his clear bitterness towards any pro or former pro boxer who happens to be commentating along side him. He's extremely rude to Lennox for no other reason than being bitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skyler

That's not the point being made. The point being made is that he's biased. He praises a fighter who everyone knows he is fond of for the exact same thing he trys to rip other fighters apart for. I know Merchant is extremely knowledgeable, but he's extremely unprofessional, and even moreso in showing this is his clear bitterness towards any pro or former pro boxer who happens to be commentating along side him. He's extremely rude to Lennox for no other reason than being bitter.
    This is so true and believe it or not, is the only reason I don't really like Merchant. I actually respect him for grilling fighters in interviews because I hate so many of these butt kissing sports interviewers, but Larry does seem extremely insecure around athletes who have a million times more money than he does who call the fight with him. Just last week during the Cotto fight, when Cotto bent over and picked his opponent up on his shoulder and Lennox mentioned that that shows strength, Merchant obnoxiously responded, "I don't see any strength in that, Lennox." Making it a point to say Lennox's name after, which as we all know is what people do when they're trying to be a d!ck. He did it at least 2 times to Lennox tonight as well, and we all know how he was with Jones and Foreman. He tries to show up these guys who are doing their best just to call a fight along side 2 people who have done it for over 30 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree. The reason Merchant got into arguments with Lennox or Foreman is because neither of them was a good announcer. Lennox brings nothing to the table. And don't even get me started on Foreman. If you asked me to list the 10 dumbest things I've ever heard a sports commentator say, I bet 6 or 7 of them would be Foreman quotes.

I thought Roy Jones was pretty good as an announcer. And Merchant and Jones had their arguments, but that goes with the territory, Merchant has had arguments with Lampley too. If someone says something he thinks is inaccurate, he's paid to question it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree. The reason Merchant got into arguments with Lennox or Foreman is because neither of them was a good announcer. Lennox brings nothing to the table. And don't even get me started on Foreman. If you asked me to list the 10 dumbest things I've ever heard a sports commentator say, I bet 6 or 7 of them would be Foreman quotes.

I thought Roy Jones was pretty good as an announcer. And Merchant and Jones had their arguments, but that goes with the territory, Merchant has had arguments with Lampley too. If someone says something he thinks is inaccurate, he's paid to question it.
    Man you know just as well as I do that's not what goes on. There's a difference between correcting someone for stating something inaccurate and being an @sshole. If someone says so and so fought someone before and he's mistaken, then it's understandable to correct them. That's completely different from shooting down an innocent statement, as you'll find NO other commentator in sports who does this, because it's unprofessional. And one thing you can't deny is how clean explained that Merchant purposely says the guys name after bitter remark. Everyone knows he does it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skyler

Man you know just as well as I do that's not what goes on. There's a difference between correcting someone for stating something inaccurate and being an @sshole. If someone says so and so fought someone before and he's mistaken, then it's understandable to correct them. That's completely different from shooting down an innocent statement, as you'll find NO other commentator in sports who does this, because it's unprofessional. And one thing you can't deny is how clean explained that Merchant purposely says the guys name after bitter remark. Everyone knows he does it.
    Geez, you'd think Lennox, Roy and George were 5 years old. I'm sure they can handle it when someone calls them out by name.
    Come on, this isn't etiquette and manners class, it's a boxing telecast. The third man on the broadcast gets paid plenty of money, whether it's Foreman or Jones or Lewis. Getting called out on incorrect statements is part of the job description. They know what they're getting into when they agree to take the job.

Merchant doesn't get into arguments often with Steward, and it has nothing to do with Steward not being a fighter, it's because Steward very rarely says something that's incorrect. Just about everything he says make logical sense.

And like I said before, he gets into arguments with Lampley as well. Watch some of DLH fights from the late 90's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually, you should be able to see that if one guy is getting into arguments with every damn person who sits beside him, the problem is most likely with that one guy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Samson3000
    Actually, you should be able to see that if one guy is getting into arguments with every damn person who sits beside him, the problem is most likely with that one guy
    CC. Give the geezer the boot

Thread Information