Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: who is your number 1 at moment

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best of british who is your number 1 at moment

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default best of british who is your number 1 at moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: best of british who is your number 1 at moment

I gotta say Hatton and Calzaghe as the best right now with an honourable mention to both Witter and Woods - they are fast becoming a couple of my favourite fighters to watch and Im very impressed with the improvements theyve been showing in their last few fights. I dont see how anyone could even consider any of our current heavyweights as a British number one as none of them are consistent enough.. Khan and Mitchell - not yet but both have a very bright future ahead of them and I really think David Haye is about to hit the big time quite possibly winning belts at both cruiser and heavy weight.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its got to be Hatton for me. Joe may be the better fighter but he is doing nothign to prove it. Hatton at least is going about things the right way.

Loads of respect for Woods and I think Haye's lay it all on the line approach is a real breath of fresh air.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah I agree with that. Ricky is more willing to make the big fights than Joe, I mean Calzaghe may be the more talented boxer but he's not made the same kind of effort that Ricky has. Ricky's fought his last few fights in America, moved up in weight and beaten the linear unidsputed champion, which is more than Joe Calzaghe's done.

Clinton Woods is a great fighter with tons of heart and is worth watching every time he fights. David Haye is probably the most interesting heavyweight prospect in the world, he has heavyweight power, fast hands and a lot of class, but also has question marks about his chin and stamina, which should make an exciting combination. Looking forward to seeing how far he can go, because the heavyweight division needs a saviour and David appears to fit the bill.

What about Jamie Moore then? why isn't he in the list? He's top european level at the moment and with a couple of wins I think he could break into world class.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign
    yeah I agree with that. Ricky is more willing to make the big fights than Joe, I mean Calzaghe may be the more talented boxer but he's not made the same kind of effort that Ricky has. Ricky's fought his last few fights in America, moved up in weight and beaten the linear unidsputed champion, which is more than Joe Calzaghe's done.

Clinton Woods is a great fighter with tons of heart and is worth watching every time he fights. David Haye is probably the most interesting heavyweight prospect in the world, he has heavyweight power, fast hands and a lot of class, but also has question marks about his chin and stamina, which should make an exciting combination. Looking forward to seeing how far he can go, because the heavyweight division needs a saviour and David appears to fit the bill.

What about Jamie Moore then? why isn't he in the list? He's top european level at the moment and with a couple of wins I think he could break into world class.
    theres so many of them mate cant remember em all ill add him now though

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Its got to be Hatton for me. Joe may be the better fighter but he is doing nothign to prove it. Hatton at least is going about things the right way.

Loads of respect for Woods and I think Haye's lay it all on the line approach is a real breath of fresh air.

Bang on mate
    Joe is seemingly just treading water even going backwards while Hatton is out in the states living the dream
    Woods and Haye will fight anyone and Haye going for a Heavy speaks volumes imo!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The problem comparing Hatton with Calzaghe is their ages, divisions and Calzaghe got his best win late in his career whilst Hattons came in his pomp. Actually their wins are pretty similar but in reverse situations.

Calzaghe's been THE BEST in a poor supermiddle division for years. Only recently the Lacys and Kesslers turned up as worthy, exciting challengers. Remember, he was meant to leave SM a few years ago - How many times did he get injured before the proposed Glen Johnson fight again? 50? 60?

Hatton, on the other hand, was one of the lesser lights in his division before pulling off the brilliant upset win over Kostya.

I rate Calzaghe no. 1 through longevity if anything

But should Hatton beat Castillo he'll definetly go no. 1....probably nothing Calzaghe could do to surpass him on the all time lists either.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm slowly losing respect for Joe if im honest

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perfectly understandable, mate...Lacy win = brilliant

To then follow it up with Bika and the sacrificial lamb is an absolute joke...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky Hatton.

Although his last couple of outings have not been vintage Ricky, he is on HBO and fighting in vegas - even carrying Barrera's sombrero into the ring for him.

After Jamie Moore's epic, i would slot him into 2nd purely for thrills & spills.

Froch in 3rd, with his chilling stoppage of Brian magee with a snapped thumb, but his Dodson show-down was anti-climax, although not Froch's fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch is no 1. Calzaghe wont fight him.
    He is no 3 WBC rankings. This is the best belt to win.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guess that makes Witter the top man in the country then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    Yep you got it. Hatton is shit scared of witter

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyTree
    Froch is no 1. Calzaghe wont fight him.
    He is no 3 WBC rankings. This is the best belt to win.
    just because calzaghe wont supposedly fight froch that doesnt automatically make him number 1 i mean who has he fought to get number 1 spot ?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyTree
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    Yep you got it. Hatton is shit scared of witter
    He'll happily share a ring with Tszyu and Castillo but he's scared of Witter
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information