Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Question about Windows Updates.

EVERY FWOCKING night I turn my PC off,Windows asks if I want to install updates. Well over the last few weeks,they have taken up over 1,5 gig of free space and now,I get an update note EVERY NIGHT!! So I was wondering,are they really necessary? What would happen if I uninstalled some? Has anyone heere ignored them? PLease help,cc's for any replies!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Question about Windows Updates.

Well thats strange that the updates are taking up so much space. Normally when you install updates it will remove whatever old files/programs it is replacing but there shouldn't be a change in your gig's..... Are you sure about the gig difference?

When I get the update reminder it's usually when I'm turning it off It tells me WIndows is ready/Windows has found an update would you like to install now or later? (If you install now Windows will automatically shut down once finished) I always click update but I've never seen a big change in my drive as far as gig's.

Well you can only ignore the updates for so long cause sometimes you'll wan't to open a link or sometype of file and your version of java or something like that won't support it...... If I'm not mistaken you can google 'Latest Windows Update' and download that and install it see if that works......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Question about Windows Updates.

Im 90% certain and I was shocked its' taken so much space too but I had like 3 gigs free,then 1 night,i installed an update,woke up the next morning and I had much much less space and that tredn has continued for the last month!! It's just eating away the space!!! I can't even fwocking download that Pernell ESPN shoW!!!

Thread Information