Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Carl Froch turns down a fight against Bute

Well it looks like Froch turned down the opportunity to fight Lucian Bute in an IBF title eliminator in June.

He is not the only one. Lacy, Inkin and Braehmer also turned down the fight.

why?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Froch turns down a fight against Bute

Where did you get this from mate?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

News to me.
    What is your source Maxime?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Maxime1
    Well it looks like Froch turned down the opportunity to fight Lucian Bute in an IBF title eliminator in June.

He is not the only one. Lacy, Inkin and Braehmer also turned down the fight.

why?

where did you here this cant find any news on other websites?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think so kid.

How do i put this? my source is very reliable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://fightnews.ca/2007/news/interbox20070314.htm
    Bute to fight elimination in June

by Dave Spencer, FightNews Canada
    2007-03-14

Top ranked super-middleweight contender Lucian Bute has forgone his scheduled March 23rd fight in Montreal and will instead fight an IBF elimination bout for the mandatory top spot in the division against an unnamed opponent this coming June. Bute's unavailability coupled with an injury to light-heavyweight Adrian Diaconu who was to have squared off versus Rico Hoye in a WBC title eliminator has forced cancellation to the card that was to draw close to 10,000 spectators at the city's Bell Centre. An ankle injury to Diaconu's right foot has forced the Romanian born boxer to delay his fight with Hoye to May 14th or 15th.

Bute (19-0 16KO) who is ranked top four by all four major sanctioning organizations (#2-WBC/IBF/WBO #4-IBF) was notified following the recent Robert Stieglitz-Alejandro Berrio IBF championship bout where Berrio won the vacant title by third round stoppage to take part in an elimination bout. The only condition was that Bute could not participate in any interim bouts, a provision that has knocked more than a few ranked opponents from the running. Names such as Froch, Lacy, Inkin, Braehmer all have been deemed to be unavailable according to Bute's trainer Stephane Larouche saying, "I believe that this is an opportunity that we could not let slip away. We thought about it day and night and evaluated every single option. Interbox's objective was to present world championship bouts to its fans in 2007 and we are convinced that the IBF is the best avenue to carry Lucian Bute towards a world title as of this year."

http://fightnews.ca/2007/news/bute20070315.htm
    Bika likely candidate for Bute

by Dave Spencer, FightNews Canada
    2007-03-15

With virtually all candidates either injured, occupied or refusing the opportunity; former two-time title challenger Sakio Bika is quickly emerging as the leading candidate to face IBF top ranked Lucian Bute in an elimination fight scheduled for June. The Cameroon native who fights out of Australia is presently in Denmark as a sparring partner for Mikkel Kessler and was scheduled to appear on the undercard of next Saturday's championship fight with Librado Andrade. According to IBF rules, anybody who is deemed available for an elimination fight cannot fight in an interim fight. The rule has knocked out potential candidates such as Carl Froch and David Gogiya from the equation.

When reached for comment yesterday, Bute's trainer Stephane Larouche felt that the scheduled fight for Bika that originally had him pitted against Evans Ashira wasn't of great importance and that he could conceivably see him pulling out of it. Sure enough, word out of Denmark this morning has Ashira now fighting in Germany in April and Bika suffering with a sore shoulder, severely jeopardizing the March 24th date.

A former middleweight, Bika (22-2-2 14KO) twice fought for top honours at 168 pounds last year. His first bout with then WBC champ Markus Beyer ended prematurely in a technical draw with a cut suffered by Beyer. Next time out, Bika forced Joe Calzaghe the distance as the long time WBO champ made his 19th title defense. His last fight in February, Bika pounded out a one-sided twelve round decision over Andre Thysse, much the same result that Bute had with the South African last year.

Also limiting the possible choices for Bute is an IBF rules that eliminates potential candidates who have suffered a knockout in their last fight. This would eliminate such names as former champion Markus Beyer, Sergei Tatevosyan who Bute defeated in his last fight, and Rudy Markussen. With Dennis Inkin and Jurgen Brahmer saying no, Jeff Lacy being injured, the potential of a Bika-Bute matchup is looking more and more likely.

Thinking ahead, present champion Alejandro Berrio has the opportunity of fighting an optional defense before July 2nd. Being controlled by German promoter Sauerland, a potential matchup with Markus Beyer is a definite possibility. Quebec fans still lament the controversial decision that went against their local hero Eric Lucas four years ago. "Things happen for a reason," said Larouche, "This has the potential to be a real Cinderella story."

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well that STILL does not prove that Butes Manager REALLY contacted Lacys, Inkins or Frochs people. Hes saying he did, but you know how many articles like this one I've read where managers/representatives say they contacted someone and then it turns out they didn't? I've even seen on camera interviews where they'll say 'Yeah! we called them they turned us down" all it is, is a back and forth fight of words and he said, she said.

I personally doubt that either Inkin or Froch would turn down a fight with Bute and to be honest I think they both beat Bute. Especially Inkin I think he dances circles around Bute....
    Lacy possibly due to his rotator cuff injury on his shoulder would probably be why they turned down a fight.
    Brahemer not sure on him as I haven't followed him much.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh yeah! Almost forgot heres Cool Click#2 on me and 'Welcome to Casa de Saddos' hope you enjoy! your stay here.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jurgen Braemher, when he get's his sh*t together is a great fighter.

But he's had some difficult periods recently.

Denis Inkin is great boxer too, just because he's not a household name don't mean he ain't something 'a little bit special' - he is.

There is a lot of bluster around Bute at present.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Well that STILL does not prove that Butes Manager REALLY contacted Lacys, Inkins or Frochs people. Hes saying he did, but you know how many articles like this one I've read where managers/representatives say they contacted someone and then it turns out they didn't? I've even seen on camera interviews where they'll say 'Yeah! we called them they turned us down" all it is, is a back and forth fight of words and he said, she said.

I personally doubt that either Inkin or Froch would turn down a fight with Bute and to be honest I think they both beat Bute. Especially Inkin I think he dances circles around Bute....
    Lacy possibly due to his rotator cuff injury on his shoulder would probably be why they turned down a fight.
    Brahemer not sure on him as I haven't followed him much.
    Bute's promoter didnt contact anyone.

The IBF did.

Beside, Bute-Bika is now official!

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...kYZPJQGpn.html

Bika, Bute enter negotiations!

Friday, March 16 2007

Two-time super middleweight title challenger Sakio Bika (22-2-2, 14 KOs) has accepted an invitation by the IBF to fight the undefeated Lucian Bute (19-0, 16 KOs) in an IBF elimination bout. Team Bika (represented by Jeff Fenech) and Lucian Bute (represented by InterBox) have until April 6th come to terms. As already announced, InterBox plans to present this mega fight at the Montreal Bell Centre on June 15th. However, if both Camps are unable to agree on who will promote the bout by April 6th, the IBF will order a purse bid.

Lacy, Froch, Inkin, Braehmer, Gogiya, Beyer and Tatevosyan either turned down the opportunity, were unavailable or didnt qualify for this eliminator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for the info Maxime - but dont start thread saying 'froch turned down bute' - 'cos thats incorrect.

With regards Bika, he's a durable bu 1 dimesional fighter.

Bute is compared to Calzaghe, so we'll get a measure of him.

Likewise Froch can be measured against Tatavosyan.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Mini Gomez showing the early signs of a cheeky little right hook mate?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    Is Mini Gomez showing the early signs of a cheeky little right hook mate?
    Haha yes kid!

I have a suprise for you smash soon

I will PM in the next couple of days!

By the way, Froch is having a presser in Nottingham at Revolution bar (Russian - Vodka geddit?)

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice one fella
    Down some Vodka for me then mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where did you get that from mate. cos you are talking out your arse.
    Whats the point in posting bullshit stories that you have dreamed.

Thread Information