Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Very nice interview with Bob Arum

http://boxingtalk.com/pag/article11554.html

Talks about Pacman,Antonio Margarito,and some other topics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Very nice interview with Bob Arum

for a guy who is a lawyer from harvard, arum sure as hell contradicts himself, "people are fed up with the crop of fighters around that are showcased by HBO, they have been around so long and are past their prime". mentions hopkins and mosley in his argument. Later about the Pacquio PPV card he says he hopes to get Tommy Morrison if his ribs heal. I think age is catching up with Bob as he can't even defend his BS anymore.
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chamiley
    for a guy who is a lawyer from harvard, arum sure as hell contradicts himself, "people are fed up with the crop of fighters around that are showcased by HBO, they have been around so long and are past their prime". mentions hopkins and mosley in his argument. Later about the Pacquio PPV card he says he hopes to get Tommy Morrison if his ribs heal. I think age is catching up with Bob as he can't even defend his BS anymore.
    My favourite ever Arum quote was when he said that 'When the future history books are written, and they talk about the great heavyweights of modern times, they will mention 3 Top Rank fighters, Muhammed Ali, George Foreman and...................Hasim Rahman'.

Makes me chuckle every time I think about it :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by chamiley
    My favourite ever Arum quote was when he said that 'When the future history books are written, and they talk about the great heavyweights of modern times, they will mention 3 Top Rank fighters, Muhammed Ali, George Foreman and...................Hasim Rahman'.

Makes me chuckle every time I think about it :P
    yeah, i was just about to write the same thing. arum calling Rahman one of the great heavyweights in the last many years is a pure case of someone insulting our intelligence. sleazy shitt.

Thread Information