Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Manfredo Jr. vs Calzaghe

Some say Manfredo Jr. is not in the same class as Joe, I like Manfredo Jr. (underdog). Will Joe Calzaghe go down as one of the greatest pound for pound fighters ever if he retires an undefeated super middle-weight or does he just need to go to another weight class and prove he should be regarded as such?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manfredo Jr. vs Calzaghe

if he fights and beats the winner of HOPKINS-WRIGHT he goes down as one of the greats

no question whatsoever

i heard thats the plan as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins wont go near him . Its the fight they should be having now instead of WW - BH which will be a polite affair but actually prove nothing to anyone at this stage of their careers .

Hopkins - Calzaghe would be a much better fight more exciting and Calzaghe would force Hopkins to answer questions of himself that Winky Wright could never hope to ask .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by petem
    if he fights and beats the winner of HOPKINS-WRIGHT he goes down as one of the greats

no question whatsoever

IF HE BEATS A 41 YEAR OLD HE IS GREAT LOL
    DONT MAKE ME LAUGH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by althetruthhindley

no question whatsoever

DONT MAKE ME LAUGH
    JOE himself is 35-36 !!

they are at the same stage of their careers, HOPKINS coming off one his best ever performance against TARVER and CALZAGHE coming off one his best ever performance against LACY

remember CALZAGHE destroyed EUBANK 10 whole years ago, HOPKINS was unknown until the TITO fight in 01

plus if HOPKINS can beat WINKY then he's far from washed up, he's already proven age is just a number with him

ICB Guest

no question whatsoever

DONT MAKE ME LAUGH
    well he beat crap out of tarver at 40+ hopkins is sort of guy that has got better with age

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe needs to confirm that he is the best current super middleweight before he starts thinking about anything else.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckling Gordy

Hopkins wont go near him . Its the fight they should be having now instead of WW - BH which will be a polite affair but actually prove nothing to anyone at this stage of their careers .

Hopkins - Calzaghe would be a much better fight more exciting and Calzaghe would force Hopkins to answer questions of himself that Winky Wright could never hope to ask .

Are you crazy?
    Hopkins wont go near clzaghe?... Calzaghe is the one with no names on the record...
    Who is jc fighting...Manfredo!
    Who is bhop fighting...Winky!!

Winky is top 3 p4p..Manfredo does not match up..And neither does joe..
    Bernard has nothing to prove... While joe has proved nothing!
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Joe needs to confirm that he is the best current super middleweight before he starts thinking about anything else.
    he's been the consensus number one super middleweight for 10 years

last year he beat the joint number one super middleweight, LACY and CALZAGHE were considered the top two by miles

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

last year he beat the joint number one super middleweight, LACY and CALZAGHE were considered the top two by miles
    But who cares what Miles thinks? He thought Morales would beat Pacquiao in their third fight

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo

But who cares what Miles thinks? He thought Morales would beat Pacquiao in their third fight
    haha that made me ;laugh, nice play on words

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no question whatsoever

DONT MAKE ME LAUGH
    JOE himself is 35-36 !!

they are at the same stage of their careers, HOPKINS coming off one his best ever performance against TARVER and CALZAGHE coming off one his best ever performance against LACY

remember CALZAGHE destroyed EUBANK 10 whole years ago, HOPKINS was unknown until the TITO fight in 01

plus if HOPKINS can beat WINKY then he's far from washed up, he's already proven age is just a number with him

[/quote]

Between the above two quotes, I've never heard so much bullshite in my life. At least Petem's last sentence is correct.

First off, if B-Hop wanted Tarver at 175, do you really think he's afraid of Joe at 168? Hell no. B-Hop fights ATG's. Calzaghe has never fought one ATG. Sorry, Eubank was good, but no ATG. As far as Hopkins getting famous off Trinidad in '01, that's BS. He was known years before that, and as far as Joe C, no one knew who he was until the Lacy fight in '06, Most people still don't. I could ask most of my friends who aren't really into boxing who Bernard Hopkins is, and they would know that he's a boxer. If I asked them who Joe Calzaghe is, they'll ask me if he's Chef Boyardee's assitant. And as far as boxing fan's opinions of Joe pre-Lacy, they didn't think that he and Lacy were lapping the field. They thought Lacy was lapping the field, and that Joe C was a protected Euro-champ who should hold a Commonwealth belt, not even a piece of Alpha-crap. I still hold that opinion. I swear, I haven't seen someone get so much play off beating an ill-prepared fighter since Buster Douglas. All that happened is that Lacy had a Tyson-sized meltdown, and it made Joe C look like Superman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Brockton Bomber

no question whatsoever

DONT MAKE ME LAUGH
    JOE himself is 35-36 !!

Between the above two quotes, I've never heard so much bullshite in my life. At least Petem's last sentence is correct.

First off, if B-Hop wanted Tarver at 175, do you really think he's afraid of Joe at 168? Hell no. B-Hop fights ATG's. Calzaghe has never fought one ATG. Sorry, Eubank was good, but no ATG. As far as Hopkins getting famous off Trinidad in '01, that's BS. He was known years before that, and as far as Joe C, no one knew who he was until the Lacy fight in '06, Most people still don't. I could ask most of my friends who aren't really into boxing who Bernard Hopkins is, and they would know that he's a boxer. If I asked them who Joe Calzaghe is, they'll ask me if he's Chef Boyardee's assitant. And as far as boxing fan's opinions of Joe pre-Lacy, they didn't think that he and Lacy were lapping the field. They thought Lacy was lapping the field, and that Joe C was a protected Euro-champ who should hold a Commonwealth belt, not even a piece of Alpha-crap. I still hold that opinion. I swear, I haven't seen someone get so much play off beating an ill-prepared fighter since Buster Douglas. All that happened is that Lacy had a Tyson-sized meltdown, and it made Joe C look like Superman.
    [/quote]

Over here in the UK most people don't even know who floyd mayweather is let alone hopkins. BUT they DO know who joe calzaghe it's just a country thing... our fighters get promoted in our country alot while your fighters don't get that much over here and vice versa.

can't argue with your other points though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You've never read so much bullshit ? Welcome to my world where certain [posters seem to inhabit an alternative sphere of reality .

Can i please ask you a question BB?

Who did you back prior to the fight Calzaghe or Lacy ?

Lacy the world champion and Olympian , 4-1 on favourite distinguished amatuer pedigree ?

All of a sudden a shit fighter ? You've dismissed a fighter like Lacy as completely out of his depth somebody who should never have been there as if he was some accidental champion who got lucky !!

So thats why he went to the olympics is it and why he won a world title in 20th fight ?

Im also not suggesting for one minute that Lacy was an alltime great something you try to imply in your misguided ill informed complete non starter of a post !!!

What i was trying to say was that he was regarded as Americas next big thing a view widely held in America , something your all to quick to forget .

Also Brockton as ive said countless times and please read this carefully

Joe Calzaghe signed to fight Bernard Hopkins
    at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff.

Frank Warren went on the record to say that Hopkins
    Bottled it !

That was way before the Tarver fight ..............FACT .

Hopkins was offered 4 MILLION .........................FACT .

He was offered the fight in America ...................FACT .

Try telling me something that is not your opinion without resorting to your childish insults .

Hopkins want nothing to do with anyone
    who can back him up , for evidence watch
    his 2 complete non affairs with Jermain Taylor .

Hopkins is a bottle job .................................FACT .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually Captain Jack, when the Lacy/Calzaghe fight went down, I was working 70 hours a week, and had no clue that the fight was going down, so I didn't really pick anyone to win. Had I, I probably would have favored Lacy.

Second, I didn't say Lacy was out of his depth. He had a bad night. Prior to the fight, Lacy was having problems with his trainer and promoter, and I'm sure his momma and girlfriend were mad at him.

Third, I don't know what from my post led you to believe that I thought you were saying Lacy was an ATG. That's not what I was inmplying. Even someone with your limited knowledge of the game wouldn't be that misguided.

You might try reading the actual post you're responding to, prior to responding.

PS- Hopkins has never been afraid of someone who could back him up. If you are, you don't fight Trinidad, Tarver, and chase a non-shot RJJ around for years.

Thread Information