Thread: Erik Morales-David Diaz officially set for August 4 in Chicago

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ~Erik Morales vs. David Diaz on July 15th~ NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

This is like that scene in Jerry Maguire where the hockey player he reps is in the hospital and Jerry is talking about how he'll be back in the rink in no time even though it was like the 3rd time the guy had been knocked unconscious. I feel like the little kid who only wants him to be all right.
    Oops

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    David Diaz is no Manny Pacquiao. David Diaz isn't even a Zahir Raheem. Morales is gonna win.
    OK....
    Even if he does beat the overrated Diaz, who does he fight after that?

Like I said this isn't about the boxing part of this, this is about someone hwo rested then trained for months in preparation to fight Pac came back and looked good for 2 and 3 quarter rounds.... Hardly a sign that hes in good shape....

The worst part about this is that Erik will now decorate someone elses record if he looses even if hes past his best days....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

David Diaz is no Manny Pacquiao. David Diaz isn't even a Zahir Raheem. Morales is gonna win.
    I think you hit the nail on the head there . Even if Erik is shot to sh*t , the point is David Diaz is useless . The legit champ is Joel Casamayor but Erik wouldnt go near him , instead he finds himself with a less than formiddable opponent and an opportunity to make history . If anything its a wise move by Erik cuz he's got nothing to lose . It wont effect his legacy as he's already on a losing streak . I duno how 3 back to back losses qualifies you for a shot at the WBC championship in a higher weight but he's got it and its a winnable fight .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    OK....

Like I said this isn't about the boxing part of this, this is about someone hwo rested then trained for months in preparation to fight Pac came back and looked good for 2 and 3 quarter rounds.... Hardly a sign that hes in good shape....

The worst part about this is that Erik will now decorate someone elses record if he looses even if hes past his best days....
    I don't want him to fight after this. I want him to win just to prove everyone wrong and retire
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK....

I don't want him to fight after this. I want him to win just to prove everyone wrong and retire
    Wining 1 more fight proves what?
    That hes not done? IMO no,
    That he can win 1 more fight? OK, he wins still does not prove much just that he can win 1 more fight, then hes gonna wan't another fight next thing you know hes starting up looking at the venue lights....
    If he want's to win a fight then he should fight someone else, someone who posses ZERO threat to him....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK....

That he can win 1 more fight? OK, he wins still does not prove much just that he can win 1 more fight, then hes gonna wan't another fight next thing you know hes starting up looking at the venue lights....
    If he want's to win a fight then he should fight someone else, someone who posses ZERO threat to him....
    He'll have proved enough. And after he beats Diaz he'll walk off into the sunset and retire. It's the way it should be beating Diaz is that step to that

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK....

He'll have proved enough. And after he beats Diaz he'll walk off into the sunset and retire. It's the way it should be beating Diaz is that step to that
    I see what your saying and it makes sense but too me it's too much of a risk.
    But hey! if wining a fight he can retire in piece then he should go all out....
    I just would hate to see him loose then what?
    The loosing feeling gets worst?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK....

if he loses then he lost giving all he had, not shaking his head while sitting on the canvas, that image haunts me to this day

I want to see him win this fight and think, no, I know he will and then I want him to retire.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK....

if he loses then he lost giving all he had, not shaking his head while sitting on the canvas, that image haunts me to this day

I want to see him win this fight and think, no, I know he will and then I want him to retire.
    Majesty,
    Erik was a WARRIOR his whole career and I mean WHOLE career.....
    Some people have only seen Eriks fights from like when he fought Zaragoza and on thats just half of his career story he had some tremendous fights prior to that but not many people have seen...
    Hes never quit, hes always comeforward and stood toe to toe.....
    In his fight with Pac III, I wasn't angry or mad or sad about him loosing and in that manner cause for once in his boxing life he knew he had been beaten and he knew he had enough there was no need to get up and continue there was no reason to....
    When he sat there and shook his head towards his father, his father was yelling get up! get up!
    He did the right thing and funny how that image that haunts you reliefs me and makes me proud that for once in his boxing career REAGARDLESS of the warrior he was he knew it was time.....
    It really is funny how we can all interpret things differently....

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I agree Mick. I would think that if he stayed down, he probably knew it was done. A farewell fight is fine really but Diaz is a guy who Morales probably won't be knocking out, a guy who always gets stronger as the fight goes along and Morales is a guy who has been fading in fights and well it just doesn't spell well. And if he beats Diaz, you really think that he'll retire with a belt? The fact that he is taking this fight shows to me that he wants to continue on after the fight and went for the weakest strap holder he could find.

I've never been the biggest Morales fan, but he's given us countless thrilling fights through the years and I really don't want to see him carrying on like this.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Yeah I agree Mick. I would think that if he stayed down, he probably knew it was done. A farewell fight is fine really but Diaz is a guy who Morales probably won't be knocking out, a guy who always gets stronger as the fight goes along and Morales is a guy who has been fading in fights and well it just doesn't spell well. And if he beats Diaz, you really think that he'll retire with a belt? The fact that he is taking this fight shows to me that he wants to continue on after the fight and went for the weakest strap holder he could find.

I've never been the biggest Morales fan, but he's given us countless thrilling fights through the years and I really don't want to see him carrying on like this.
    CC#657
    It makes sense to go after Diaz as he is the weakest but still IMO posses a huge threat to Morales.
    Well said amat.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't like this Diaz fight, but I guess it's less dangerous than the alternative. I guarantee you that if Morales could still make 130 pounds, he'd make the mistake of challenging Marquez, so he could try to outdo Barrera.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    I don't like this Diaz fight, but I guess it's less dangerous than the alternative. I guarantee you that if Morales could still make 130 pounds, he'd make the mistake of challenging Marquez, so he could try to outdo Barrera.
    He'd sign to fight JMM in a heart beat....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bad move from EM,he needs to bring his magnificent career to an end. No need to absorb any more punishment whatsoever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just because Manny Pacquiao knocks you automatically makes you done
    We'll see what people will say when Morales beats Diaz.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Thread Information