Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Honestly...this is the one fight in history that I care not to cover...but who wins this one & h

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: You guessed it...It's Just Another one of Wacko's DRBR's! Calzaghe vs Manfredo!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: You guessed it...It's Just Another one of Wacko's DRBR's! Calzaghe vs Manfredo!

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    Larry Merchant is the MAN!!!!!!!!

I love when Calzaghe tried to pass the interview off to Frank Warren and Larry Just turned around and says " This is Frank Warren Joe Calzaghe's promoter who would like you to beliveve that Kesslers people sent back a letter rejecting a fight with Calzaghe this summer"

The look on Frank Warrens face was priceless.....That should be a new credit card commercial
    That was fwocken classic.....

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: You guessed it...It's Just Another one of Wacko's DRBR's! Calzaghe vs Manfre

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    OK Waren just said an offer went in to team Kessler for July and they said they cant fight in July so it will be made at a later date.

so they are looking for July and maybe Jermain Taylor

Manfredo said it was my first time in the ring and didnt rate Joes power.
    he told HBO that calzaghe isnt powerfull and he said that taylor, kessler, wright would all dominate him
    Manfredo is also a clown who will never amount to anything in boxing. His opinion has little bearing on my way of thinking!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: You guessed it...It's Just Another one of Wacko's DRBR's! Calzaghe vs Manfredo!

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    Larry Merchant is the MAN!!!!!!!!

I love when Calzaghe tried to pass the interview off to Frank Warren and Larry Just turned around and says " This is Frank Warren Joe Calzaghe's promoter who would like you to beliveve that Kesslers people sent back a letter rejecting a fight with Calzaghe this summer"

The look on Frank Warrens face was priceless.....That should be a new credit card commercial
    That was fwocken classic.....
    July is short notice for a super fight to betaken on. If the Kessler camp honestly cannot make a fight for July then Warren should consider August or even September. Just get the fecking fight made anyway possible!! For christs sakes!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: You guessed it...It's Just Another one of Wacko's DRBR's! Calzaghe vs Manfre

Quote Originally Posted by Swice
    Over on Peter Manfredo's website, they were promoting a party where the fight was going to be broadcast on close circuit television. Admission was 50 dollars. Everytime I think of all those people sitting in their chairs at the monet lounge, I can't stop laughing.

I bet they were really pissed.
    ha ha ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a crap stoppage, shame Manfredo will have to look back and think what if....

Cause you never know in boxing, you really never know, and i do think caslzaghe would have TKOed him 999 times out of 1000 but still, you gotta give the challenger a chance.
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just saw the fight on youtube. pathetic stoppage. now let's hope for a real fight with Joe C before too long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe Calzaghe is very good. Though he barely ever had to fight Peter Manfredo Jr. he did defeat him. Fair and square? Aaah, who cares. He made history in Wales. For a fight to be stopped in such a manner disgraces the sport but, aah who cares Joe defended his Title successfully for the twentieth time. Did Peter Manfredo Jr. ever have a chance maybe not but we'll never know. Joe Calzaghe will move on to bigger and better competition. We should've been watching Calzaghe vs. Kessler and everyone knows it. Including Calzaghe, but he would rather talk about Manfredo being a legitimate opponent and how he thought that he was really hurt than address the prospect of a truly deserving opponent. Meaning us as fans deserve to see a real fight. Peter Manfredo Jr. was not hurt. He was definately out gunned but the fight far from being over. I believe boxers should always strive to fight the stiffest competition and the promoters, referees, and everyone else involved that doesnt actually fight should strive to facilitate such. So we can demand better and more entertaining fights as fans. Joe Calzaghe is a great champion and no one has been able to take that away from him. But let the best fight the best. And let the fight be fought fully

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Poor stoppage BUT if the opponent is not fighting back,and JC is throwing punch after punch,the ref has no choice does he? I mean he looked confused!!! Wasn't a great fight but everyone knew that,it got JC's name out to the Amreican audience,thus achieveing it's purpose. What did everyone think of Khan?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hello
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PL
    Joe Calzaghe is very good. Though he barely ever had to fight Peter Manfredo Jr. he did defeat him. Fair and square? Aaah, who cares. He made history in Wales. For a fight to be stopped in such a manner disgraces the sport but, aah who cares Joe defended his Title successfully for the twentieth time. Did Peter Manfredo Jr. ever have a chance maybe not but we'll never know. Joe Calzaghe will move on to bigger and better competition. We should've been watching Calzaghe vs. Kessler and everyone knows it. Including Calzaghe, but he would rather talk about Manfredo being a legitimate opponent and how he thought that he was really hurt than address the prospect of a truly deserving opponent. Meaning us as fans deserve to see a real fight. Peter Manfredo Jr. was not hurt. He was definately out gunned but the fight far from being over. I believe boxers should always strive to fight the stiffest competition and the promoters, referees, and everyone else involved that doesnt actually fight should strive to facilitate such. So we can demand better and more entertaining fights as fans. Joe Calzaghe is a great champion and no one has been able to take that away from him. But let the best fight the best. And let the fight be fought fully
    I was going to go on some long rant about how Joe is the shiz & everyone should just STFU & deal because the man has proven himself no matter what...but you just summed it all up.

Congrats. Also...welcome to the forum. Have the Obligatory Wacko Welcome Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Poor stoppage BUT if the opponent is not fighting back,and JC is throwing punch after punch,the ref has no choice does he? I mean he looked confused!!! Wasn't a great fight but everyone knew that,it got JC's name out to the Amreican audience,thus achieveing it's purpose. What did everyone think of Khan?

Agreed. Joe fought his ass off for the small amount of time that he had to throw. He did his job...the ref half assed his job...not Joe's fault.

Painters were in my business today talking about how many times Calzaghe landed & how fast & smooth he was...so America in general got the point...which is what was supposed to be the what.

Calzaghe has & is the goods...anyone that is a boxing fan & refuses to admit it...well...then somethings wrong.

Thought Khan did well.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan fought a fucking pedistrian.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

well I'd add that those punches have to hit the target and the not back and shoulders of a guy who is ducking those punches.

while we're about it I'm glad I didn't pay to go see this 'event'. Someone making a killing of the backs of these shows.

of the top contenders we had an out of shape barenuckle boxer
    1 guy (24 wins? how! 5 ko's- so he's a real threat then) who threw 1 punch per round, ran like a rabbit and crumbled at the first meaningful attack. Fighting people you walk through won't help Khan in the long run.
    and Manfredo, yes he wouldn't have won but the fight should not have been stopped at that point.

Why does it seem that in the UK there is a trend starting where they build a up career to one big fight then look to retire when I see world class fighters looking to fight the best and stay at the top. $£

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beds
    how fit is joes bird
    Haha

Personally, i think she looks like a lady boy
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer
    Khan fought a F****** pedistrian.
    So what? He still hammered him out & the guy had some skills.

I'm curious as to why everyone wants to rush a prospect before he's ironed out all of his kinks.

Speakin of pedestrians...how bout that cat Joe fought?

Frank Warren everyone...let's give the man a hand!

Anywho...it's time to wash the sticky offa this thread & let the Oscar Mayweather DRBR rule the roost...seeing as how the mega-match is just around the corner & Wacko's gonna be sky high all the way to Vegas...let's hug it out.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Thread Information