Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tony Margarito is free!

I'll give you this, Margarito isnt ducking anyone. I will be the first to give him props if he does beat Williams, either way this will prove something for the winner, no matter what people say.I like the fact he is fighting to keep his belt rather than ditching it because he didnt like the mandatory, the people that do that are spineless, why even have belts if they dont stand for something.CC back to you, I have a mousepad...and a optical mouse, OLD SKOOL beeyatch!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Floyd ducked Tony to fight some old azz man who took a belt from another old azz shot fighter in Aruturo Shatti.
    How do you like them apples.
    Hmmm, I don't think Floyd ducked Margarito to fight Gatti, seeing that they were in 2 totally different weight classes at the time. Floyd was still at 140 when he fought Gatti.

Danny, this argument you're making is more wobbly than Miguel Cotto was against DeMarcus Corley.
    No he ducked Tony to fight BaldoSmear.
    My fault, I read your post incorrectly the first time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tony Margarito is free...to get his ass whupped by Williams!!!

Floyd ducked Tony to fight some old azz man who took a belt from another old azz shot fighter in Aruturo Shatti.
    Hmmm, I don't think Floyd ducked Margarito to fight Gatti, seeing that they were in 2 totally different weight classes at the time. Floyd was still at 140 when he fought Gatti.

Danny, this argument you're making is more wobbly than Miguel Cotto was against DeMarcus Corley.

If Floyd was avoiding Margarita, it was because he knew he could make more money ("if it makes dollars, it makes sense")from another fight; a la the Oscar media circus that may or may not turn into an actual fight in May. Maybe if Tiny Margarita gets by Paul Williams (which he may have problems doing, I predict an upset by Williams) and the winner of the Zab-Cotto fight (both stand a good chance of dethroning him), then he will be a big enough draw to attract the attention of Mayweather (seein as he doesn't retire; if he does, you know he won't stay that way) and we will get a chance to see what happens in a Mayweather-Margarito match up. I already know what will happen; Floyd Mayweather Jr sticks and moves his way to another clean and easy decision. No one close to his size has his talent, speed, footwork and strategic boxing mentality. He has been trained to be a fighter since his dad had him throwing punches in his crib. Make no mistake; the guy isn't retiring because he's finished. He's not retiring because he has some kind of injury or because he has become bored with the sport and nowadays lacks the drive. He's retiring because there is no one out there anymore who can compete with him unless he decides to move up to middleweight which would not be a smart move for him, IMO. Only fighter in the world under middleweight that possibly can give Floyd problems right now is maybe The Punisher Paul Williams because of the reach...which did not help out Diego Corrales at all when he was stormed by Floyd Mayweather some years ago, before Diego was damaged from the Castillo fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just read

Sergio Diaz, Margaritos manager, agreed to an extension that is basically a year and
    nine months with a year of matching rights, after that, with Top Rank.

Antonio Margarito is now free to face Paul Williams in the summer.
    June 9th or June 30th
    and then take on the winner of Cotto-Judah in the fall

He'll get around $1.7 million for Williams and $ 2 mill for Cotto

I like how they are totally dismissing Judah

So what is it now Floydy fans? Who ducked who?

Floyd would tell us personally that he is not fighting to prove to the fans who the best is.
    Man did he get that right. I have the video clip if anyone is intrested in seeing/hearing it with their own eyes and ears

All that shiet you gayboys were saying about Tony ducking Williams All that shiet you said about him and to his fans? What now?

You tried to wipe the dirt off that was left on you by your Fraud.
    The fact still remains that Floyd ducked Tony. Go bury your heads in dirt.

Isnt Floyd just great?

His biggest fall is coming May 5th and then his fans will scatter like roaches when the lights get turned on
    Your days are numbered, I guess they will make new names/register
    I just want to make sure that I have understood what your saying correctly. Mayweather is ducking Margarito by fighting De la Hoya!?!
    In what sense is Margarito the better fight? Gates, publicity, fighter's record or past achievement's, ability, public opinion and desire etc, etc............

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sanj16
    I just read

Sergio Diaz, Margaritos manager, agreed to an extension that is basically a year and

June 9th or June 30th

Floyd would tell us personally that he is not fighting to prove to the fans who the best is.
    Man did he get that right. I have the video clip if anyone is intrested in seeing/hearing it with their own eyes and ears

All that shiet you gayboys were saying about Tony ducking Williams All that shiet you said about him and to his fans? What now?

Isnt Floyd just great?

His biggest fall is coming May 5th and then his fans will scatter like roaches when the lights get turned on
    I just want to make sure that I have understood what your saying correctly. Mayweather is ducking Margarito by fighting De la Hoya!?!
    In what sense is Margarito the better fight? Gates, publicity, fighter's record or past achievement's, ability, public opinion and desire etc, etc............
    No. Mayweather ducked Tony.
    Floyd was scared to sign the 8 million dollar deal and he had no other fights on the table. Baldo had not beat Gatti at the time. And the people were hoping for a Tony / Floyd fight,
    Everyone except floyds fans. They too get scared when they hear Tonys name. They get all crazy when ever his name is mentioned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just read

June 9th or June 30th

Isnt Floyd just great?

Someone should post their names, those who dissed Margarito. haaha jk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Baldo beat Zab and Gatti...and was considered to true welter champ...what was margo's arguement?OH wait...anyone he calls out who doesnt fight him is scared i forgot.

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Olympian904

Baldo beat Zab and Gatti...and was considered to true welter champ...what was margo's arguement?OH wait...anyone he calls out who doesnt fight him is scared i forgot.
    Have a CC Olympian904
    You have been a faithful fan and try to hold your own on your own.
    I like that.

Thread Information