Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Maskaev To Fight Peter!

Quote Originally Posted by Klitschkofan
    Quote Originally Posted by plinden
    Oh well at least now when Vitali beats Peter there won't be any excuses that Vitali beat a washed up Oleg.
    Explain to me in what way you think Peter could possibly beat Oleg?
    Believe me I would love to see Maskaev beat Peter.I am not saying that Peter will beat him I just think it is more likely that Peter emerges as the winner.And what I said about Oleg being washed up, that is just what I believe all the Klitschko haters would use as an excuse just because Oleg is 38 years old, nothing more.I have always rooted for Oleg, it is just that Peter seems very determined and is in his prime at this time.
    I think he is in his prime too, but he still can't box. Have you seen him?!!!! His aim is so off, no crispness, weak defence and he hasn't ever KOd a top guy. He has ONE KO the last 5 fights or so. Is he gonna out jab Oleg? Out move him? Outlast him? WHAT is he going to do to win?
    He is no the big guy like he was against Tony, he is short stocky guy.
    And he is going to be hit by Tony, but by OLEG, thats gonna slow him down further.
    38, so what. Its what 28 used to be. 48 may be a problem. These guys only fight once a year so there isnt much mileage on them.
    Believe me I hope you are right.
    The great thing about this is that since everyone believes Peter to be the God of HW boxing, when Oleg beats him, he will get alot of vindication and respect.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh well at least now when Vitali beats Peter there won't be any excuses that Vitali beat a washed up Oleg.
    Believe me I would love to see Maskaev beat Peter.I am not saying that Peter will beat him I just think it is more likely that Peter emerges as the winner.And what I said about Oleg being washed up, that is just what I believe all the Klitschko haters would use as an excuse just because Oleg is 38 years old, nothing more.I have always rooted for Oleg, it is just that Peter seems very determined and is in his prime at this time.
    I think he is in his prime too, but he still can't box. Have you seen him?!!!! His aim is so off, no crispness, weak defence and he hasn't ever KOd a top guy. He has ONE KO the last 5 fights or so. Is he gonna out jab Oleg? Out move him? Outlast him? WHAT is he going to do to win?
    And he is going to be hit by Tony, but by OLEG, thats gonna slow him down further.
    38, so what. Its what 28 used to be. 48 may be a problem. These guys only fight once a year so there isnt much mileage on them.
    The great thing about this is that since everyone believes Peter to be the God of HW boxing, when Oleg beats him, he will get alot of vindication and respect.
    Since you believe the Klitschkos to be the Gods of HW boxing, its gonna give Peter a lot of vindication and respect when he knocks both of them out, or least KO's Wlad in the rematch. Fuk the Klitschkos.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Since you believe the Klitschkos to be the Gods of HW boxing, its gonna give Peter a lot of vindication and respect when he knocks both of them out, or least KO's Wlad in the rematch. Fuk the Klitschkos.

KO both Klitschkos hell peter had his hands full with a short,fat Middleweight.I see him having a tough time with any of the top ten in the WBC,WBA,IBF and WBO.His chin and power got him this far now he has to box and we all know when he gets tagged a few times he reverts back to his old style.

WHO NEXT ?Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Now I know you Hulk, and I know your are a TRUE fan to those boxers that you support, but surely you cannot mean this? Let the Nut-huggers spout their shit, I am a true Klitschko fan and I try to keep an open mind whenever either of them fight....I figure Maskaev will be beaten up badly by Sam Peter (I was very happy that Oleg got a title to begin with though as he has been in boxing for a LONG time and worked hard and never gave up). Oleg does have A shot at beating Peter though it's a very tiny one, Oleg is a tough SOB but he'll find Peter's punching power and size as well as style much different and much more effective vs him as compared to Rahman.

Wladimir is at the top of his game now!!!! I think Sam is still improving and can really do well but I don't think he will beat Wlad much less Wlad AND Vitali.

In other news, I want Vitali to fight Hasim Rahman since Hasim was gentleman enough to offer Vitali a fight whenever he decided to come back to boxing....after winning there I honestly wouldn't fault Sam Peter for trying not to fight Vitali after his fight with Maskaev due to the timing in which Vitali came back.

I wish both Maskaev and Peter the best....this fight should be a cracker!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Now I know you Hulk, and I know your are a TRUE fan to those boxers that you support, but surely you cannot mean this? Let the Nut-huggers spout their S***, I am a true Klitschko fan and I try to keep an open mind whenever either of them fight....I figure Maskaev will be beaten up badly by Sam Peter (I was very happy that Oleg got a title to begin with though as he has been in boxing for a LONG time and worked hard and never gave up). Oleg does have A shot at beating Peter though it's a very tiny one, Oleg is a tough SOB but he'll find Peter's punching power and size as well as style much different and much more effective vs him as compared to Rahman.

Wladimir is at the top of his game now!!!! I think Sam is still improving and can really do well but I don't think he will beat Wlad much less Wlad AND Vitali.

In other news, I want Vitali to fight Hasim Rahman since Hasim was gentleman enough to offer Vitali a fight whenever he decided to come back to boxing....after winning there I honestly wouldn't fault Sam Peter for trying not to fight Vitali after his fight with Maskaev due to the timing in which Vitali came back.

What in Peter's "style" do you think presents problems for Maskaev? What advantages does he have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeb_21
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    sometime before August and the winner will fight Vitali. Looks like Oleg will never get to fight Vitali after all.
    I agree with you on that. I think Peter is going to put a hurting on Oleg. And then personally I think Peter will also beat Vitali. I'm really glad peter didn't take the step aside money from Vitali, He earned the right to fight for the title now go claim your title Peter.
    well this could silence those that opposed the Vitali comeback....and if Peter loses he needs to step down .....don't think it will happen though...Oleg is getting OLD....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigragu
    sometime before August and the winner will fight Vitali. Looks like Oleg will never get to fight Vitali after all.
    I agree with you on that. I think Peter is going to put a hurting on Oleg. And then personally I think Peter will also beat Vitali. I'm really glad peter didn't take the step aside money from Vitali, He earned the right to fight for the title now go claim your title Peter.
    well this could silence those that opposed the Vitali comeback....and if Peter loses he needs to step down .....don't think it will happen though...Oleg is getting OLD....
    Oleg is getting old and has been beaten and by lesser men than this improving Peter. Peter stops him and brutally....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Oleg is getting old and has been beaten and by lesser men than this improving Peter. Peter stops him and brutally....
    Yeah....which is why B-HOP talked about stepping up and fighting him....should be a good one...for as long as it lasts...

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah....which is why B-HOP talked about stepping up and fighting him....should be a good one...for as long as it lasts...
    And hopefully a nice referee!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And hopefully a nice referee!
    one can only hope....

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now I know you Hulk, and I know your are a TRUE fan to those boxers that you support, but surely you cannot mean this? Let the Nut-huggers spout their shit, I am a true Klitschko fan and I try to keep an open mind whenever either of them fight....I figure Maskaev will be beaten up badly by Sam Peter (I was very happy that Oleg got a title to begin with though as he has been in boxing for a LONG time and worked hard and never gave up). Oleg does have A shot at beating Peter though it's a very tiny one, Oleg is a tough SOB but he'll find Peter's punching power and size as well as style much different and much more effective vs him as compared to Rahman.

CC you Klit head. Oleg is a tuff SOB, and a persistant one. I think Peter is gonna be too much for him though and KO him. We'll see. Also Wladimir is gonna have a hell of a time with Peter if he keeps improving like he showed in the TOney fights. His glass jaw will get him knocked down again surly, and hopefully Peter will be able to keep him down this time. Vitali, like I been sayin, he ain't got the best chin either, it just looks good compared to his brother. Yeah he didn't go down against an out of shape Lennox at the end of his career, but he was wobbled. And he was wobbled BIG TIME against Corrie Sanders a couple times and was running around the ring throwin his head back, tryin to get away from Sanders. Plus NOBDODY comes back from a lay off like Vitali is doing and looks like their old self. So magically, Vitali is just supposed to come back and be 100% and easily beat Sam Fucking Peter?! I don't think so. Thats all I'm sayin.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now I know you Hulk, and I know your are a TRUE fan to those boxers that you support, but surely you cannot mean this? Let the Nut-huggers spout their S***, I am a true Klitschko fan and I try to keep an open mind whenever either of them fight....I figure Maskaev will be beaten up badly by Sam Peter (I was very happy that Oleg got a title to begin with though as he has been in boxing for a LONG time and worked hard and never gave up). Oleg does have A shot at beating Peter though it's a very tiny one, Oleg is a tough SOB but he'll find Peter's punching power and size as well as style much different and much more effective vs him as compared to Rahman.

CC you Klit head. Oleg is a tuff SOB, and a persistant one. I think Peter is gonna be too much for him though and KO him. We'll see. Also Wladimir is gonna have a hell of a time with Peter if he keeps improving like he showed in the TOney fights. His glass jaw will get him knocked down again surly, and hopefully Peter will be able to keep him down this time. Vitali, like I been sayin, he ain't got the best chin either, it just looks good compared to his brother. Yeah he didn't go down against an out of shape Lennox at the end of his career, but he was wobbled. And he was wobbled BIG TIME against Corrie Sanders a couple times and was running around the ring throwin his head back, tryin to get away from Sanders. Plus NOBDODY comes back from a lay off like Vitali is doing and looks like their old self. So magically, Vitali is just supposed to come back and be 100% and easily beat Sam F****** Peter?! I don't think so. Thats all I'm sayin.
    Vitali doesn't have the best chin either?You are a hilarious! If you know boxing at all you know the last thing to go is the power.Lewis hit him with his best shots and he took them very well, and I still don't understand how anyone could not get wobled by a perfect shot from Sanders!Come on.

El Kabong Guest

What in Peter's "style" do you think presents problems for Maskaev? What advantages does he have?
    Sam is younger, bigger, stronger, and he LOVES to throw his hands.

The style of Sam Peter is big power punches all night long...Sam won't wait for his shot, (like Rahman did) he'll make his own shot!

Oleg is used to weathering power punches and I just worry about that in this match up....Oleg is good with the right cross and it's quicker than people give him credit for....it's great for countering slow jabs but I don't think Peter will plan to jab slow because the right cross will follow it. Sam will get in tight and he'll throw hooks and it's going to take lots of movement from Maskaev to have that strategy NOT work for Sam Peter and as old as Maskaev is I just don't think he has it in his legs or in his chin to take that for 12 rounds.

No offense to either fighter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The style of Sam Peter is big power punches all night long...Sam won't wait for his shot, (like Rahman did) he'll make his own shot!

Oleg is used to weathering power punches and I just worry about that in this match up....Oleg is good with the right cross and it's quicker than people give him credit for....it's great for countering slow jabs but I don't think Peter will plan to jab slow because the right cross will follow it. Sam will get in tight and he'll throw hooks and it's going to take lots of movement from Maskaev to have that strategy NOT work for Sam Peter and as old as Maskaev is I just don't think he has it in his legs or in his chin to take that for 12 rounds.

true...but how good is Peter's stamina? I mean if...and it is a big if....Oleg survives the first 5 rounds, just how much gas will be left in peter's tank? Last I checked Peter isn't into running marathons....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks good answer. I see. You think that Oleg will not have the mind or feet to stay mobile but will allow Peter to swing, hook and clubber.
    Perhaps Oleg is a bit too slow to avoid Peter.

I think though that Oleg will 100% surely hit Peter squarely in the face with his straighter punches. Its going to feel very different from the TOney fight, and I agree that the jab that Peter used against Toney may not serve him against much taller Oleg who is sure to hit a right over it. The man with the straighter punches wins.

In either case it will be fascinating to see how the fight will develop. For both fighters Everything is at stake. Great matchup! I dont think Peter is ready, but you made some good points.

The reason I can't get behind Peter is mainly his lack of precision and crispness. I feel sorry for him not taking the MILLIONS because a loss against Oleg will set him back alot.

Thread Information