Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: smoking joe... frazier

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: smoking joe... frazier

Ali never had it easy with Frazier...not in 1, 2, or 3!!! All of those fights Joe took Ali to the MAX!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Holmes couldn't take the pressure or the power for a full 15....Holmes had more power than Ali but he wasn't as good or as fast.

Wow AYALA....there's ONE example....you still haven't sold me on Louis using it
    Heres another
    Liston
    Dude it was another era
    Louis should have never come back,he did it for money,mainly to feed the feds and drugs
    Nobody knew how bad those drugs were at the time
    Let alone champs who are getting it for free,just for the champ

ICB Guest

Holmes couldn't take the pressure or the power for a full 15....[/b]
    Holmes had more power than Ali but he wasn't as good or as fast.

Wow AYALA....there's ONE example....you still haven't sold me on Louis using it
    Ken Norton vs Larry Holmes ?? oh jeez made right mess of quoting haha but anyway what im trying to say is you were saying Holmes can't take pressure or power for 15 rounds but Ken Norton done it to Holmes so thats wrong imo.

El Kabong Guest

Ken didn't hit as hard as Joe and Norton wasn't as good of a boxer either. Joe fought from bell to bell!

Frazier lost 4 times....2 to Ali, 2 to Foreman

Norton got thumped by every power puncher he ever fought....he did well vs Ali and Holmes

ICB Guest

Ken didn't hit as hard as Joe and Norton wasn't as good of a boxer either. Joe fought from bell to bell!

Frazier lost 4 times....2 to Ali, 2 to Foreman

Norton got thumped by every power puncher he ever fought....he did well vs Ali and Holmes
    Norton does hit quite hard though he had good power imo and he pressures you all time like he did vs Ali and like he did vs Holmes and like i said Ali fought on ropes alot against Frazier except for 2nd fight when he beat Frazier quite comfortably by sticking and moving and Holmes would do same as well except Holmes jab was harder than Ali's and Frazier's face would look mess with all them hard stiff jabs he would be taking from Holmes.

El Kabong Guest

Holmes' chin wasn't as good as Ali's....and his mobility wasn't as good either. Holmes had stiffer punches but he couldn't throw them as fast as Ali did.

I just think Frazier would work Holmes over

ICB Guest

Holmes' chin wasn't as good as Ali's....and his mobility wasn't as good either. Holmes had stiffer punches but he couldn't throw them as fast as Ali did.

I just think Frazier would work Holmes over
    Holmes chin was bloody good though mate how hell he got up from that shavers knockdown i'll never know ok lets settle this now then 12 rounds Holmes wins decision 15 rounds Frazier wins by tko agreed ??

Thread Information