Thread: Jeff Lacy vs Peter Manfredo Jr.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jeff Lacy vs Peter Manfredo Jr.

It's funny how people are ready to write Lacy off after losing to a hall of fame champion with 17 defenses of his belt. It's not like Lacy lost to a bum. He'd kill Manfredo; anyone without the ability to dip and dodge stands no chance against Lacy. He's a bullet train that so far only Calzaghe has been able to dance on his tracks without getting run down.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Lacy has plenty of Left in the Tank... Not for nothing but Manfredo is far from worldclass and has rode the Contender Gravy train to the last stop... Lacy would rip him apart

Peter dosent have enough power to keep Lacy off of him... Lacy TKO rd 4-5
    And Calzaghe has power? Where?
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by "PRIDE OF BOSTON"
    Lacy has plenty of Left in the Tank... Not for nothing but Manfredo is far from worldclass and has rode the Contender Gravy train to the last stop... Lacy would rip him apart

And Calzaghe has power? Where?
    Manfredo was overwhelmed by being slapped half to death..... Peter Can not outbox Jeff lacy so he cant win that way and he Defineitly isint gonna stand toe to toe with Lacy... Let me repeat HE WILL NOT outbox Jeff Lacy and would KO'D in the process....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lacy would ko manfedo

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

FFS Lacy is the guy that was being labelled the 2nd coming, is it that hard for people to actually think that he just got beat by a great fighter - and so badly beat that he may never recover

Can't believe how many people have turned there back on the guy. Look at the Lacy that destroyed Robin Reid - a man who would not have been koed by a kick from ah orse. Lacy had the world at his feet and could've been awesome!! He just fought JC too early (JC was world champion for 4 years before Lacy even turned pro!!!!)

He would still destroy Manfredo easily, even on his worst night and Manfredos best!!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    FFS Lacy is the guy that was being labelled the 2nd coming, is it that hard for people to actually think that he just got beat by a great fighter - and so badly beat that he may never recover

Can't believe how many people have turned there back on the guy. Look at the Lacy that destroyed Robin Reid - a man who would not have been koed by a kick from ah orse. Lacy had the world at his feet and could've been awesome!! He just fought JC too early (JC was world champion for 4 years before Lacy even turned pro!!!!)
    He would still destroy Manfredo easily, even on his worst night and Manfredos best!!
    Agreed... The only problem was that Lacy beat the shat out of everyone they put in front of him, and he proved his meddle and earned his shot at the big time.. Its just one of those things I guess

I'm proud to say I have never abandoned Jeff he is still my favorite fighter and I hold out hope he can recover from his injuries and be a force again

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H

Agreed... The only problem was that Lacy beat the shat out of everyone they put in front of him, and he proved his meddle and earned his shot at the big time.. Its just one of those things I guess

I'm proud to say I have never abandoned Jeff he is still my favorite fighter and I hold out hope he can recover from his injuries and be a force again
    Fair play m8 - cc Back

I just hope his injuries aren't mainly mental
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lacy vs. Manfredo Jr. would be a better fight than most expect... If Lacy doesn't flatten him in the first few rounds. The fact of the matter is that Lacy is over rated big time. He is slow in there. He doesn't get his punches, however hard, off first or quickly. He was in tough fights with a number of lesser guys - Omar Sheika, Syd Vanderpool, and Donnell Wiggins come to mind. I was really surprised the way he whipped Robin Reid though. I thought Reid was a very live underdog that night, and he got his ass kicked. Was Reid that shot? Did he just get caught early? Lacy was lucky to beat Tsypko last fight as well... Manfredo punches quickly as well... It's too bad he didn't remember to do that against Calzaghe -punch that is. It would be hard to back Manfredo after that performance... Manfredo would be a live dog, like Reid I guess, but in the end he would probably take it on the chin... KO6 Lacy - with scorecards even.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have to agree with ya. He's still Jeff Lacy, his right hand or left hook would rock Manfredo badly. He wouldn't need a BS stoppage to stop Peter either.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    I can't help but recalling the endless number of times I heard Peter Manfredo Jr. dis Jeff Lacy before Peter's fight with Calzaghe.

Any one want to see Jeff Lacy beat up Manfredo for running his mouth wreckless?

I do.

Who is with me?
    You got my vote. I love Jeff Lacy and think he's a stand-up fella. I would love to see him have a tune-up with that bum.
    "et ignotas animum dimittit in artes naturamque nouat" Ovid's Metamorphoses

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I'm with you, Danny. Would love to see my man Lacy come back and rip Manfredo to shreds. I agree with Gamo and whoever said it in this thread that Andrade and Lacy should have a go. And then Lacy vs Miranda or Dawson

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC Big H great post.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    CC Big H great post.
    CC Back mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lacy is a better professional. Manfredo proved he is just as good as the contenders on that show, but he does not have the skills to compete in the real boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just a little advise to everyone knocking Manfredo!! If you will recall he has never been knocked down. Also, against Joe C. he never got hit with any good shots. Even all of the experts know that that was stopped when it shouldnt have been. And, if you watch the fight again, you will see that in the first 2 rounds Manfredo did catch Joe with shots that stunned him. Also, when Manfredo is training with his father is much less of a fighter than he is when training with Freddie Roach. Every fight he has had with Roach in his corner he has(or should have,ie. second fight with Mora) won. I think it will be a good fight as long as Manfredo is training with Freddie. If Freddie is in the corner then Manfredo will win the fight!!!

Thread Information