Thread: **Can Calzaghe get out of the corner Warren has painted him into?!?!**

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default **Can Calzaghe get out of the corner Warren has painted him into?!?!**

Now I know that Warren has done a lot for Joe... But has he, over the course of Joe's career, protected him right out of the American eye. His 2 noteable fights were Eubank and Lacy. I know Eubank was over the hill but so was Joe Louis when he faced The Rock.(This is not knocking Joe... The young lion needs to take the torch but I'm just saying these are truly the only noteable fights)

How long have we heard about a Jones fight(since Roy was in his prime)
    How long have we heard about a B-Hop fight(forever... But it means less and less every year)
    Now we have a JT fight thats been coming up latly(after all is said and done... Do we think this fight will ever take place?)

I think there are alot of reasons why Joe hasn't fought a noteable US draw besides Lacy... I think Warren is one of them. I know that B-Hop had priced himself out of anyone's league at one point but as far as...... Well, I'm just sick of the talk.

I'm sick of how Joe will toss Warren in whenever a commentator or reporter has a question about a fight that COULD happen.

I know he has handlers that make alot of decisions and people that tell him what he should do... The biggest voice is Warren!

Do you know why Oscar is a legend? He fought the best and never made excuses. If the fight made sence it happened.

Do you know why B-Hop is a legend? He fought the best and never made excuses. If the fight made sence it happened.

Am I glad the Mic got ripped away from Warren when he began to talk about Kessler after the Manfredo "fight"?

Hell YES!!! I didn't want to hear his friggin programed answers.

"Well, it looks like the fight could happen but we'll have to talk to Kessler's people."

Shut up warren!

If Joe wants to come over here and win fights in front of the US audience... We would love to have him. I'm sure he would be a star here to. Saddly, he could have been a star 5 yrs ago.

Basicly what I'm saying is that if Joe truly wanted to fight these fights he could have managed it. He chose to listen to Warren and painted himself into a corner where fans are finally wanting to see him against GREAT opposition at 35 years old.

Could Joe have been a legend by now? Yes...

Will he be? I don't know but he still has a shot if he can get a huge fight here in the next year or so or coax a huge name over there to Wales.

Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: **Can Calzaghe get out of the corner Warren has painted him into?!?!**

You used two rubbish examples

Oscar turned pro a star, and when you generate the amount of money he does you can fight who you want, when you want, where you want.

B-Hop was lucky enough to be reigning in such a poor period for Middles it took beating two welterweight stars to make his name. The most sensible thing he ever did was turn down the career high payday that Calzaghe was offering. This post wouldn't even exist

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: **Can Calzaghe get out of the corner Warren has painted him into?!?!**

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    You used two rubbish examples

Oscar turned pro a star, and when you generate the amount of money he does you can fight who you want, when you want, where you want.

B-Hop was lucky enough to be reigning in such a poor period for Middles it took beating two welterweight stars to make his name. The most sensible thing he ever did was turn down the career high payday that Calzaghe was offering. This post wouldn't even exist

But you didn't answer the question... Has Warren helped paint Joe C into a corner by waiting until he's 35 to show his skill in front of an American audience... Now it's a race against the clock to close a high profile deal while he still has his handspeed and reflexes. Do you honestly think Joe has 3-4 years left fighting at the level he is at?

I hope so... But realisticly speaking... Probably not.

My point was that Warren has waited to long to take this kid and transplant him in the US.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sure he can BUT why would he?
    Hes making money, hes still a champ., hes the biggest celeb in whales.....

Hes riding the UK Express along side Hatton.

Joe can get out of the corner and he MIGHT jusy have to.
    Warren & he have milked this one for years now they've made money in the UK, they've made a name for him in the UK. (Not world wide)
    In the own words of Joe C. "I think it's coming to an end for me fighting here in Whales, I've done all I could here"
    Even he realizes hes been living in fantasy land fighting there and fighting the quality of opposition he has fought, he made money NOW it's time to step out and step up in class and fight someone that stands a chance at giving you a good fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    I'm sure he can BUT why would he?
    Hes making money, hes still a champ., hes the biggest celeb in whales.....

Hes riding the UK Express along side Hatton.

Joe can get out of the corner and he MIGHT jusy have to.
    Warren & he have milked this one for years now they've made money in the UK, they've made a name for him in the UK. (Not world wide)
    In the own words of Joe C. "I think it's coming to an end for me fighting here in Whales, I've done all I could here"
    Even he realizes hes been living in fantasy land fighting there and fighting the quality of opposition he has fought, he made money NOW it's time to step out and step up in class and fight someone that stands a chance at giving you a good fight.
    Thats my point... But who? I don't want to see Hopkins. I'd like to see what he can do in the higher weight classes. He intriques me... Roy is washed up... Taylor would be fun to watch but will Joe do it? Probably not. If the fight was billed right and took place in the US Kessler even not being a huge name in the US could make him a star... Just by having a huge unification bout.

I don't know... I just think its to damn late in his career for the old," Time to make the trip to the US."
    Hidden Content

Thread Information