Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Calzaghe beats Taylor convincingly................

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Calzaghe beats Taylor convincingly................

Quote Originally Posted by shza
    Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    Yeah, I mean it would be clearly the biggest win of his career.

Its easy to say that Taylor doesn't always look impressive but he has beaten Hopkins twice and drew with Winky. Even though I haven't always agreed with those decisions he was obviously competitive with two great fighters.

That being said, I'd be shocked if it happened. Why would Taylor move up a weight class, to fight the best guy there in his first fight, in his hometown, when Warren is offering a shitty amount of money. I mean 4 million is a ridiculous amount to us but Taylor can make that fighting welterweights and jr. mids in Little Rock. Unless Warren ups the offer, then its just an "offer" meant to be refused so he could say look Taylor's ducking Joe.

We agreed on another board on these points. Well said again. CC.

Taylor would be far and away the biggest fight of Calzaghe's career. Anyone saying that Taylor's green or untested, or another Lacy, is full of S***. Taylor has faced better competition than Calzaghe has, and kept those fights close (I'd say he was 1-2 in them, but those weren't completely crazy robberies either). Calzaghe has never faced anyone nearly as good as Winky or B-Hop; Taylor's done it three times. In a row! I don't like watching Taylor, and he's definitely got flaws--but he's still levels better than anyone Joe's ever fought. And if Joe could do what B-Hop and Winky (the #1 and #3 P4P fighters in the world at the time of those fights, mind you) were unable to do--score a convincing win over Taylor--you'd be a fool not to regard him very highly.
    cc some very good points. I was high on Taylor right after his fights with B-hop and Wright but have soured on him since. But you are right we cant take anything away from Joe IF he fights Taylor and beats (convincingly) him. He would have done what two other HOFers were not able to do.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    Will you doubters, change your view of him??
    How would Edison Miranda put it...

"Once Joe beats Taylor he will undoubtedly be the best 160 pounder in boxing"

Haha
    Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    Yeah, I mean it would be clearly the biggest win of his career.

Its easy to say that Taylor doesn't always look impressive but he has beaten Hopkins twice and drew with Winky. Even though I haven't always agreed with those decisions he was obviously competitive with two great fighters.

That being said, I'd be shocked if it happened. Why would Taylor move up a weight class, to fight the best guy there in his first fight, in his hometown, when Warren is offering a shitty amount of money. I mean 4 million is a ridiculous amount to us but Taylor can make that fighting welterweights and jr. mids in Little Rock. Unless Warren ups the offer, then its just an "offer" meant to be refused so he could say look Taylor's ducking Joe.

You know, i actually hope thats the case.

At lease then Taylor is out of the picture. Then of course that just leaves one man.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Denis Inkin

Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Boxer'
    he gave Lacy a boxing lesson from start to finish. he won every round and i give joe alot of props for that. nobody thought lacy was a great fighter. he fun to watch but not great. joe made lacy look like the average fighter that alot of people said he was.
    I just don't remeber these people before the fight

Honestly NOBODY on here was calling Lacy hype, there were only a handful of us that thought Joe could win
    i admit that i pick lacy because of lack of knowledge on calzaghe but myself and alot of other people always talked about how one deminsional and easy to hit lacy was. i wouldn't say lacy was all hype. he just exploited a weak division. i don't remember anybody saying he was P4P or anything like that. he's an entertaining fighter that fought often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    The problem is MOST Calzaghe knockers, on these boards, only saw him for the first time when he whooped Lacy. Now Lacy has been written off as S***, they look at Calzaghe's record and query if the guy is so good why hasn't he fought Hopkins, Jones, etc.. so obviously he's a protected Euro bum - aka Sven Ottke

Whereas those of us that have followed his entire career realise although it's disappointing the big fights haven't happened there have been some legit excuses along the way.
    They has been some legit reasons, but the guy has been hailed as the best 168 for nearly ten years?? Joe Clazaghe simply likes the $$$ to much thats his problem, imagine he took a pay cut say 2000/2001 to figth a big name he would probably be 10 times better off financially, now if he fights this irkin next im sorry i will no longer be a Joe Clazaghe fan, the guy needs to go over to the States and prove he is the best, if no big fight can be made for July surely Froch is your man, its funny how he had no problem getting in with other british challangers down the years aka Reid Woodhall Mcgee, but Froch why not?? Froch would stop this Irkin in 8. I think Joe will never fight anyone because he wont travel, he changes his tune daily, after the Bika fight he was saying his next fight could well be his last fight on british soil, then he beats Manfredo and says why does he need to travel when he gets 35000 fans?? I hope Itv drop warren and his crappy network so he can go grovelling abck to Sky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    The problem is MOST Calzaghe knockers, on these boards, only saw him for the first time when he whooped Lacy. Now Lacy has been written off as S***, they look at Calzaghe's record and query if the guy is so good why hasn't he fought Hopkins, Jones, etc.. so obviously he's a protected Euro bum - aka Sven Ottke

For most informed people it has to do withg Jeff struggling with journeyman Wiggins, Grant (Andrade beat him far far easier than Lacy.. makes you wonder about Lacy's abilities..), Sheika (Beyer beat Sheika far easier than Lacy didi... again....., Tsypko (Lacy basically lost to this no. 15 in the world... makes you wonder..)
    Super Middleweight also acknowledge as Kessler's Kingdom when Calzaghe has retire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Quote Originally Posted by tysonbruno
    I think Kessler deserves 50/50 if he comes to fight here giving Calzaghe home advantage and lets not forget Kessler has the 2 world title WBC/WBA 50/50 is fair
    calzaghe has the wbo and THE RING belt, the ring belt being the biggest belt to the true fans since the days of the one and only belt per devision.

And try too see how he got the ring-belt,he beat the ring number 3,not number 2(kessler),so F*** the ring-belt
    Super Middleweight also acknowledge as Kessler's Kingdom when Calzaghe has retire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

in my eyes its all about UNIFICATION! what good is defending a belt 20 times if its not UNIFIED

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    in my eyes its all about UNIFICATION! what good is defending a belt 20 times if its not UNIFIED

Good point
    CC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOOK THIS GUY HAS 42 WINS AND HIS BEST OPONANT IS A 21 FIGHT NOVICE IN LACY NEED I SAY ANYMORE ABOUT HIM ?
    TAYLOR ISNT EVEN IN HIS DIVISION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WARREN HAS SPOILED A GOOD FIGHTER IN CALZAGHE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHILST I AGREE THAT TAYLOR HAS A LONG ROAD AHEAD OF HIM I THINK HE HAS ALREADY STAMPED HIS NAME ON THE P4P HAS HE NOT. HOPKINSX2,WRIGHT,AND EVEN JOPPY AND OUMA. I STILL GIGGLE LIKE A SCHOOL GIRL WHEN I WATCH MISTER SLAPPY-SLAP-SLAP FIGHT(CALZAGHE,AS IF I NEEDED TO EXPLAIN). THE COMMENTATORS PURR OVER HIS SLAP SPEED, I MEAN HAND SPEED OTHER THAN A MASSIVELY OVERATED LACY I THINK HE STILL HASNT GONE IN AGAINST ANY OF THE BEST THE WORLD OR RATHER AMERICA HAS TO OFFER. AS MUCH AS I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE FIGHT HAPPEN THE CALZAGHE V KESSLER IS HARDLY A LET DOWN. SO FINGERS CROSSED

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If joe beats taylor convincingly, it would raise the bar for him even higher but taylor alone will not cement his legacy as one of the best P4P only fellow english would do anyway. Fans knows this and you can't fool them, a consistent quality opponent with quality wins is badly needed if he wants to be there with the best of the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessrevolution
    If joe beats taylor convincingly, it would raise the bar for him even higher but taylor alone will not cement his legacy as one of the best P4P only fellow english would do anyway. Fans knows this and you can't fool them, a consistent quality opponent with quality wins is badly needed if he wants to be there with the best of the best.
    AMEN BROTHER!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor would not cement his legacy but it dam sure as hell would be impressive for the fact that JT beat Bhop and drew with Winky. If JC could beat him in a convincing manner,it would be dam impressive and further enhance his stading amongst the American boxing community,an objective which he clearly desires.

If he fights Inkin next,he can fuck off!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will you doubters, change your view of him??
    well i think taylor is extremely overrated as well

Thread Information