Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: WHAT IF CALZAGHE FIGHTS EITHER TAYLOR OR KESSLER AND GETS BEAT ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default WHAT IF CALZAGHE FIGHTS EITHER TAYLOR OR KESSLER AND GETS BEAT ?

Lets forget the Jeff Lacy win for a second these are way bigger and better fights than the Lacy fight so if Calzaghe steps up to fight either Kessler or Taylor and gets beat where will this leave him? I think Taylor beats him UD12 and Kessler stops him late bring on the sad clicks

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: WHAT IF CALZAGHE FIGHTS EITHER TAYLOR OR KESSLER AND GETS BEAT ?

Quote Originally Posted by tysonbruno
    Lets forget the Jeff Lacy win for a second these are way bigger and better fights than the Lacy fight so if Calzaghe steps up to fight either Kessler or Taylor and gets beat where will this leave him? I think Taylor beats him UD12 and Kessler stops him late bring on the sad clicks
    OK - These are not excuses... but

I worry about a.) his hands, b.) 35 and a pro for 14 years aint the best time to have your toughest fight (granted this is largely this own fault)

If his hands hold up, I think he beats Kessler and Taylor
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Same place it leaves everyone (with the exception of Rocky Marciano)..

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While I think that Joe Calzaghe would win both of these fights if the hands don't crumble again, it would be very bad for him if he loses. In reality, I think if he loses against one, he might be able to make a big fight against the other, or a rematch if it had been competitive.

I think if he were to lose, it would be a matter of motivation if he would come back, and the money would still be there after the first defeat....but a second defeat would either leave him retiring or taking some easier fights against the Manfredo's/Beyer's/Andrade's of this world, who are not top level, but at high level nonetheless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not gonna happen. If a fight ever comes together with Kessler I see Calzaghe outpointing him and as for Taylor, I dont even see why hes such a talking point as a Calzaghe oppenent. The guy has never fought at super middleweight and Joe is a very big super middle. Calzaghe would just be too big and too fast for him. I find it difficult to have any interest in a fight with Taylor and dont see why anyone would back him to beat Joe.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beerjelly
    Not gonna happen. If a fight ever comes together with Kessler I see Calzaghe outpointing him and as for Taylor, I dont even see why hes such a talking point as a Calzaghe oppenent. The guy has never fought at super middleweight and Joe is a very big super middle. Calzaghe would just be too big and too fast for him. I find it difficult to have any interest in a fight with Taylor and dont see why anyone would back him to beat Joe.
    Surely Jermain Taylor is one of the best middleweights of the past two or three years, and with Joe as the dominant super-middleweight it would at least be more interesting than the Manfredo fight. Was it 100/1 on for Calzaghe... ior did the bookies stop taking bets? Taylor would give Calzaghe a challenge, but I see what you're saying about size and speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joes a big supermiddle you all say what is he 5ft 11inch 6ft something like that Taylor is 6ft 1inch has weighed 11stone 10lbs 4 times in the past i bet in the ring together Taylor would be the bigger man

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by WWatt
    Same place it leaves everyone (with the exception of Rocky Marciano)..
    I like that answer

Thread Information