Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Floyd speaking on how he has broken records!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd speaking on how he has broken records!!!

Watch floyd saying how he has broken ali, sugar ray robinson, ray leonard's records

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBVNXtxvPuo
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd speaking on how he has broken records!!!

He is really getting to be a pain in the ass, I have never voted for Oscar before in my life, but I am seriously thinking about it at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd was just being honest in his opinion. I still would bet for him.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by supergenius
    Floyd was just being honest in his opinion. I still would bet for him.
    Exactly. He said NOTHING about "breaking" anyone's records, he simply stated the fact that those guys were bested eventually and he wasn't. And he mentioned Sugar Ray Robinson going for the LHW title and failing to hype up his own trip to junior middleweight.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the fact that Mayweather is insinuating that he has accomplished a feat they haven't because he's undefeated (because we all know three of those guys have fought better compedition overall without question), but I really feel that you're making "something out of nothing". Floyd didn't disrespect those guys and there is no reason to flame him over what he said, which was simply all fact.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

when jones went undefeated he said in a newspaper "ali has been defeated and i ahvent wouldnt taht make me greater" and he didnt get shit for it niethr shoud pbf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DLH and PBF are two of my favorite fighters. If I had to pick a winner I would say PBF is going to win. I think DLH is getting old now. I like both but my gut tells me PBF will win by decision.
    ORIGINAL MEMBER OF THE DREADED AND MUCH FEARED CIRCLE OF TRUST (CoT)Hidden Content
    Inventor of Who Are You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the phenom
    when jones went undefeated he said in a newspaper "ali has been defeated and i ahvent wouldnt taht make me greater" and he didnt get shit for it niethr shoud pbf
    At one time roy jones may have been considered greater than ali, just because of the fact how dominant he was in his prime. he never had an off night, never was in trouble in any fight and dominated future legends like hopkins and toney. I don't see any fighter past or present beating him even sugar ray robinson (due to the fact that he was a welterweight). Floyd even though is an all time great, I believe lost the first castillo fight, had a little trouble with Jesus Chavez, and got stunned by Corley. I can think of a number of fighters who may have a good shot at beating floyd such as duran, julio cesar chavez, whitaker, benny leonard, willie pep. besides sugar ray robinson I think went about a 107 fights without a loss and was undefeated as an amateur. Floyd lost the olympic gold as an amateur and his first pro loss is coming on May 5.
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Dog
    DLH and PBF are two of my favorite fighters. If I had to pick a winner I would say PBF is going to win. I think DLH is getting old now. I like both but my gut tells me PBF will win by decision.
    Same here. I feel PBF will be all over DLH. PBF will win by points even if DLH is in his prime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes delusional to say Ali lost to Leon Spinks takes away from his career. And Leonard even being in the ring with Duran is more than anything hes ever done. And Floyds name shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as SRR....except that one
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mayweather does have a big mouth but still i think he can beat de la hoya

SigmaMu Guest

Floyd always looks down and stutters when he is going to let out a lie.
    Can you catch the lies?
    He don't even believe the lies he is saying so why should we?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow you guys get worked up so easily. Just relax every great fighter gets an ego, They all believe they can beat eachother deep down inside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd knows he's arrogant. It's well calculated.
    In many many interviews he's said that the sport needs good guys and bad guys.
    So if people are gonna hate him anyways, he's gonna do the best he can to maximize that arrogance that his haters despise so much.
    His fans tune in to see him win, his haters will tune in to see if his next fight will be the fight where he gets his head knocked off.
    He's a smart business man.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You got to love Floyd's arrogance, it's such a dilemna for me. Two fighters that annoy me more than any others in the sport get it on a month from now.

Is it too much to hope that somehow they can both knock each other the fuck out?

If I had to choose I'd pick Floyd to beat Oscar. He says he'll retire then but he won't have achieved enough to be considered an All Time Great imo.

Stopping fighting now would be like Ali retiring after the first Liston fight, or Ray Robinson retiring after he went 2-1 with Jake La Motta.

He's not done enough. As mentioned above we all saw with Roy Jones that when it came down to it his chin wasn't all that and he couldn't come back from adversity. Any attempts to place him above the likes of Ali and Ray Robinson in the greatness stakes were in hindsight flawed. He fell short.

If Floyd does retire May 5th, regardless of the outcome questions will still be unanswered and he won't rate any higher than 20 in the all time great list imo.

Finally, is it me or is Floyd getting smaller every time he appears on camera?

He's like Tom Thumb or one of the borrowers, freaky little midget guy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My thought is, if you are the best the fans are the ones that have to give you that title. I think that if you are just talking about how great you are and trying to gain the public recognition by minimizing what other greatest had accomplished, that is just showing some frustration, and there may some other things wrong in that person's mind. The right way to be recognized as the best of all times is showing that in the ring, fighting the best competition, showing that you are a complete fighter that can box, punch, adapt to any situation in the ring, give excitement to the public... Just making this great sport brighter.

This way we all win, the fighter gets the recognition he wants and the public get the show we deserve.
    Puerto Rico, Small Island, Big Champions!!!

Thread Information