Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto can knock Zab out, but Zab can knock Cotto out

Quote Originally Posted by the phenom
    i dont believe anyone should say cotto will win or anyone say zab will win because its hard to tell they both hit hard zabs faster but is meantally weaker and we dont know who will land the first big punch,because both have weak chins .......... i think we should stop with the predictions for this fight everyone wants one of them to win but we shoudnt state it in certanity................ even though i bet $5 on Zab i jus did it cuz my boy bet on cotto and to make it fun ....... this is a very tough fight to call imo

so from now on state who u would likee to win not who u think wiill win cuz i thnk its impossible to call

wat i do think is it wont go the decision
    don't know...i think Cotto is too big for Zab.....kinda like a younger, better, harder hitting Baldomir....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Good post Ouma. Totally agree and the fact that Zab came on against Spinks has more to do with Spinks fading imo.

Anyways, Zab has power that's for sure. But a lot of that power comes when he is flatfooted, I don't see him willing to stand his ground against Cotto. Which means he'll probably have to make angles which he does do and that's one of the few things he does really well. But Cotto's fairly active in transition now which is what he wasn't against Corley or especially Torres. I don't think the oppurtunities are going to present themselves like some people think.

But Cotto's chin isn't the best and he can be put down. Which is Zab's only hope imo. Zab has never given a boxing lesson in the past except against Micky Ward maybe, no way he gives one to Cotto.

Zab is going to have to catch him and pounce to finish the job. Cotto does get hit by straight punches a fair bit, and that's something Judah can throw especially the left. If he manages to hurt Cotto, which could very well happen then he is going to have to find a serious meanstreak and get the job done on the ropes or something.

But Zab just has so many bad habits that make it extremely unlikely for him to give Cotto any sort of a boxing lesson imo. He'll present a new challenge to Cotto that's for sure, but between dropping his hands after every combo, backpeddling with his hands down completely across the ring, lunging in with his right hand at his hip and his loopy punches in transition just makes it impossible to think for me that Zab is going to win this one.

Cotto UD with about 4 rounds for Zab.
    You'll have to learn that you don't have to be conventional and keep your hands up every second or after every combination to be effective. Mayweather doesn't bring his hands up after a combination unless he hands were already up, and same with Roy. Zab also throws a very straight left hand, and if you watched the Spinks fight he broke him down. Spinks couldn't cope with the speed of the fight for that long, and Zab's superior foot speed wore him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigragu
    i dont believe anyone should say cotto will win or anyone say zab will win because its hard to tell they both hit hard zabs faster but is meantally weaker and we dont know who will land the first big punch,because both have weak chins .......... i think we should stop with the predictions for this fight everyone wants one of them to win but we shoudnt state it in certanity................ even though i bet $5 on Zab i jus did it cuz my boy bet on cotto and to make it fun ....... this is a very tough fight to call imo

so from now on state who u would likee to win not who u think wiill win cuz i thnk its impossible to call

don't know...i think Cotto is too big for Zab.....kinda like a younger, better, harder hitting Baldomir....
    Cotto is younger, a harder hitter, and faster than Baldomir, but he doesn't have even close to the same chin which allowed Baldomir to even stand a chance, and he doesn't have Baldomir's timing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should be a great shootout. Zab needs to be on top of his game and not fight so wreckless though. If he fights smart he can KO Cotto. Both have weak whiskers, but Cotto is a little smarter and patient in the ring. Given this I think he'll prevail, I am pulling for Zab though.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess Roman Karmazin's footspeed wore Spinks down to then right? I know Zab has a straight left but not when he's moving forward with it. That's how Baldomir caught him in the 7th of their fight. Pineda caught a bunch as Zab was moving forward with the left.

And Mayweather drops his hands but he has better reflexes and doesn't move straight backwards, he can anticipate and dodge a punch better then Zab, Mayweather is on a whole nother level. If Zab didn't get hit like Mayweather doesn't get hit then I wouldn't have brought it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigragu

Cotto is younger, a harder hitter, and faster than Baldomir, but he doesn't have even close to the same chin which allowed Baldomir to even stand a chance, and he doesn't have Baldomir's timing.
    true...I'm not knocking Baldomir in anyway....I was just saying Zab leaves himself open too much....and the size factor might help him..it could negate some of Zabs power.....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Zab has enough pop to drop Cotto. Cotto has a weak chin. Zab needs to be patient and have a plan B & C. He can definately win this fight, but it starts in the gym.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Zab could hurt Cotto but Cotto has heart as evidenced against Torres and Corley. Zab' s heart and willingness to dig deep are questionble at best. And I don't think he liked PBF's bodyshots, I don't think he'll be able to take Cotto's on a consistent basis. Zab's speed could cause Cotto issues but if Cotto's power will see him through imo.

SigmaMu Guest

When Cotto is done with him, Zab will be the fastest busboy in the planet.
    Zab will realize he is not in there with a cab drive named Galvan.
    Judah is getting spanked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i like judah by KO but i definetly understand if you guys disagree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

zab is an over rated dickhead with a glass jaw and a ridiculous name !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Floyd adapted to Zab that fight though, and only because of his speed and skill was he able to do so.
    I don't totally agree with that, yeah he did make adjustments, and that did play a big part.

But Floyd is not the first guy that Zab has looked great against early and then faded. Even in the Tsyzu fight he looked great the first round and then looked lost in the second. Looked good early against Corley, Weis, Pineda, and Baldomir but then leveled off and faded. Actually the Spinks fights are the only ones that I can think of where Zab came on strong as the fight went on. He always looks good early and then levels off, even Floyd said he was a front runner.

As for the fight, I really want to see what happens, Cotto could have some real trouble early.

It's very different when Zab was beat by Mayweather.

Prior to that when people had Judah hurt or beaten like that it was usually off of one shot(with Spinks being the exception)

With Baldomir the case with the downfall started was one shot, with the Tszyu fight it was one shot. But Mayweather just pummeled him with accumulation and that was the first true true time I saw Zab get picked apart and nobody could nor can do it like Mayweather can. If Miguel had the first four rounds of Zab that Mayweather did he wouldn't be as poised or as patient as Mayweather.

Cotto can be very poised and patient when his opponent is letting him set the pace though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im just gona sit on the fence and enjoy the fight..

Judah... Is not a china chin..Regardless of what everyone say's..
    He is no iron chin but in all fairness.. Getting sparked by kostya Tszyu doesnt make that so.. He aint no feather puncher to say the least..

Miguel... Has been rocked a couple times.. Corley for one instance
    Its not unusual for the lack of legs to be caused after a fighter struggles to make weight..
    We all know miguel had an incredibly hard time making 140 towards the end of his 140 reign
    and as you could see in the corley fight..It wasnt that he was amazingly hurt..Just troubled with his legs after a good shot.. Possibly that..

But if miguel does have issues with his chin although it is unproven..Then judah does have some great power and might check cotto

And although miguel is though of as a puncher.. and could indeed be out boxed and speeded by zab..
    I think it wont be that simple as miguel keeps his hands tight and is in all fairness technically sound..
    Hnads tight..Slips punches..Checks the body, keeps working down stairs sets his punches up with jabs and body punches...

As of now..Its not a bold statement to say at least that the concept of the fight ..Is very exciting..
    The fight itself couldnt be predicted theres just too many factors all of which make this a great bout

Peace
    Immortal Technique

Thread Information